Remembering Summer in the 90's

So I was feeling all " you know back in my day" after breaking out way back Green Day, Smash Mouth, Blink 182, AFI, Simple Plan, and Fallout Boy CDs and others. I played them in this old busted lagging generation Stereo that sounded like abused treble and a large smile came to my face. Summers going away, actually it already feels like it's gone but the memory of days when Summer was completely carefree traveling down the road in a small cramped car dangling my feet out hte window or letting my hand surf the wind out of boredom during the ride. To young to drive and thinking I was lucky because my mom was cool and liked listening to the bands that made my life.

Remembering the songs that lead to good times in the middle of bad times that don't seem as bad as they did then. Thinking I was hardcore because I Identified with Simple Plans lyrics and back then thought I was living them. Remember the days when going to the mall and setting a foot into hot topic didn't feel alien to me & my friends (what few I had).

Nothing and I mean nothing compares to the summers We had back then (at least not in my opinion) Back when it was safe to wear studs, black and white checkerboard accessories, and band Ts without being "Scene" Or being at risk for being a "Poser" all it was was was "rocker" and with all the forms of rock it basically meant you were anything and everything! Bullying wasn't as bad for (most) of us at most we made cliches but we kept our hands to ourselves and kept bad mouthing in out nice handful of friends with a vow of silence. what was said between the group that summer would never leave it.

Music festivals were like block parties and and music was happier, talked about friendships, and dealing with anger. even sometimes how to have a good time in the most simple ways (this giving us ideas on what to do for summer.

I smiled after thinking about this as I listened to my music. Then I thought that I would have killed for this summer to have felt like those back then. Its not that life got harder or that I'm getting older or even that life is changing and I know it will never be the same. Its that those moments those simple moments so brilliantly sung in those songs of those summers that seem so far away. I've noticed they do not come by as often an there rare this present summer. But I also realized I'm not going to let them pass again. After all it only takes a busted old stereo and a few dusty CDs. Between today and Tomorrow and what little time there is left or this beautiful season. I'm going to bring back that sweet sun kissed summer back one "punk rock" as we used to think it was Song at a time.

.....and that concludes my mindless half sleep back in the day ramble.

Any 90's kids out there? or late 80's kids? even early 2000's kids (from 2000-2008)?
Share with me lets hope on the way back machine for a minute or too? what songs made your summer back then or what bands/artists and are they still making your year now.
September 6th, 2013 at 10:22am