My Interview With ''dru vs. slut shaming'' and ''WakeUpTheSleepers''

Hello everyone. ::mrgreen:

This day's interview is with the amazing author dru vs. slut shaming which I got to know by reading her interesting blog entries.

The last blog entries I have reccomended from her are Why slut shaming should be banned on Mibba., Reasons I'm a Slut. (Warning for Sexual Content), Slut-shaming kills. and Feminism on Mibba. Check them out if you are interested in these topics.

As for her stories, she honestly has a bunch and they are all so great. ::cute: The ones that can't leave my mind are Milk and it's sequel as well as the prequel. There's also a review on the Mibba Magazine about this piece which can be found here. Those of you who like BDSM slash stories should totally check these. ::inlove: I won't go in detail because if I do, I won't be able to stop.

So here we go! ::cute:

01. Would you tell us your full name?

Druscilla Ryan.

02. How long have you been on mibba?

Since December 24, 2006. Coming up on seven years.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

I have ocassionally cross-posted to LiveJournal and advertised my stories on Tumblr before, but as I'm not active currently, I haven't been too worried about cross-posting.

04. Since when have you been writing?

I've been writing since I was seven. I'm twenty-six now, so the math is nineteen years but I haven't written much in the past two.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

Lately I've been posting little drabbles of non-fiction or original fiction, but I'm most proud of my Fueled By Ramen stories. Most of them are Ryden (Ryan Ross and Brendon Urie slash, Panic! at the Disco) and oneshots, but I do have some other pairings and a few chaptered stories. I feel from 2009-2011, my writing was at it's best.

That was when I started focusing on character writing and less on story writing. I could pretty much just take two characters and have them do anything and it would be a story. Because everything is a story. I write less 'getting together' and more established romance stories because that's more interesting to me. I like to see how a couple stays, or doesn't stay, together.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

I have over 200 stories posted to Mibba alone. I was inspired by different things for each one. A lot of stories were inspired by listening to music. Songs paint pictures and stories in my head. I'm a canonical writer, primarly, which means I like my stories to fit the facts of reality and be as plausible as possible. Because of this, I will get inspired by pictures posted to Twitter by the people I write about, or even Tweets themselves. I've also entered several picture/Postsecret contests where I was inspired by images. My Pete/Ryan M-Preg was inspired by the quote, ""You know most normal people get to know each other before they get married." (Enchanted)

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

I always love Billie Jo, from the story of the same name. She's such a beautiful, vulnerable girl who just wants to love and be loved. I think her timidness may have come from my own at writing a trans* character for the first time and wanting to do it with respect and make the character real.

I also love my entire cast in Trying to Be, which is a discountinued FBR lovefest/crackfest. I got so excited rereading it the other day, I may take another stab it it though. It was just a pure indulgence to myself, this story, with genderbender characters and outrageously flamboyant high school boys and so much sex and drinking. It was just supposed to be a real feel-good fic and the characters always make me feel good.

In general, Ryan is my favorite character because I always relate him to myself and use him to deal with whatever I am dealing with.

08. Do you do research before writing?

When I need to, absolutely. Research is one of a writer's greatest tools and it can make or break a story. I've done research on mental disorders, places, pregnancy, etc. I've also looked up primers for bands, including what tours occur when and when they were dating certain girls, when major milestones in career or personal life happened. With Fueled by Ramen, they tie into so many other bands that it's really necessary to understand the links if you want to write canonical fanfiction set back in 2004.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

I rarely read on Mibba anymore, but Isa has always been one of my favorite writers on Mibba. Her pieces about angels and the way she writes just make the words breathe. I have a co-write with her. Lee is an incredibly talented writer as well. She writes Wonderland stuff and original fiction and stuff in Spanish, too. Also, the writers who have gotten their stuff published are a major inspiration to me. I know there's several so I won't say any names so I don't forget anyone.

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

I like experimenting, to an extent. I prefer to push myself. I have written a lot of things that shock me, like a graphic heterosexual sex scene and another particularly graphic scene I won't get into here. I like to push myself, but I don't like to write things I'm not inspired by. A lot of my stories follow the same general formula as far as genre and oneshot go, but I do experience with tenses and narrative voices a lot.

11. How often do you update?

I rarely write chaptered stories.

12. Any words for your readers?

If any of you still exist, that's wonderful. Hopefully one day I won't have writer's block anymore.

13. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

Francesca Lia Block is my favorite author and has always inspired me. I was told one of my stories, "She", reminded a reader of her and I was over the moon. It was one of the best compliments I ever received.
__________________________________________________________________

Moving to the next interview in line, we have the honor of interviewing WakeUpTheSleepers. I found out about her when I started reading Rock Back and Forth. It Thrills Me, It Kills Me.. Till chapter 10 she had been the co-writing this with another user. Sadly, the story is now continuing without her and her place got another author. My favourite stories of hers at the moment are Creatures which is a vampire/demon story and Sinematic which is a vampire story. Both of them are fanfics featuring Motionless In White (MIW). If you like that band, go and take a look at the amazing fanfics. ::grin:

So here we go! ::cute:

01. Would you tell us your full name?

Kasey RyAnn Connor.

02. How long have you been on mibba?

About two years, with different usernames.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

I post some on Wattpad but more so on here.

04. Since when have you been writing?

I've been writing since I was 11.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

Well I have a couple solos and mostly co-writes.

Sinematic: It was my first solo story on here. It's a Motionless In White vampire story. The members of Motionless In White are vampires and kidnap Christopher Cerulli's neighbor Kerstin. Kerstin is Chris' mate but through a series of unfortunate events, things turn badly and doesn't end the way Chris intended. The story is completed but if anyone is interested in reading it, which I advise before reading the sequel, it can be found on my list of stories.

I Won't Pretend, I Wish You Were Dead: This is the sequel to Sinematic. It takes places months after the ending of the first one and revolves around Kerstin and Devin Sola's relationships. They're engaged and Kerstin is carrying his child. She begins to have vivid nightmares about Chris that seem real, but she doesn't want to believe it. The story is currently on hiatus but I try to update it whenever I get inspiration for it.

Creatures: One of the first co-writes I did on here with AshleyJinxxBiersack. It's also a supernatural Motionless In White story. Best friends Alex and Dani are kidnapped by MIW. Three of the members are vampires, the other three are demons. The story tells about how they manage to cope with their mates/counterparts and eventually learn that each of them will be taking over rule of the Vampire World and the Demon World. It is also completed and can be found in my story list or in Lauren's.

Burned At Both Ends: The sequel to Creatures. It continues with Alex and Dani's life. Both of them becoming mothers and learning how to rule each of their worlds, while dealing with other things from the past. It's also completed and can be found on mine and Lauren's stories lists.

Congregation of the Damned: This is the first co-write I have done with JaxGreen. It's about two girls, Audrey and Delilah who are kidnapped and forced into a world of demons. The demons are none other then Motionless In White. The girls have to learn how to get along with their captors and learn to love two of them. The story is still on going at the moment.

Vampires Will Never Hurt You: Another co-write with Jax Green, about, well Motionless In White as vampires. It revolves around two girls, Vivian and Jasper, who are kidnapped by the vampires. Vivian is stuck with the evil side, Chris, Ryan and Ricky...while Jasper is stuck with the good side, Devin, Balz and Angelo. They are each supposed to be mates for one of the vampires they are sectioned off with. But due to some events happening, each girl falls for a vampire from the other side. The story is also still going on at the moment.

Black Damask: This is a new co-write with steph goes rawr. It's about two sisters, Ryleigh and Gabby, whose parents were murdered by a group of vampires when they were young. Seventeen years later, the sisters are reunited when they're captured by the same group of vampires who killed their parents. They have a resentment towards the men because of what they did, the sisters also don't get along.

Synthetic Love: This is also a new co-write with lostinthecityofsin. It's based off of the Angel Eyes video by New Years Day featuring Chris Motionless. The story revolves around the members of Motionless In White being in an elite vampire coven, where they trade human slaves with other covens, at Masquerade parties. During one of the parties, Chris is attracted to a human girl named Sierra, who has no idea what the real meaning of the parties are. She's captured by MIW and is made to be Chris' slave. There is also a lot of smut, like in 50 Shades of Grey.

I do have some more stories but I figured I'd just give the best ones, even though three of them are completed and the other three are not.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

Well, I really like the band Motionless In White and I also like vampires and demons, and I feel like the band members themselves just have the "look" to be supernatural beings.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

I personally love all my characters from each story, for different reason. I usually base my female characters off of me in some way or another, usually by the personality and how they act towards other characters.

08. Do you do research before writing?

Sometimes. I'll do a little research if I need to know something, but usually I don't. Usually I just make up a majority of the stuff that goes on as far vampire turnings and things of that nature goes.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

I think one of the first authors stories I read on here that got me into writing band fics was Deadly night shade. She has three stories based on MIW where Chris Motionless in a demon. It was the first story I read that involved band members as anything but humans. It's really great and I recommend it to everyone. Also this co-write that JaxGreen and AshleyJinxxBiersack had. Some people were talking about it on Twitter and linked me to it and I just fell in love with it after reading the first chapter.

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

I don't think I've ever really thought about writing about things I'm not familiar with. It would be a fun idea, if I could ever come up with something original though.

11. How often do you update?

I try to update as often as possible. Lately I've been on a roll with Black Damask, putting my other stories on hiatus. My solos don't get updated as often because I usually lose inspiration for them after a while. My co-writes get updated whenever I get a chance too, after the co-author has. Right now, I'm currently waiting for my son to be born. Once he is, updates might drop off drastically but I'll still try to find time to update at least one or two stories whenever I can.

12. Any words for your readers?

Not really. I would appreciate more feedback on my stories, especially when I spend 2-4 hours a day for however many days it takes me, to get a solid update in. I've mentioned this before about how comments make me, and other people, want to update faster. So hopefully people will start listening to me after they read this.

13. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

Stephen King. Anne Rice. There's a few others but their names have slipped my mind. Basically any authors that write horror related stories or crimes/mysteries.

And that's the end of today's interviews.

~Marian.
August 28th, 2013 at 08:22pm