My Interview With ''A_Taste_Of_Heroine'' and ''kitsch''

Het, here I am again with new interviews for your hungry eyes to read. ::cute:

I know I was supposed to post one more interview yesterday but I totally forgot. You can kill me all later but I'll make it up to you today, promise. Today's first interview is with the mibbian, A_Taste_Of_Heroine which I found when she sent me a friend request. I checked her stories and you can to check out the completed orignal story she has posted called Images of Whispers. It's the first book of a series and I can't wait for her to post the next chapter on the sequel.

If you wanna look a bit deeper, just a bit... you can go check her one and only blog entry called You're beautiful inside and out. Let's hope she'll post more of her stuff and blogs here. ::cute:

So here we go! ::cute:

01. Would you tell us your full name?

Briana Charise Faison.

02. How long have you been on mibba?

I've been on mibba for about three to four months now.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

Yes, I started on quotev.com then I got really tired because there were so many restrictions on it.. I heard about mibba.com through a friend of mine on there.

04. Since when have you been writing?

I've been writing since the second grade, when I learned the word optimistic.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

They're all a mash up of my favorite authors, kind of twisted. A sort of sense from Edgar Allen Poe's the Raven, a bit of romance from Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, and a bit of suspense from the narrator from the Twilight Zone, Rod Sterling.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

The basic thought that I had a very twisted sense of creating things into what I want it to be, but in words. I wanted to share the way my thoughts float about with the people around me.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

James and Jax from Images of Whispers. They were positively adorable, and James is a moral knot on a couple of my perverted friends, Jax my more silent and kind of strange group that I hang out with sometimes.

08. Do you do research before writing?

Yes most definitely. I research so I know what kind of an edge each character should have and for what ever reason, who might die off first.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

I have yet to find one that has sparked a major interest with me on this site, but I'm sure I will in time. ::wink:

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

Yes. Just recently I'm writing a mystery, non-fantasy, horror, somewhere in my collection of stories. I set it aside a couple days ago, and lost it.. Grr...

11. How often do you update?

It depends if I get bored, I delete the story and rewrite a new one.. Other then that I update like every other day. Helps me fall asleep.

12. Any words for your readers?

As a matter of fact I do. Don't ever let anyone tell you that you aren't good enough to do anything that you are passionate about. Don't let people tie you down to their realities. You have an imagination, be the author you are suppose to be and explore what's deep within that imagination.

13. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

My inspirations are William Shakespeare, Edgar Allen Poe, and Gena Showalter. The Raven from Edgar Allen Poe is a master piece, Romeo and Juliet is breath taking, and Gena Showalter's Lords of the Underworld Series and down right hypnotic, and erotic....

^-^ Thanks for interviewing me. ^-^
____________________________________________________________________

And now, I'll interview kitsch who is also a blog moderator here. My favorite completed story by her has to be The Lush Escape which is an original teenage romance and you should comment on it if you read it cause it deserves as many comments as it can get.

She also has two stories which I adore but they aren't finished. They are absolutely amazing though so I'm going to rec them to you. The first one is Heartbreaker which is an original fic and Lust which is the most amazing slash story that has to do with fallen angels. I've never read anything like it before. ::hail: Go and read them and don't forget to leave her a comment, so we can encourage her to get back to those. ::cute:

I did a little digging on her blog entries as well. ::tehe: If you think you are interested in these subjects, go read them and drop her a comment. I'm going to list them below. ::cute:
How People Talk About Their Creations
First Brush with Danger
The Handwriting Challenge
Personality Test
A Crash Course of Mibba Blogs
WSPD: My story

And with that, we reached the questioning time. ::coffee:

01. Would you tell us your full name?

My name is Rianne. I have some Mibbians on Facebook who know that my last name is set as "Predoe" but that's an anagram so people I know IRL don't add me. Sneaky, I know.

02. How long have you been on mibba?

I've been a Mibbian for three years, nearly four (I don't recall my Mibbaversary, sadly).

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

I used to post on Quizilla but there's nothing on that account anymore; Mibba has all my "published" works.

04. Since when have you been writing?

I started writing at age nine. It was because I started reading at such a young age that I've always aspired to write, as well as publish a book someday. I've even gotten in trouble for writing stories instead of taking notes in my classes at school.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

I've posted stories on Mibba that are original fiction (my first one was The Lush Escape)
but after I went to an NSN & We the Kings concert for my fourteenth birthday. I'd say that my stories are full of angst and romance, as well as everyday experiences that sometimes we overlook as dull or insignificant.

Recently, I've posted Heartbreaker, which is an original fiction romance that is told in the POV of an adolescent male. For me, it's definitely a challenge to create a unique voice for each character but especially the opposite gender; I hope that reflects in my writing. I'm also a big believer in descriptive writing because I really like details.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

For my first story posted, I was inspired by the song lyrics from World War Me by From First to Last. The lyrics I thought of were "Hightail to our lush escape / And leave our filthy world away." I centered my story on these lyrics because it seemed fitting for a romance where you feel as if the other person helps you forget about how cruel the world can be. You just want to be around them and not worry.

The story series that is the most "popular" is my Never Shout Never / Christofer Drew Ingle fanfiction. I wrote Smirt, as well as its sequel, Eclat, I was able to see him perform up close and personal. He was goofy, very Peter Pan-like, and kept the show going even when it started raining halfway through the show.

On the other hand, Wildfires, also an original fiction story, is written in poetic free verse because I'd been inspired by Ellen Hopkins, who wrote Crank along with other novels in the same format.

Finally, for Heartbreaker, I was thinking of how badass motorcycles were and how it's still not expected (at least where I live) for a female to own them. There's the cliché of a guy with a motorcycle, but not so much a girl with a motorcycle. I just let it roll and was able to form a plot based around that simple concept.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

I adore all my characters, but I'd have to go with "Red" & "Blue" from a oneshot I wrote called Ubiquitous because it's not a chaptered fiction. It's a fluffy summer story about a barista boy and this quirky, enigmatic girl he sees everyday when she orders her drink. Without saying too much, I'll just leave it at this: it wasn't solely summer love. However, it surely was something special and I feel as if I captured some poignant moments between the characters.

08. Do you do research before writing?

Yes. Research is something I always do before writing, as well as during the writing process. It's pretty embarrassing to think of someone pointing out a detail that could've easily been fixed with a quick Google search.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

Charlie Sheen. (aka Michaela) is such an inspiring writer to me. She says she wings it, for the most part, but whatever she writes is gold. I'm convinced that she has the creative gods smiling down at her at all times.
I also really admire erratic because her All Time Low fanfiction is such amazing quality; to me, it also doesn't seem like just fanfiction. I truly believe her ATL stories can be read as original fiction. That's how much I love her stories.

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

I definitely like to experiment while writing. After all, much of what people write are typically "out of their comfort zone" because you can write about anything you want. Nothing is off limits, even the most taboo topics. I didn't think I'd ever write fantasy fiction, but I've tried it before (but those works won't see the light of day, nor will they be on Mibba).

11. What's the story you're most proud of?
I'm most proud of Smirt; it's the first fanfiction I've posted online and I'm surprised that I was able to finish writing it as well as a sequel. It's almost my most "popular" story and the comments on it are so lovely.

12. What is your biggest writing weakness?
My biggest writing weakness is over editing. I re-read what I'm writing and keep changing it until I feel satisfied, which isn't always the best idea. Another weakness is definitely sticking to a story---I get sidetracked and stuck so easily.

13. Are you more of a writer or a reader?
I'm definitely more of a reader; always have been. I aspire to be a writer but I can never write more than one story, while as a reader I am more proactive (I enjoy reading two or three books at once).

14. Do you read all kinds of fiction?
I don't read all types of fiction. I'm not really into fantasy or science fiction, for the most part; it's just not something I reach for when I want to read. I'm a picky reader.

15. Do you prefer original fiction or fan fiction?
I prefer original fiction. I used to be an avid fanfiction reader, but I've been reading it less as I've gotten older. There's just something special about an author creating their own characters in their own worlds that pulls me in.

16. What's the genre you are most comfortable with?
The genre I'm most comfortable in is young adult romance. I don't have the skill required to write anything macabre like a horror or thriller story; mainly because I'm such a wimp about anything scary. I'd like to venture into other genres though, probably more adult fiction.

17. Which genres and ratings do you prefer when you pick a story to read?
I don't really look at ratings when I pick a story, but most of the stories I read are usually PG13 or R rated on Mibba. As for genres, I like reading historical fiction and young adult fiction.

18. Do you write stories with all kinds of ratings?
Yes, I do. I've written stories for a younger and older audience; it's a skill that authors should practice to keep their writing well rounded.

19. How often do you update?

I don't have the best track record with updates. It sounds like a weak excuse, but I don't like to stifle my creativity. I write when I'm inspired, and that's usually when I'm in a really good mood or a really bad mood. If I'm feeling lazy, I'll draft / plot things out but there won't be much productivity. As of late, I'm on hiatus because of personal issues but it's nothing too serious. When I'm on track, I'll typically update a few times a month.

20. Any words for your readers?

I'm not even sure if I have any readers who would want to know anything. But. Well. Thanks for sticking it out as I figure out the plot direction of Heartbreaker. I hope you're enjoying reading it as much as I enjoy writing it. Cheers to you all.

21. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

My favourite authors are David Levithan, Lauren Oliver, Veronica Roth, James Dashner, Kieryn Nicolas, Michelle Hodkin, Scott Westerfeld, Libba Bray, Laini Taylor, Suzanne Collins, & Christopher Pike. Those authors have shaped my writing the most and have made an impact on me that I can see very clearly in my current writing style.

^-^ Thank you. ::arms: This was super interesting and really challenged me. ^-^

And with that our interviews have come to the end. ::cute:

~Marian.
September 14th, 2013 at 01:53pm