just another survey

Another Saturday night alone, another survey stumbled across. I have nothing else to do since I can't sleep which shouldn't be a surprise by now and I'm feeling a bit deep and such, so I did yet another survey~

SURVEY TIME


1. What is more difficult for you, looking into someones eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someones eyes when they are telling you how they feel?
Looking into someone's eyes when I'm telling them how I feel. I'm extremely reserved with my emotions, and I don't even like talking to other people about them, so if I were to tell someone directly how I feel about them, it would be a very difficult thing for me to do.

2. Think of the last time you were REALLY angry. WHY were you angry? Do you still feel the same way?
I was really angry because the person that was supposed to be my best friend didn't respect my emotions - they were completely disregarded, despite how many times I had put my feelings aside in order for her to be happy in various situations. I need better friends, WHATEVER.

3. You are on a flight from Honolulu to Chicago non-stop. There is a fire in the back of the plane. You have enough time to make ONE phone call. Who do you call? What do you tell them?
I would call my dad, and tell him that I love him more than I love anyone else, because that's the truth and having favorites is not something family members usually talk about. I would tell him that I love him, and thank him for building and maintaining a relationship with me because nobody else in my family has really ever bothered to learn anything about me.

4. You are at the doctor’s office and he has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? What do you do with your remaining days? Would you be afraid?
I wouldn't tell anyone because I don't have too many people that are super close with me - but I wouldn't tell my best friend, and I don't know if I would tell my parents or not because I don't know if I'd be able to break that kind of news to anybody. With my remaining days, I would definitely be afraid, and sad, and anxious, because I think knowing when you're going to die would be horrible because it'd be easy to spend the entire time counting down the days. Hopefully, I would travel to various places that I've always wanted to go to.

5. You can have one of the following two things. Which do you choose? Why? Love and Trust.
Even though you can't have a relationship without trust, I would want to have love. I'm not sure why, exactly. I think I'd just want to experience something that makes me feel, rather than one that just makes me comfortable.

6. You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late even once more, you are fired. Do you take the time to save the dogs life? Why or Why not?
I'd save the dog. If my boss fired me for saving a life, regardless of the fact that it was an animal and not a person, that'd be okay because I wouldn't want to work for someone like that anyway.

7. Would you rather be hurt by the one you trust the most or the one you love the most?
I would rather be hurt by the person that I love the most, because it wouldn't make me afraid to trust anybody ever again. You can love people without trusting them.

8. Your best friend confesses that he/she has feelings for you more than just friendship. He/she is falling in love with you. What do you (or did you) do/say?
I wouldn't really know what to say, because we've already been through the I like you and you like me phase, but they happened at different times. Since I've already had feelings for him and gotten over him, and he knows that, I think it would probably be easy to let him down gently because it's something he should already understand.

9. Think of the last person who you know that died. You have the chance to give them 1 hour of life back, but you have to give up one year of yours. Do you do it? Why or Why not?
In the way that she died, I don't think I would have given her an hour of her life back because she had been suffering and I wouldn't want her to have to go through that again. However, if there was no suffering, than I would give up one year of my life for them to have one hour if it was something that they really wanted.

10. Are you the kind of friend that you would want to have as a friend?
I am. Of course, I have things about me that I would hate to have as a friend, but I'm only human and as a whole, I think I'm a pretty good friend/person.

11. Does love = sex?
No, and whoever thinks that should reevaluate as to why they think so.

12.Your boss tells your coworker that they have to let them go because of work shortage, and they are the newest employee. You have been there much longer. Your coworker has a family to support and no other means of income. Do you go to your boss and offer to leave the company? Why or Why not?
I don't think I would give up my job, to be honest, in a situation like that. That's a really bold move, and I'm not that bold with my actions.

13.When was the last time you told someone HONESTLY how you felt regardless of how difficult it was for you to say? Who was it? What did you have to tell the person?
A couple months ago, I told a boy how I felt about him. I think it was only difficult for me to say because I knew that he had feelings for my best friend, and that he didn't feel the same way, but I still felt like I had to tell him because it's only fair for him to know, and I felt as if I needed to get a huge weight off of my chest.

14. What would be (or what was) harder for you to tell a member of the opposite sex, you love them or that you do not love them back?
It would definitely be a lot harder for me to tell someone that I don't love them back. I'm very emotional and I don't like to upset people, seeing as I'm a huge people pleaser, and I have told someone that I loved them when I didn't (I feel bad about that, but we were younger and later on he told me that he realized he didn't love me, so I stopped feeling as bad). But yeah, I don't know. Upsetting people kills me.

15. What do you think would be the hardest thing for you to give up? Why would it be hard to lose?
I'll pick two things. The hardest thing for me to give up would be my dreams, in order to please the people around me. I've always wanted to sing, ever since I was about five or six, and nobody really had faith in me, which caused me to have faith in myself, to build up my confidence. And to give up my dream would be the same as getting rid of my faith and my confidence, in my opinion. The hardest person for me to give up would be my dad. I would be an absolute wreck if he were to die before his time, because he means so much to me.

16. Excluding romantic love, when was the last time you told someone you loved them. Who were they to you?
My mom, about an hour ago.

17. If there was one moment and one time in the last month what would you change and why?
Nothing has really happened in the last month for me to change. I've cut people out of my life, and even though one of them was my "best friend," I wouldn't change it. Even the closest people to you can be the most toxic.

18. Imagine it is a dark night, you are alone, it is raining outside, you hear someone walking around outside your window. WHO do you wish was there with you?
My best friend.

19. Would you give a homeless person CPR if they were dying? Why or Why not?
I don't think I would, as much as I would want to, for the sheer fact that I would freeze up. Being around death is incredibly unsettling for me. I watched my grandmother die, and all I did was stare at her while everybody else cried. It's so surreal to me that it makes me just stop everything and watch them.

21.You are holding onto your grandmother’s hand and the hand of a newborn that you do not know as they hang over the edge of a cliff. You have to let one go to save the other. Who do you let fall to their death? What was your rationale for making the decision?
I would save the newborn because he or she has so much to live for. As much as I loved my grandmother, she had lived a long life. She was old, but she was happy and she accepted the fact that she was going to die, and in that situation, I know she would have told me to save the newborn because she had already lived, and the newborn had so much to live for.

22. Are you old fashioned?
I like certain old-fashioned things, but I wouldn't necessarily call myself old fashioned.

23. When was the last time you were nice to someone and did NOT expect anything in return for it?
I'm not sure, I'm a nice person in general to be honest. I like to help people to the point where I'm almost thriving off of it.

24.Which would you choose, true love with a guarantee of a broken heart, or never loved at all? Why?
True love, because from what I've heard about and read about, love makes you feel crazy things and I'm the type of person that loves to feel, needs to feel, no matter how painful the feeling may actually be.

25.If you could do anything or wish anything, what would it be?
I don't know if it's selfish to wish for something for myself, but if I could wish for anything, I would wish to have a successful career as a singer or as a musician of some sort because I want to show everybody that doubted me that I can do everything they said I could never do.
August 25th, 2013 at 05:51am