My RE-Introduction | That 70 Questions Thing I've Been Hearing About

Hullo, Mibba!

Alright, first things first, I have been pretty lame lately. I haven't posted a blog in forever, and I don't even want to talk about how I've been about updating. I pretty much haven't. At all.

HOWEVER, that is going to change. I am making a new [school] years resolution TODAY. Today, I tell you. I am going to be more active on this site, because I think Mibba is a gorgeous place full of magic, and wonder, and everything that makes a writer want to barf rainbows all over her computer screen, so I really want to be a part of it. Like...really. More than just having an account.

What that means, my lovely, lovely Mibbians that may be actually reading this blog, that I am going to be UPDATING. I am going to be joining, creating, and following through with CONTESTS. I am going to be writing ARTICLES (possibly, I'm not actually going to make any promises here). I am going to PARTICIPATE in the FORUMS (oooh, this one gets two words in all CAPS. That's quite the commitment). I am going to be writing and reading and commenting like NO OTHER. Well....like many others on this site. Details, details.

Anyway, I would like to start off this new [school] years resolution by (re)introducing myself. So, here goes nothin'.
Hullo, Mibba!

My name is Hannah. I am an avid writer and reader, I like puppies and long walks on the beach.

Actually no, sand sort of gets on my nerves. And stuck between my toes...that's obnoxious.

What I mean to say, is that I am a pretty average 14 year old citizen of the US who has wifi. Call me up any time of the day, and if I'm not at school then the reason I am not answering is probably because I have been sucked into the vortex of darkness and mystery that is the Internet. I like eating and sitting on my lazy butt, writing, and occasionally I will forget things. Like my own age. I'm actually 15. I'm just too lazy to backspace all of ^that^ junk, and my mouse is a whole 2 inches away. Is it really worth the effort go back and change 1 number? No, probably not. Especially now that I have gone and typed up a whole spiel about why it says 14 and not 15. Screw logic.

Anyway, I'd like to get to know you Mibbians better, and I've found that the best way to do that with people, is to tell them a little bit about myself. I found this little handy trend that has been circulating through Mibba called 70 Questions and I think it would be a good little opportunity to get to know y'all. So, without further adieu, here are my answers 70 random questions that you might find interesting. I'll try to be creative with my responses. Let's do this.

70 Questions: Ashes to Graphite Style

1. First thing you wash in the shower?

Gee, you expect me to remember what exactly I did 6 months ago? (It's probably my face. I'm not a barbarian, I shower every day)

2. What color is your favorite hoodie?

Grey with a State Speech tournament logo on the front.

3. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again?

Sure, I love my dog.

4. Do you plan outfits?

HA! Let me tell you when I plan outfits - first day of school, picture day, before debate tournaments, and dances. The other days? I might as well be playing darts with a blind fold on. Open the drawer, and grab.

5. How are you feeling RIGHT now?

Well, my forehead itches and I feel like I need to go have a indepth soul-searching session because I can't even pinpoint how I feel right now.

6. Whats the closest thing to you that's red?

A humming bird feeder just outside the window.

7. Tell me about the last dream you remember having?

I had a dream when I was 8 and I was sleeping on the floor of the guest bedroom in my grandparents' house. I could tell there was something urgent, mostly because I was sprinting as fast as my legs could carry me and the burning sensation in my lungs told me I had been running really hard for a really long time, but for about half the dream, I had no idea what I was running from. It wasn't until I nearly ran into a giant tree in the forest I was sprinting through, that I looked back and saw a giant, mutant, Wile E. Coyote-looking thing running after me. Scared the living Cheese Nips out of me, let me tell you. Then, the pounding of the ground against my feet suddenly stopped and I found myself over the edge of a cliff. Right there, in the middle of the forest, there was a huge chasm. The trees didn't even stop until there was no dirt left for them to be in, so I had no idea it was there until I was falling down. And down. And down. I feel for a ridiculously long time, and as an 8 year old with an oddly developed fear of hights and falling (that still holds true today, let me tell you), it was enough to make me wet my dream-pants. By the end of my falling, I saw a speck on the floor of the chasm, and right before I reached it, I realized it was the sleeping bag I was in IRL (yah, I know acronyms). I woke up, just as I hit the ground/sleeping bag, and waking up in that same bag was possibly the scariest thing ever.

I don't always remember dreams, but when I do, they are ridiculously vivid. Stay sleepy, my friends.

8. Did you meet anybody new today?

Yah. This nice lady sold my mom a sewing machine. Susan, I think is her name.

9. What are you craving right now?

Inspiration

10. Do you floss?

Right before a dentist appointment

11. What comes to mind when I say cabbage?

Lettuce.

12. Are you emotional?

Sometimes. When I'm drunk tired.

13. Have you ever counted to 1,000?

Look, in elementary school, I tried counting the number of licks it took to get to the center of a Tootsie pop. Don't ask me if I've counted to 1000, it's insulting.

14. Do you bite into your ice cream or just lick it?

I lick it. Lick it right up. (Take that one how you will)

15. Do you like your hair?

My hair and I have a love-hate relationship. It's thick and curly, which sounds nice, except I'm just getting it so I can keep the frizz under control. When it's short and thinned - love it. When it starts to get long...uuuugh.

16. Do you like yourself?

What's not to like? I have my flaws, I'm lazy and a little chubbier through the midsection than I'd like, but I feel like enough other people like to hang out with me that I should like myself too.

17. Would you go out to eat with George W Bush?

If he pays and talks about something other than politics, sure. Free food and the rights to say I discussed the latest episode of Cupcake Wars with Bush? Why not?

18. What are you listening to right now?

The oddly soothing mixture of computer keys, a portable fan, my dad mowing the lawn, and a radio commercial.

19. Are your parents strict?

Yes, but not irrationally so.

20. Would you go sky diving?

Let's discuss that falling dream again, shall we?

21. Do you like cottage cheese?

Nope.

22. Have you ever met a celebrity?

Does Mickey Mouse count?

23. Do you rent movies often?

Often...well, sure, but not a crap ton.

24. Is there anything sparkly in the room you're in?

No. Shiny, yes. Sparkly, no.

25. How many countries have you visited?

One. The United States. I'm so cool.

26. Have you made a prank phone call?

Nope.

27. Ever been on a train?

Nope

28. Brown or white eggs?

White. Brown eggs make me feel like I am trying to hard to eat organic and healthy, and I don't like to feel like I'm trying when I don't have to. I'm a lazy being.

29.Do you have a cell-phone?

Yes. Whether or not I use it as much as people would appreciate is debatable. Don't try calling me, it won't work, and texting...I hate texting.

30. Do you use chap stick?

Sometimes, when I find it and my lips feel dry.

31. Do you own a gun?

I do not. I'm not a bad shot, though :D

32. Can you use chop sticks?

Can, yes. Should, no.

33. Who are you going to be with tonight?

My parents, my dog, and my internet.

34. Are you too forgiving?

I used to be. I used to be super forgiving and loved everyone and always wanted to make everyone happy, but at this point, I've learned that you can't always forgive everyone for everything, and if someone isn't happy with you for doing something that wasn't wrong, they just didn't like it, forget it it.

35. Ever been in love?

Yes. With food. And various book characters, but we won't get into that today.

36. What are your friend(s) doing tomorrow?

Well...living. Some of us are going to go on the Color Run! That'll be a blast-ola.

37. Ever have cream puffs?

Yes. I actually have an awesome recipe, and they are really easy to make!

38. Last time you cried?

OH gee....when I watched the Phineas and Ferb movie? Before you judge, those characters have a lot of sentimental value beyond the show itself. Middle school, okay. Things happen.

39. What was the last question you asked?

"What's the temperature outside?" I didn't get an answer. Thanks for nothing, Dad.

40. Favorite time of the year?

Fall.

41. Do you have any tattoos?

No, siree.

42. Are you sarcastic?

Noooo.... (that joke would work a lot better if you could tell I was being sarcastic. The real answer is yes. I'm just trying to embrace irony.)

43. Have you ever seen The Butterfly Effect?

Nope

44. Ever walked into a wall?

I would prefer not to answer this one. (Ahem, yes)

45. Favorite color?

BLUE. Love blue.

46. Have you ever slapped someone?

Oh man, that is quite the story. I have it typed up, remind me to post that as a blog someday. I don't want to make this obnoxiously long, but I slapped a second grader. I WAS IN THE SECOND GRADE AS WELL, don't freak out on me, but...yah.

47. Is your hair curly?

THE FRIZZ..... O.O

48. What was the last CD you bought?

Native by OneRepublic (Love them. LOVE)

49. Do looks matter?

Yes. Looks do in fact matter. You can pretend all you want that people aren't going to judge you on your looks, but your looks are the first thing people see about you. You can pretend that the way you dress shouldn't matter, it won't affect the way people treat you, but it will. Because we are human, and we automatically make judgements and think about people a certain way based on how they look to us. So yah.

50. Could you ever forgive a cheater?

I can't imagine that a cheater would ever have a good enough explanation for me to forgive. Maybe, but I doubt it.

51. Is your phone bill sky high?

Well, as much as I hate to admit it, my parents pay my phone bill at the moment, so I have zero clue.

52. Do you like your life right now?

Sure. It's boring, but it's full of health and nice things and I am not abused or bullied or addicted to anything. Life is pretty darn great.

53. Do you sleep with the TV on?

Holy no. You don't want to know how many sleep overs I have been too where I am the last one up only because everyone else fell asleep when we were watching a movie on TV and I don't know how to work my friend's remote. If I can't turn of the TV, I can't sleep. It doesn't happen.

54. Can you handle the truth?

Jack Nicholson would say I can't, but...I think I could. I'm a pretty rational person, and if it was something scandalous...heck, it would make a great story! :D

55. Do you have good vision?

Yes.

56. Do you hate or dislike more than 3 people?

I don't hate many people. I don't hate anyone I know personally. I dislike many people though. If you can say you dislike 3 people or less, you are either a saint, or lying.

57. How often do you talk on the phone?

Oh, not much. I hate talking on the phone. I'd rather text, email, or talk face to face. Talking on the phone is not a nice thing.

58. The last person you held hands with?

My nephew, Marcus.

59. What are you wearing?

Knee length jean shorts, a pink tee shirt from Scheels for breast cancer awareness, and a bracelet a friend of mine made when we went camping a few weeks ago.

60.What is your favorite animal?

Owls!

61. Where was your default picture taken at?

My default picture? I don't know what that means.... >.<

62. Can you hula hoop?

Yes, but I haven't done it since I was 10 :(

63. Do you have a job?

Not a paying one.

64. What was the most recent thing you bought?

With my own money? A movie ticket. For Iron Man 3

65. Have you ever crawled through a window?

Nope.

66. Live with anyone?

My parents and my dog, Rocky.

67. Are you in school?

I will be starting the 10th grade in 4 days. Woop, sophmore!

68. Like anyone?

Yes. I like lots of people. However, if you are talking about anyone I have a crush on, that is also a yes. It's nothing serious, though, I just think he's a super nice person, and I wish he would talk to me.

69. If you could say anything to one person what would it be?

You are a quality human being, and I would like it very much if you had a wonderful day today.

70. Favorite song right now?

Oooh, I hate this question. My favorite song right this very moment would have to be "Royals" by Lorde.


Alright, that's all I got! I hope you enjoyed learning a little bit about the person behind the username Ashes to Graphite. Just a few housekeeping things now:

I am going to be doing my best to actually work on my stories that I have had since the beginning of this account, so if you want to check any of them out, they are on my Profile and I will put some links right here!

If you are interested in....
Action and Adventure - Before Neverland

OR

Sci-Fi and Dystopian worlds - Someone's Destiny

And then my short stories: The Hardest Thing of All, The Exam, and The Bear of Winter. There are more on my profile, but these are my newest and most popular. :)

Also, message me! Send friend requests! Recommend stories from others or of your own that you think deserve comments or at least another set of eyeballs, because I love reading! Also, if you need a proof-reader or general idea-bouncer-offer-er, shoot me an email at ashestographite@gmail.com! I'd love to get more involved in the community here, help people out, make some friends, all that stuff, so contact me!

Good night, Mibba, and I will see you soon.

--Hannah :D
ashestographite@gmail.com
August 24th, 2013 at 04:28am