DON'T GET ME STARTED ON FROSTIRON

OKAY SO recently I've been running on a Frostiron high (for those of you unacquainted with the term, Frostiron is Tony Stark/Loki stuff and it is MAGICAL) and I found this story called Bend Around the Wind while I was trawling the internet for stuff to read and MY GOD.

MY. GOD.

Like, seriously. 89 chapters, planned to be finished at 100, and it's probably THE SINGLE BEST FANFICTION I HAVE EVER READ IN MY LIFE. Basically it's this really brilliantly plotted, brilliantly written, just brilliant all over fic where Tony and Loki end up captured by some mean guys in the middle of space outside the Nine Realms and they have to hijack a spaceship and get back to Earth and they're SPACE PIRATES and there's BACKSTORY and EVERYTHING I KNOW ABOUT MARVEL/NORSE MYTHOLOGY COMES FROM THIS STORY, LIKE, IT'S A WORKING LECTURE ON EVERYTHING ASGARD

I didn't even know what the Nine Realms WERE before Bend Around the Wind. I didn't know what the heck the Bifrost was even for, and why everyone on Asgard called Earth Midgard, and why stuff like the entire plot of Thor and The Avengers happened BUT NOW I DO AND IT IS GLORIOUS. And besides Tony and Loki there's this whole host of brilliant OCs that you just fall in love with because they're so distinct and well written and I really can't recommend this thing enough.

So here's a link to it on AO3. I'm pretty sure it's on ff.net as well if you prefer there. But seriously, if you like the Avengers and Frostiron and space pirates, go read it. It's well worth your time.

While I'm here I'm also gonna quickly plug Off the Record which is another Frostiron fic and the author has literally THE best grasp of Tony Stark I've ever seen anywhere. It's considerably shorter than Bend Around the Wind but it's still pretty hefty and it's really amusing and brilliant and yeah.

Frostiron. Yep. I'm done now. *flies away*
August 31st, 2013 at 12:12am