Do i always mess up a good thing?

Does anyone else ever feel alone? I'm one of those people that's terrible in relationships. Or atleast i think. I constantly see everyone else in relationships and feel alone, yet when i get someone myself, i convince myself were not right for each other. My longest relationship i have ever had has been with myself. But you know what? Sometimes you have to focus on making yourself happy and figuring out who you are as a person before you can love someone else.
I have one friend who i've known for half my life. We met when i was ten and have know each other for going on nine years. Coincidentally enough, his older brother married my older sister so he has been a constant in my life for forever. Want to know the funny thing about this friend of mine? He was one of those really awkward people who didn't really bloom until he was older and i fell in love with him anyway. He's in the navy now and i miss him like crazy. I've had other relationship opportunities since he left but i haven't felt right in any of them, not the way that i feel with him. We just click. The day before he left for basic training was an amazing day. We hung out by ourselves and went on a great adventure, the day coming to a close as he finally kissed me. He's now living a couple states away on the navy base training to work on a submarine. People tell me i'm crazy to waste my life and wait for him to come home, but i don't care what they say. Nobody ever said that love was rational.
August 30th, 2013 at 02:48am