I was able to hold my daughter today. [pictures inside] + are there any other preemie moms on here?

if you read my last blog post here, you read that I had my daughter Olivia at 3 in the morning yesterday. She was born at 26 weeks gestation and weighed one pound, five ounces.

I was able to pump a little breastmilk for her. The nurses here are so sweet and caring. I'm really not looking forward to Wednesday when I will be discharged from the hospital and Olivia will stay here for however many months she needs to.

But, here are some pictures of my gorgeous baby girl:

Image
Image

She's beginning to open her eyes a little. She's breathing on her own, but the doctors want to make sure that nothing will go wrong if she's taken off the ventilator, so she's still on it, for right now at least.

Image
She loves to hold onto things. According the NICU nurses, she ripped a tube out of her mouth. No damage was caused but they say she's super spunky.

Image
This is my mother holding her.

Image
She is so small, but has so much fight in her. It's amazing to think that she is mine.

I do have photos of us together. But, I was doing the ugly cry and well, I just don't look good, so these pictures will have to suffice.

--

Are there any other moms on here who have preemie babies? Or just babies in general?
I would love to talk and well, just get advice on what to do. I didn't have that chance with Gabriella and I'm scared out of my wits with Olivia.
I just want to know that someone out there is dealing with or has dealt with what I am going through right now. My boyfriend is beyond supportive, but I know he has to go back to work tomorrow while I'm still in the hospital.

I would just love someone to talk to.
September 2nd, 2013 at 06:47pm