Movie Magic That Sometimes Gives Me Feels And How I Deal With Those Feels In The Theatre..Part1

So I started thinking and I decided that I would try to make a little blog entry 1-3 times a week. As my first term of college will begin next week it may be a bit rocky keeping that goal, but I'm going to try my hardest. Now these blogs will be random. Sometimes serious, sometimes not.

For today's random blog, comes from me watching Hank Green's Movie Theater Rant. I was watching it and I thought about how I usually act while watching a movie. I noticed that most of the movies I go see give me feels that probably wouldn't give most people feels.

[ Feels : Usually a fanboy/fangirl in a fandom get them, but it isn't just them. Also Feels is a strong emotional mess that usually involve sadness]

Also WARNING: If you haven't watched any of the movies I mention and plan to then there's going to be spoilers. If you don't plan on watching them, then there's really no spoilers for you...

Now I don't usually go to the theatre much to see movies, unless it's something I really really want to see. For me it's usually Marvel movies.

First moment of public Feels:
I went to go see Captain America: The First Avenger.
I love this movie. I'll admit the Captain and Iron Man are my two favorite heroes. I love them more than I love Batman.

I felt feels when little sweet Steve Rogers got ditched at a double date.
I felt the feels because I think everyone has felt like how Steve Rogers felt at that time. Rejected. I've had a bit of rejection myself, but that is life, and it's not a great feeling. It brings many insecurities to the front of your mind and it gives you and emotional beating.

I had feels when Erskine died. The man that believed that Steve Rogers could achieve greatness and be a super soldier, not based on his physical appearance and strength, but on how big his heart, his moral compass, and how good his heart was, died.

I had major feels on his and Peggy's last conversation. It was heartbreaking. Captain Rogers was sacrificing himself to save the United States. They made plans for a date, at the Stork Club at 8 to go dancing. Steve made plans with his right partner, and it gave him the strength to swallow some of the fear that he must've felt, and breaking both hearts. Yes they had hope that it would all end well and to me it showed that hope can be powerful.

The other feels was when Howard and Peggy searched for him. To me it showed that hope and love can be strong and powerful.

The last feel (because even though this blog will be long I don't want it to be longer by listing every feel) was when Captain Rogers awoke. He panicked and freaked out like any normal person would in his shoes and fled. Upon discovering that New York was different and finding out he was frozen for 70 years, he mentioned he had a date. That broke my heart even more. One of the first thoughts he had when he woke up was the date Peggy and he had.

Second Time Of Feels:

When I went to see the Avengers.
I love this movie also, infact I went to see it twice in theatres. Once in and indoor theatre and then three days later at a Drive-In.

When the Black Widow went to collect Bruce Banner/Hulk for the Avengers Initiative. When he asks her if she can't persuade the other guy, and she replies that he hadn't had hulked out in a year and he wouldn't want to ruin it. As he replies "I don't always get what I want" as he pushes a baby bassinet. It shows that Bruce Banner wanted a family, but he can't have one, especially biologically, all because he went to save a boy where he was testing a bomb. I couldn't imagine the feeling of knowing you will never be able to have a simple dream crushed because of what he has within.

Another time was when Bruce Banner talk about his suicide attempt. That he felt that low and hopeless hurt. I think it also added to the feels that I've also felt that low and hopeless. Here was a man that did his damnedest to use what was within for good, but still felt as if he was a monster, and needed to end his life.

I had major feels when Coulson "died". (Which I got soo much positive feels when I found out he lived when the promos for S.H.E.I.L.D came out.) Coulson "died" that should be enough said.

My last Feel for the movie was when Tony was flying the nuke through the portal to save the world and end the battle. Tony Stark, the man everyone thought of a cold, narcissistic, sarcastic person, proved them wrong by doing something even more heroic and something selfless. He knew he would most likely die, but he had to protect the world.

I expressed all these feels by openingly and quitely crying a bit and softly chanting what I was thinking usually "No no this can't be happening." and etc.

Now I had a feel during Iron Man 3 and go into more depth of how I expressed those feels along with the other feels of this post, but I will post that later as it is 3:30 am and I'm tired.

So those were my public feels moments. Have you had any? If so during what, when, and how did you express them?
August 23rd, 2013 at 09:27am