Welcome to the world, my little angel. [I had a baby.]

I doubt anyone's been keeping up with my updates, but my boyfriend and I were expecting a baby, December 5th of this year.
At our anatomy scan at 20 weeks, I was told we were having a sweet little boy, which made me happier than anything, seeing we lost our daughter, Gabriella, last year.
Ever since I hit 20 weeks, I was going in to get a shot of Corticosteroids to help strengthen my baby's lungs, because when I was pregnant with Gabriella, I went into preterm labor with her at 21 weeks. She was a stillborn at 36 weeks.

Last night, I went into preterm labor. I knew the signs and freaked out. Boyfriend rushed me to the hospital and they told me that my little one was coming whether I liked it or not.
But what a surprise we got. We have a little girl.

Image

Olivia Elizabeth Earle was born on September 1st, at 3:08 am. She came into this world by a c-section and crying.
She was born at 26 weeks gestation. Weighing 1 lb, 5 ounces. And she is 14 inches long.
Image
Image
Image

She is on a ventilator, but the doctors have assured me that her lungs are healthy. She can breath on her own, but they're making sure.

Image
Olivia compared to my hand.

I am so thankful for the NICU nurses. I won't be discharged from the hospital until Wednesday, but I am so thankful I was able to touch my baby. Tomorrow, I will get to hold her for at least an hour.
I am pumping breastmilk, hoping it'll help her grow stronger. The doctors have told me she won't be coming home until November, possibly even December.

Welcome to the world Olivia. Mommy is so happy to see you. <3
September 2nd, 2013 at 04:04am