An Odd Trend

So yesterday I read this interesting blog. I've forgotten the name since it was pretty late when I read it, but I remember the main and important message the author was trying to put out in the Mibba Universe, which was: You, as a writer, are amazing simply for the fact that you wrote something. It was a nice blog, and it made me smile because it reminded me of why I write.

However, here's what I've noticed over the last couple of blogs I've liked: They disappear within a day or so. Remember, I read this blog last night, and now that I wanted to check out what people said on the comments I can't find the blog. Isn't that strange?

Now, I'm sure that all you smart, brilliant members of Mibba reading this blog are thinking: "Hey you probably just can't find it among all the other blogs," right? I would be incline to agree with you had I not recommended it. We all know once you recommend something it shows on your profile, but the blog isn't there anymore.

I've seen this happen with several blogs. Some were on the Mibba chat room, some were on the new ban changes--point is they were different topics but they disappeared within twenty-four hours of being posted.

So, are the authors removing them? Is Mibba removing them? If Mibba is the cause for the disappearing blogs, does anyone know why? I'm wondering this now because if blogs like the nice one I read last night are being deleted by Mibba, what's to stop them from removing stories they deem "unfriendly" or "violates the rules"? I understand the whole bashing and trying to keep a friendly environment for the young authors to grow and the older ones to have constructive criticism without having their stories completely torn to shreds due to beliefs. But by deleting blogs which are a form of free speech, what's to stop them from deleting stories of controversies like Rape, Abortion, Child Abuse? Mind you, I'm not a fan of these types of stories, but shouldn't we as authors dip our toes in other genres we've never thought about before? Shouldn't we encourage people to look at the world through another's eyes?

It just feels like a dangerous road if Mibba is truly deleting these blogs.

What do you guys think?
September 6th, 2013 at 12:34am