Insomnia, Anxiety, and other Neurotic Ramblings

Hey there...oh who am I kidding nobodies here. It's 2 in the fucking morning and as we all know from HIMYM nothing good happens after 2 AM. So yeah, I don't sleep much if you haven't guessed from the title of this blog post and Netflix just ran out of interesting stuff to watch, so here I am divulging my inner monologue to the world. In my future self's defense, I thought it was a good idea. Get all the whirring thoughts out of your head and maybe you'll be able to get some sleep! Maybe someone will empathize with you and you can have one of those internet friendships you always hear about and want so desperately but don't have! It's 2 in the morning and I'm so bored yet I can't get to sleep. I'm going to the 50th anniversary march on washington tomorrow. you know whats stressing me out the most? not getting mugged or losing my sister in dc, no its driving to the fucking metro station. I can't seem to push the thought of getting crushed by a semi on highway out of my head. Fuck in my car I could get crushed by a minivan being driven by a soccer mom who's been pushed to her limits for the day. Saw the bits and pieces of Green Day live at Reading that I could get. Watching the masses of people singing back Boulevard of Broken Dreams to the guys reminded me why I'm throwing away my college education on learning audio recording and music industry. This shit changes lives. I mean the amount of pride I have in those men is astounding. In reality anyone of them could easily be my father age wise. But still! The fact that they have reached out and touched so many people is truly amazing even I can't fathom it. And let me tell you I am their #1 fan/cheerleader/fangirl whatever. At my low point today where I was sitting on the couch in my sweats eating brownie batter and watching sex and the city marathons I realized just how much I need to leave and get the shit scared outta me by reality. Thats right I NEED COLLEGE. Alas Im one year early in this need to flee. So to tame the stupor of boredom in my mind I went to my lowest low and indulged in the pastime of omegling. Im not proud of it by any means but hey when youre as bored as i was, anything will suffice. I actually got talking to a very nice boy who was just as obsessed with Green Day as I am. It was nice, thats all I'll say. Well the thoughts have stopped whirring even though the tiredness hasn't set in. I guess I'll wrap this up. Some prophetic statement based on song lyrics or favorite artist quotes.
Mia
August 24th, 2013 at 08:19am