Dead people in cars | Why I'm debating on whether or not to move

For real, though. I live in a super small town, where nothing much happens. A couple of months ago my chemistry professor at University was murdered in her home; by a man who she met on an online dating site, who is also native to this town. He broke in, killed her, and set her body on fire before fleeing (they caught him, eventually).

As if I wasn't already freaked out by that, this shit happens:

A University rugby player came home from an away game to find A DEAD BODY IN HIS TRUCK. A GODDAMN RANDOM DEAD PERSON SITTING IN HIS VEHICLE. HIS VEHICLE WAS PARKED NEXT TO THE FOOTBALL STADIUM AT THE RUNNER'S TRACK. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS GOING ON HERE WHAT THE HELL. I'm freaking out right now.

I just got to the Webb building to finish some online homework I have (the Webb building is a tower on campus where people come bum internet to check Facebook, etc.), and I see this shit on the internet all over the press' Facebook page while I'm waiting for my test to load. I'm literally afraid to walk out to my car right now because I'm terrified that I'll be killed myself, or there'll be someone dead in the back seat of my car or something. This is bull-fucking-shit.

Right now they don't know if the person was murdered or if he died of natural causes. But seriously. Who breaks into a random person's vehicle because they know they're about to die. Let's get real, here.

And to make matters worse, the building I'm in is only a fourth of a mile from the track where the guy's body was found at like 0315 today. I'm shaking right now.

So I guess this pretty much explains why I want to transfer to another University and move away from this place. Gang activity has gone way up recently, and people are getting killed left and right. This campus isn't safe anymore, and neither is the surrounding area. It's not just stuff happening in the Uni campus, it's the whole town that's going into the shitter. Really.

I used to think that I would live here forever, and raise my own kids here eventually. But I'm seriously scared to go out at night because everyone's killing everyone and shit's going down that I definitely don't want to be a part of. I know violence is a big issue almost everywhere, but holy shit I didn't think that this town would go down with every other place here. It's always been an amazing place to live.

Whatever, I hope I don't die tonight on my way out to my car.
September 9th, 2013 at 04:53am