I Think I'm Having A Life Crisis?

I can't be sure, though.

I shall explain:

I spent this whole summer planning to study abroad in England this semester. Literally, it took months and months to get everything in a place where I could say with shaky certainty that there was about a 90% chance of me studying there. But then, just as everything was finally falling in to place, I had the rug pulled out from under me and the entire opportunity was gone. Just like that, after all my hard work and all the planning that had went in to it, it was gone.

For days, I didn't do anything. I had to live the place where I live now (for personal reasons that I'm not going to reveal) and spend four days at my dads'. I didn't eat for two days; just cried and continuously went over everything and maybe how I could've done things differently--how I could've managed to actually do this. But eventually I got myself together and I enrolled at my local community college where I'm taking classes at once again (I've been here for three years now).

Going to England was going to do more than look good on my future application forms for other colleges. It was going to get me out on my own, help make me feel like I was actually doing something with my life... Now that it's gone (for now, anyway. I'm trying to see about studying there in the Spring), I'm sort of lost and furiously grappling for something else that can give me that same feeling.

But at the same time, I'm wondering if maybe I should just take off from college (I've been in school my entire life; I've never, ever taken a break) and just do whatever for a little bit. I also question the direction I've chosen in terms of a career. I ask myself if I was smart for picking the major I'm listed under currently and really trying to determine if it's what I want to do (I know it is, but I have doubts sometimes...). Then all that leads in to me asking myself why I don't go out more, why I haven't accomplished some of the things that other people my age have, why I haven't dated anyone in a while...

It's like losing that opportunity knocked me for one. I don't really have a plan (and I'm the type of person who always has to have a plan), I don't know where I'm going after this, and I'm worried that I'll never amount to anything. It all scares me.

I don't know... Any advice would be nice because, although I feel alright and sure sometimes, other days I'm lost and too negative for my liking.

:/
August 29th, 2013 at 11:41pm