Can we please talk about Taylor Swift-hate?

And how she doesn't deserve any of it.

I respect that some people may not like her, or her music, but I do not agree with all the hate that she is getting. Not just tonight, but almost every day in general. I, as an avid Taylor fan, guess I'm a bit one sided, but I also feel as if my opinions are valid.

I feel as if Taylor gets hate for the following reasons;

1. "Her music sounds exactly the same."
2. Haylor.
3. All she does is whine about her exes and shames them.

Now, while I don't agree with any of that, I do see some points to each bullet point. For instance; her songs do have a sort of feel to them that you can easily identify as being a Taylor Swift song. While some people don't like it, I believe that this style if very folksy yet fun and deep, and I enjoy it very much.

As for Haylor, that's where I tend to disagree with people most. I do not see any basis for anyone to hate Taylor because of this, and yet I hear it all the time when I ask others why they don't like Taylor Swift. I usually get; "Because she dated Harry Styles." Now; you can't help you like. They are both very well-to-do artists. They're bound to interact and eventually take a shine to each other. I realize that it didn't last long, which most people were glad about. I was actually happy about their fling. I seriously don't know why people detest her for this relationship; some one please genuinely explain?

Finally, the "all she does is talk bad about her exes, she's such a horrible bitch." You stop right there. I hear this argument as well. I don't know about most people, but in my experience, I've had terrible relationships. Still, when I see those exes, I'll turn to my friends and talk bad or make snide comments in my head. I can't be the only one. The only difference with Taylor is that she turned hers into songs and have publicly displayed them. I think everyone has exes they can't stand (maybe not everyone) and I don't see why she should be ridiculed for something most people do anyway.

And now for the last thing; the thing at the VMAs tonight when Taylor mouthed 'shut the fuck up' when Harry and some other boys were talking. I've already seen a bunch of posts on tumblr, facebook, and twitter about this. It is ridiculous. I get that it was totally disrespectful but I still don't agree that it is grounds for hating on her. Going back to the exes thing; every time I hear them say something, it's just super annoying and I roll my eyes and say something along the same lines. At least all she did was say it under her breath/mouth the words. I feel as if normal people do this as well. Idk maybe I'm the only one.

I don't know, I just love Taylor Swift a lot and I don't like when she gets hated on. However, if you don't like her for whatever reason, I totally respect that. I was just hoping my opinions on popular opinions of hating her might make you rethink a little? I don't know. I'm dumb.
August 26th, 2013 at 05:50am