Lee's Top 5 Book Covers (What are your favorite book covers?)

So, last blog I talked about soft, hard, and online books; this one I would like to focus on cover art.

5.
Image

Snuff by Chuck Palahniuk. If you haven't read this book, well let me tell you you are missing a book that revolves around a gang bang. The whole plot takes place in a waiting room in which the main characters are interacting and their story-lines are being developed while, you know, on the next room THE MOST EPIC GANG BANG OF ALL CENTURIES IS TAKING PLACE. So, there's your incentive, go read. If the plot is not catchy enough, look at the cover art, look at those gorgeous colors and those full lips swallowing the title of the book. ARE YOU LOOKING?

4.
Image

Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk. It might not look like much... but then you put the book down on the bookshelf and turn the lights off and it's pitch dark, and then you turn around and
Image

IT FUCKING GLOWS IN THE DARK. I SCREAMED THE NIGHT I FOUND THAT OUT AND MY BRO CAME RUSHING TO MY ROOM ONLY TO SEE ME LOOKING AT THE BOOK, COMPLETELY TERRIFIED.

The book is also about a bunch of amateur writers who are used as guinea pigs for a social experiments. Image this, all of us on Mibba, locked in a house and not being able to leave the house until we create our masterpiece. IMAGE HOW MANY OF US WOULD BE LEFT STANDING ALIVE AFTER ONLY ONE DAY OF HORMONAL TEENAGERS AND ANGRY ADULTS BEING LOCKED IN A HOUSE TOGETHER.

3.
Image

House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski. So, you see a labyrinth, a compass, and images of what look like abandoned houses on the side of the book. For reading this book you will require a freaking compass, a flashlight, and to remove all the doors of your house as well as measure the space on a daily basis because THIS BOOK FUCKING TERRIFIED ME TO NO END EVEN WHEN IT WASN'T EVEN HORROR BUT OMG IT IS WONDERFUCKINGFULL.

I mean, take a look at the insides of the book:
Image

AND DON'T YOU FUCKING
Image

TELL ME THAT
Image

YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED.

2.
Image

This Book is Full of Spiders by David Wong. Seriously, look at that beautiful cover. It pops out and I love it and I fucking need it because I've only read one chapter when I was in Barnes and Noble but I don't fucking have 30 dollars to pay for this beauty; why must hardcovers cost so fucking much?!

1.
Image

The Fifty Year Sword by Mark Z. Danielweski. The orange jacket for the book is covered in little wholes to appear as if it has been sewed some time ago; the cover underneath shows a sewing pattern and it just looks beautiful and matches perfectly the contents of such a beautiful story.

The insides, like most of Danielewski's work, is equally stunning:

Image

Image

And if you were one of the lucky bastards or rich bastards who won/bought the deluxe edition:
Image

I HATE YOU
Image


So, which are your favorite book art covers?
September 5th, 2013 at 07:27am