So, apparently I'm an adulterer, a liar, and I'm going to hell

Yesterday I got out of work half an hour earlier so I could walk all the way to the other side of campus to class. While I was walking out of the Student Union, a girl approached me and asked me if I had some time for some questions; I had plenty of time, so I told her so.

Honestly, I thought she was going to be like the reporters from the Minero magazine or the university's newspaper, but, well, this girl blew me away with how the questions started.

Her: What is your name?
Me: Aileen
Her: Aileen, imagine that you're driving back home on the highway and then you get into a car crash and die, where do you think you'll be going?
Me: I don't believe in heaven nor hell or anything remotely similar, so I think I'll simply die and that's that.
Her: Well, I know for a fact that heaven and hell exist, so, let's say you do believe, where would you go to?
Me: Heaven. -I smile at her and she looks at me a bit angry.
Her: So, have you ever lied?
Me: Yep.
Her: How do you call a person who lies?
Me: Oh, I'm a liar, good ol' fat liar.
Her: And have you ever stolen anything?
Me: No.
Her: Have you lusted after someone?
Me: Yep, my fiance among others.
Her: Well, according to God and the bible, you have committed adultery; when you're married, that's different because you are looking at the person with love, but before you are married, it is nothing but lust without love, even if he's your fiance. So, according to God's commandments, you are an adulterer.
(So, apparently once you are married, sexual desire magically turns into pure love, but not before marriage, you guys.
Me: Okay, cool.
Her: So, where do you think you're going if you have violanted God's laws?
Me: Well, if I'm following your religion, probably hell.
Her: Are you scared?
Me: No; I already told you I don't believe in that.
Her: How can you not? It's like if you are sudenly blinded when you're driving and the person next to you yells that there's a truck coming to you; you can't see the truck, but it is there. Are you not going to believe in it?
Me: I know what a truck looks like; I've seen a truck before, touched it, heard the engine; I also happen to know how panic hears like, so of course I would believe in it, because I have already seen it, touched it, even smelled it.
(that's the crappiest comparision or metaphore that I have heard in my fucking life, btw)
Her: But you are blinded! So that's the same with God! And if you don't repent and believe, then you will be going to hell and I don't want your soul going to hell. You have broken God's commandments, but Jesus will not let you go to hell 'cause he already paid for your sins, so you just have to repent and believe.

Then she began questioning my lack of faith; I told her I was agnostic since I was around 16 (meaning about 8 years now) and that I simply believed that once we die, we become nothing but energy trapped inside a dead body.

She then asked if she could pray for me and she did anyways.

I am just baffled because this girl claimed she read the bible daily; however, if I remember correctly (Catholic upbringing), only god can judge you and nobody else can, so, this girl just broke one of the rules?

Well, doesn't matter; I'll be going to hell and I'll throw an awesome party with my homeboy Satan. You're all invited.
September 13th, 2013 at 08:34pm