Babysitting (I Can't Stand Kids)

So much for that who 'Every two weeks blog' thing right? I never seem to stick to things that I say I'm going to. But I'm babysitting right now, and pretty fired up at these kids so I'm going to vent it out here with hopefully no swear words.

These kids that I babysit are my seconds cousins, technically speaking. I say technically speaking because they're actually adopted but they are from my cousin in law's family. Apparently while she was pregnant with them she took a did drugs or something so shes not allowed to see or have custody of them. My cousin, can't have kids. They decided to adopt them because they were family.

There is a girl named Phoebe, she's 8, and her brother Devon who is 13 (Which is crazy because I started to babysit them like 4 years ago almost when I had just turned 14. Seriously it was on the day of my birthday). These kids are obviously a little crazy all the time because, hey, they're kids right?

Now over the last year or so i've only really been coming over to make sure the house doesnt burn down and that they dont kill each other. They generally go outside and i stay in on my mac until dinner when they sit and watch a movie. Until recently, they got an xbox. Even more recently they got Minecraft which Phoebe loves.

I have been baby sitting them today (August 29th) since about 4:30 pm.

They argued a few times and I only had to send phoebe to her room once. Everything goes relatively smoothly with these kids. Until bed time.

When bed time comes around they like to screw around up stairs. This could be singing along to the radio, talking to each other, running around, getting out of bed, or even coming back downstair for a glass of water. I kid you not this happens EVERY TIME I BABYSIT. Every time I yell at them to go to bed, they stay quiet and still, then after five minutes they're back to their shenanigans.

I put them to bed about an hour and a half ago, and right now I can literally HEAR THEM TALKING! Clear as day! Not to mention they kept turning on Ocarina of Time early with the volume so high I'd have to be deaf not to hear it.

I decided about an hour ago that I wasn't even going to bother yelling at them anymore. If they wanted to goof around and this crap, they could get in trouble when my cousins get home yea?

Seriously, whenever i baby sit these kids they just make me realize how much I don't like children as a whole. Babysitting is literally birth control, like sitting next to a crying infant on a plane. It just takes a few minutes before you're like 'nope'.

On the bright side after today I won't owe my sister anymore money and I can start to save up money for the next time BTR has a summer tour (hopefully they have one next year). I really want to go with my friend, known on here as Domarrow95. She's got some pretty good stories that she hasn't updated in FOREVER!

I would like to thank her for being there for me during this rough time.

Anyway, have any of you guys ever babysat? Have the kids never listened to you? Like what do I even do in this situation?!
August 30th, 2013 at 04:37am