The Moment.

It hit me today that it was over.

Over a year after everything happened, and I guess a part of me had still thought that there was a chance. That even after everything, we'd still be the same people. The same guy that would smile secretively at me and make me come visit him at his job. The same girl that would talk to him about Weezer and politics and how annoying people can be.

I'd thought for awhile that I was in love with you. But then I realized that I was in love with the idea of you. I was in love with who I thought you were, but that wasn't the case.

I realized today that you'd never even broken my heart. You bruised my ego and hurt my pride more than anything else.

You're moving in with her after having been together for a year. We haven't talked in person since that day. We might exchange the occasional comment on Facebook, but I haven't heard your voice in so long.

And I want it to stay that way.

I hope you're happy, but I don't want all the hard work that I've put in to making myself a better all come crumbling down at the sight of those blue eyes of yours.

So I hope you're happy moving in with her. I hope you get married and have a family and become a cardiologist.

Because our stories are different now. We were a couple pages in each other's lives, and I'm thankful for that, I really am.

But I closed that chapter, and I won't be reopening it.
August 27th, 2013 at 04:54am