i have the attention span of a goldfish

Did you know the attention span of a goldfish only lasts for three seconds? Okay, so attention span isn't the correct term for what I'm going to talk about, but it's shorter and more creative than saying "I'm super interested and can't make up my mind and majorly stress out when it comes to making decisions and also change my life goals every two hours."

I've come to the realization that I am interested in too many things and that I want to do so many different things with my life. I took a year off before going to college because my interests for majors were all over the place — they went from journalism to political science to interior design to, finally, just about everything in between. So, I think that's one of my main problems here. Too many interests, impossible to forgo them all without becoming bored or in extreme debt.

Going along with being too interested, I pick up interests in seconds. Ever since I discovered that I had a voice a singing voice obviously, I told myself that I would work towards becoming a singer because deep down, I know that's something I've always wanted. And even though it would probably take a very long time and would be very strenuous and would involve a lot of rejection, it would all be worth it. Now, at the same time, everyone from my high school is posting about going off to college, and there are new youtube videos about people's dorm rooms and college advice. The second I watched one of those videos, I felt like I made a mistake by taking a year off, and a sudden urge to drop everything and practice my photography and my drawing and my interview skills took over.

Having two major goals like that is really overwhelming me, and I've also been dreadful with making decisions — especially because I want to do both of them, and the one I want to do more is always changing. And I know going to college and pursuing a photography related major is obviously the most realistic option, but to be honest, the fact that one is a huge stretch and the other isn't at all doesn't help me figure out which one I want to do.

I have such big dreams and such average dreams at the same time. I just stress myself out guys, that's the main point of the post. This is me right now:

Image

That's it, really. Have any of you reading this started college/university yet? If so, what are you majoring in? I want to know, I am such a curious person.
August 30th, 2013 at 01:42am