A Danganronpa-esque story, anyone?

So, though I've only watched the anime, I am in love with Danganronpa. For those of you who do not know, the basic plot is that 15 students are trapped in a school and an evil headmaster called Monobear reveals that the only way they can graduate is to skill someone and let no one find out. If no one can figure out the killer, they have a class trial where they present evidence and guess the convict. If their guess is correct, the murderer is executed. If they are wrong, the innocent students are executed and the guilty is allowed to graduate and leave the school. Rule of thumb if you decide to watch it; don't get attached to anyone.

(A moment of silence for my baby, Ishimaru.)

Anyway, I really wanted to write a story with a lot of death/executions just like Danganronpa. However, I didn't want to write fanfiction. The only other close thing was the Hunger Games, so I decide to pretty much intertwine the two and create Round One.

Round One is about a fictional nation who's inhabitants are people with special Talents (odd or mystic gifts they are born with). However, the government is trying to create super soldiers, and thus they introduce the Warrior's Tournament. Twenty of the nation's teens are randomly selected without any warning to participate. The tournament is a serious of vicious challenges designed to pit the children against each other, and the two that score the lowest at the end of each challenge are to fight until only one remains alive. In addition to this, the group must live together and are able to slay one another outside the challenges if they so chose; though this will penalize them in the challenges and they will be given a handicap.

Anyway, if you want to read about a bunch of kids dying, please check this out!
September 1st, 2013 at 11:56pm