My Interview With ''psychotic secrets;'' and ''little bird;''

Hello everyone. ::mrgreen:

Today's first interview is with the amazing author psychotic secrets; which I got to know when she gave the freebies on comments for stories and did reviews. She's part of the Magazine Staff.

She has posted an article about the hidden truth behind the word ''emo'' and it can be found by clicking here. It's an interesting article that you could read.

Also, if you want to know what she enjoys in stories, go and take a look at her blog entry called, Things I ENJOY in stories.

As for her stories, the one that captured my interest is called Insanity At It's Best: Murder Me Softly. It's a short story which you should check out if you are into horror and thriller. Plus it's finished. ::cute: There's another one which caught my attention but this one is not finished. It's called, Enchantment and it's about a fantasy world where the Mer-Folk and Mortals collide. I have subscribed to this one. ::cute: Both stories are original fiction but she writes fanfics as well.

So here we go! ::cute:

01. Would you tell us your full name?

Well, my name is Megan Elisabeth. My last name is very uncommon so I rather not share that. I go by Meg or Mae with many people I know.

02. How long have you been on mibba?

Four years now. Though that doesn't sound right so it may be longer.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

Right now, no. I used to post my stuff on MySpace (shows how old I am) from my fan-page. I've made accounts for other sites but Mibba is the best for me.

04. Since when have you been writing?

Since I learned how to read. I was very slow as a child and I couldn't read until I was almost seven. Since then, I've been obsessed with writing and reading. When I was younger I was placed in the gifted classes for the stories I wrote. It's always been a sort of my life. Though I remember when I was eight or nine I wrote this story for school about a bird that was abandoned because it couldn't fly yet. My school adored it and I think as the start of my writing career.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

Wow, I have so many so I'll just summarize the chapter stories I'm doing now.

Fiercely Impulsive: It's a fan-fiction for Supernatual. It's sorta a AU story because I cut out the end of the world and the Leviathans and the trials and whatnot. It's about Dean mostly and a OC character by the name of Zooey, right in the war between hunters and Vampires. I can't give too much away but something happens to Zooey that can make the war be won by the Vampires. It's my first romance, though its not fluffy or anything. Vampires kick ass in this story. You don't need to know anything but Sam and Dean are hunters that go after monsters. The rest is pretty much AU and stuff.

The Act of Grasping: This is more of the start of a whole series of one-shots. This is the first one of the collection. Again, it's Supernatural fan-fiction. Though these are for the genderswap of Destiel. Meaning, Sam, Dean and Castiel are women now. Dean is Deanna, Castiel is Cassandra (though I know she could have kept his name, but when I think of Castiel, I see a guy, so I have her feminine name) and Sam is Samantha. It's just a series of story about Deanna and Cassandra that vary from fluffy to horror.

A Pool Boy's Secret: This one is my favorite for obvious reasons. It's a Destiel AU story where Dean owns a billion dollar company and Castiel is his new pool boy. It's smut with a story really. It's mostly about Dean and Castiel's sexual adventures with each other behind Dean's wife's back. Who by the way has her own sexual adventures with Sam. So yeah, drama, drama, drama. I love it because Castiel is dominate in this story. I'm also making it sort of a parody of porn because it makes fun of things and its just cliche and stuff. Really fun though. You don't even have to know who Dean and Castiel is because it's so AU.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

Fiercely Impulsive was inspired by a prompt I got from a contest. It gave me a idea and I just ran with it. The genderswap collection was inspired by my own love of Destiel. I love Destiel but I love Femmeslash just as much, so I wanted to pair each other. The Act if Grasping was written because hand-holding isn't as popular as it used to be, I wanted to show that in a story. Now, The Pool Boy's Secret was inspired by a Mibbian (I'm not sure she wants me to release her name or not) when we were talking one night. We have this thing were were just write random shit to each other, and well we both managed to create the plot to TPBS that night. I give credit to her because she started that conversation.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

Of all time is my character Eli (pronounced Ellie, I was thirteen bare in mind) Stone and her twins, Jade and Jasper Stone. Eli was married to Gerard (Way though Waters in the story) and they had children and bla bla bla. I always had a thing for Eli, she was strong willed with a bright mind who loved her family more than her own life. I made Eli get beat up all the time by werewolves and other vampires.

Right now it's a tie between TPBS's Castiel and Cassandra. Castiel is this Russian immigrant with a sexy accent who is horny all the time. While Cassandra is a baby in a pea coat. They bith play on my faorite things abour Castiel in general. Fiercely Impulsive's character Zooey is my favorite. She isn't too thin, her hair isn't perfect and she has dry skin. She only gets attention because of her beautiful blue eyes. Zooey stuggles in life and its amazing to write her story.

08. Do you do research before writing?

Yea, all the time. I research anything I can. Towns, distances, illnesses, anything. I try to make my stories as real as possible.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

To be quite honest it's alexander bernadottee's stories I always get wrapped up in. She has such a beautiful talent. I love many authors on Mibba. But the Mibbian that inspired me to write my own Supernatural stories was unapolomayunaflor. I adore her Supernatural stories so much.

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

All the time. I try my hand at Romance from time to time. Though I kinda stick to horror. I always a write about things I don't know. Horror is like that. It's hard, but it's worth it.

11. How often do you update?

Whenever I can edit actually. I have all my stories written up to like chapter sixteen. I just need to edit them to post them. I have so much on my plate I tend not to edit my stuff. Though sometimes I take a day our of my week and edit my updates.

12. Any words for your readers?

You like my smutty story huh ::~~: It's going to get better, lots of Destiel gonna be happening. I don't blame you for not commenting, I wouldn't comment either ::lmfao:

13. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

Oh hell yeah. Anne Rice is my main woman. She helped me with so much with my vampire-phase. My room is dedicated to that beautiful woman. I have every book of hers and I just GAH I love her so much. Anne Rice inspired me to start writing more. I did little stories here and there, but she kicked me into overdrive. Just saying, my whole bookshelf to vampire stories and info books were because of her.

Moving on to the next interview. We have in our company the lovely little bird;. I had heard about her being a great author, so I had bookmarked her. When I finally had the chance to actually sit down and read her writings, I was amazed. I'm in love with her original fic called My Sadist King as well as the first three stories she posted on mibbaland. If you like rated R stories which are beautifully detailed, I'd suggest to go and check out her writings. ::grin:

Let's get started, shall we?

01. Would you tell us your full name?

I go by Nicole Salvador, but one half of that name is fictional.

02. How long have you been on mibba?

I've been on Mibba for almost five years, since the end of 2008, I believe.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

No. I've taken a look at other writing sites and I don't really like them as much as I like Mibba. Then again, I always end up choosing only one site for certain purposes.

04. Since when have you been writing?

I'd say I've been writing since I was about ten years old, but I didn't take it seriously until I was thirteen.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

Most of my work on Mibba has been original fiction, but I also have a few fan fiction stories. My original work is usually horror or thriller, or sometimes romance with a darker feel to it. Same thing goes for my fan fiction. I do pay homage to the TV show or movie characters by keeping their traits, but I like to twist them into that character that they might become or might have been. I've always had a penchant for adding an element of gloominess to my stories.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

I have to really be inspired by a TV show/movie/etc to write a fan fiction, because I fear that I'll end up changing too much about the story or characters. Even though it's just fan fiction, I do take extended time to plan the plot just like I do with original fiction. My original fiction can honestly be inspired by anything. My story Slither is inspired by a guy I only saw a few times within a week. There was a certain enigmatic look to that guy--someone I don't even know--and suddenly, I was inspired to write a vampire story. My Sadist King and The Twins are ideas I've had lingering in the back of my mind for a while after watching a lot of horror movies and creating my own small ideas that spun into something greater. Father and Daughter is what I call my "lone ranger." It's much different than my other stories and was inspired by a vast array of things, ranging from my personal life to a scenario I was able to think of after seeing a film.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

I tend to have a liking for all of the characters I create, but I have a couple that I admire the most. The titular character (his name has not yet been revealed) in My Sadist King is one of my favorites because he is the ultimate, broken soul of all of my characters. He's one of those villains that's hurting on the inside, but not like anyone would think. Every villain comes from some sort of tragedy or trauma, and he comes from a story that's different. (Can't spoil it!). Another favorite of mine is Harley Chapman from The Twins. She's a fierce character, and a bit of an egomaniac, but she has her reasons behind why she's the way she is. She has flaws, of course--especially since she tries to play the hero and that could get her killed. Harley is one of the strongest characters I have.

08. Do you do research before writing?

Yes. I research a few things: if my story idea has already been done; real-life situations that could help me elaborate on a certain subject, such as murder or past events; and weapons, cars, or any material things that are significant in a story.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

An author on Mibba that I really admire is Fair. She's such a sweet girl and she's got a ton of potential for a writing career, even though she's a bit timid about her work. She doesn't realize how amazing her work is and I really hope she doesn't give up. She definitely inspires me and I cannot describe how much I love that girl.

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

I only do that with certain aspects within a primary genre. Like I said above, I like adding an element of gloominess to my stories, which means every genre. I have thought about trying out a science fiction story, but I'm not as interested in science fiction as I am with stories that relate to reality. But it's still an option.

11. What's the hardest story you've ever wrote?

I'd have to say an old, recently deleted story of mine called "Risk" was the hardest to write because it was based on events from my own life.

12. What does writing mean to you?

Writing means everything to me, to be honest. It's my own way of expressing myself through these fictional people I create and the world they live in. Each character of mine has a part of me in them.

13. About what was the first story you ever wrote? Could you tell us a little bit more about it?

Wow! I don't think I remember the first story I wrote, but I'd have to guess it was a Green Day fan fiction I wrote when I was ten years old or something, LOL. It was the typical groupie fan fiction and the girl steals Billie Joe's heart and all that cliche jazz.

14. What's the story you're most proud of?

I'm definitely most proud of "My Sadist King." It's a story that I haven't given up on, which is strange, because I usually run out of ideas after seven or eight chapters.

15. What is your biggest writing weakness?

I tend to reuse a lot of words; I never brainstorm properly; and the structure of my dialog is a little out of order.

16. Are you more of a writer or a reader?

I'm a little bit of both. I don't read much online, but I do read printed books a lot. As for writing, I'm constantly coming up with ideas and always jot them down.

17. Do you read all kinds of fiction?

I still have some genres to explore, but I do try to have a variety of interests.

18. Do you prefer original fiction or fan fiction?

I prefer original. The effect a completely different world creates always gets me.

19. Do you write stories with all kinds of ratings?

I lean more towards R ratings, but I have written occasional PG stories. (They're usually one-shot romances).

20. What's the genre you are most comfortable with?

I'm most comfortable with horror or romance. I mix the two a lot or find a medium between them.

21. Which genres and ratings do you prefer when you pick a story to read?

I prefer to read thriller, drama, or horror--something to keep me on the edge of my seat. Any rating is cool with me.

22. What's the hardest character you've ever wrote?

I prefer to read thriller, drama, or horror--something to keep me on the edge of my seat. Any rating is cool with me.

23. Is there a certain place you like to be when you write? Something you have to do in order to concentreate on writing?

I have yet to try writing in a coffee shop, but I love writing at home--usually in bed or at my desk with classical music playing.

24. In which of the characters you created, do you see yourself? (If there is a character like that)

I see myself in all of them. They all have some part of me. But to elaborate, I'd say that Mina from "Father and Daughter" is the most like me. She's the spitting image of my fifteen year old self.

25. When you have writer's block, what do you do to get back to writing?

I read over my work or read a novel. Reading shoots my creativity up and I usually have a million ideas and inspirations in my head.

26. If you were a character in a novel, how do you think you would be? Is there a character of a published novel which could be you?

If I were a character in a novel, I think I would be headstrong, but empathetic with others. I'd have my guard up all the time and be wary of what others might do. A character from a published novel that could be me? I'd have to say it's a tie between Katniss Everdeen of "The Hunger Games" series and Arya Stark of the "Game of Thrones" series.

27. Which is your favorite character from a published novel?

Daenerys Targaryen from the "Game of Thrones" series. She's amazing.

28. How often do you update?

I try to update once a week, but sometimes I update faster than that or sometimes way later. I often struggle with inspiration and it slows me down.

29. Any words for your readers?

I'd like to thank my readers for putting up with slow updates. I know half of you guys want to kill me when I take forever, but I'm trying for you guys, I promise. Oh and on another note, I love you guys.

30. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

Edgar Allan Poe is my favorite author of all time. He's the master of horror and if it weren't for him, I'd say that horror would be dead. (Pun intended). That leads us to the next master of horror in literature--Stephen King. That man is a genius and even though his writing is a bit extensive, it's captivating, to say the least. I also love the work by his son, Joe Hill. Dan Brown is also another author that I admire. He has that page-turning element to his writing. I sat down and read about fifteen chapters of Inferno in one sitting. I know some of his chapters run short, but once you read through that many chapters, you're in complete awe and wonder how time flew by so fast. I also like Stephenie Meyer... No, not really.

And that's the end of the interview.

~Marian.
August 29th, 2013 at 11:22pm