College: Day 3

This past Friday, August 23, I finally moved into my dorm with a friend of mine from high school, and it's definitely a brand new experience for me.

I knew I'd be homesick, but not to this extent. I'm a really stubborn person, and the fact that I called my mom that Friday night was surprising. I'm so used to my mom physically telling me to sleep well, not just hear it. I miss my dad, my little brother, I miss summer time and I miss my home. A lot of my friends seem to have already adjusted to their surroundings and the college life, and already I'm wishing I was back home with my cat and in my own bed.

I know this will pass and I'll adjust like my friends did, but even just going to a party with my roommate and other friends felt foreign to me, although I would go to parties during the summer back home.

Idk.

Has anyone else felt homesick and have advice? I don't want to be that person who always goes back home, but honestly that sounds absolutely lovely. I'm hoping I can make it till September, when I go back home for the weekend because of my birthday.

Sorry for such a long, complaining filled, first world problem blog entry. I know how blessed and lucky to have the chance to even be in college, let alone the university I'm now a part of, but I'm still allowed to whine a little, right?
August 25th, 2013 at 09:48pm