My Interview With ''the.show.of.life'' and ''ore wa homo janai.''

Hello everyone. ::mrgreen:

Our interviews start with the lovely mibbian, the.show.of.life which I found when I first read Wild Secrets Within which is an original rated R story and Syndrome and Flesh which is a Hannibal Lecter fanfic. None of her stories are completed yet and I have to say her writings are so amazing that I have subscribed to all of them. ::tehe:

So let's start with the questions, shall we? ::wink:

01. Would you tell us your full name?

I'll tell you my first name, it's Karina. But all my family just calls me Coco. My little brother named me that, just because he can't pronounce my name.

02. How long have you been on mibba?

I really don't remember, but I think it's been two years.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

I'm not, Mibba is the only site I post stories in at the moment.

04. Since when have you been writing?

I've been writing since I was in grade school. It's truly one of the things that made me keep some sanity throughout school. And it all started because of one teacher, Mrs. Romito. I owe her for showing me how to read and opening the doors into writing.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

Okay...where to begin....

A: I have a True Blood fan-fiction, Demons in the deep end. It's about a twenty years old named, Liliana Rojas. She moves to Bom Temps after her parents died, to a house she doesn't even know about and wants to sell. There she finds out that she lived in Bom Temps for some years when she was younger, but she just can't remember. Stranger things start to happen to her. Soon she finds out things she doesn't think she can handle. On top of that she's slowly falling for Eric Northman.

B: The next story is called, Syndrome and Flesh; it's a Hannibal Lecter fan-fiction. Karina, (yeah I used my own name. I just couldn't help it.) is a girl who was kidnapped by Dr. Lecter in her teen years for finding out his secret. He doesn't kill her, instead he makes her his project. He lets her go without realizing that she has fallen in love with him. After some years he returns. She's rather happy to see him, but the happiness doesn't last long. She starts get confused, feels like she's losing herself, and isn't sure what Hannibal really wants from her.

C: Wild Secrets Within, is a co-write with the lovely author, dancingskiingwriter. The story is an original fiction about werewolves, vampires, and a human girl with secrets. Julietta is the new girl in Jonathan F. R Smith Prep, a boarding school especially made for the creatures of the night. There she befriends a human boy, Riley and a werewolf, Madison. She's attracted to the mysterious Aidan, who doesn't want any kind of relationship with a human. His parents were hunted down by witches during a war.

D: In Love with Irrationality, is another co-write story, with the awesome writer TakeMeI'mAlive. This story is a True Blood fan-fiction. It begins with two cousins, Meredith and Katya moving to Bom Temps. They're running from a coven who wants to take them, because they're very powerful witches. There they face the problem of staying hidden. On top of the girls are having guy problems, making it a little harder to hide. Meredith doesn't want to fall in love or date after her heart break, but Jason Stackhouse wants to change that. Katya is is attracted to Eric Northman, and she hates it. He's a vampire, and Meredith hates vampires and Katya should too. After all they did kill her aunt and uncle.

E: The Bitter Moon is an Avengers fan-fiction. Luna's father has died and a strange man is fallowing her around. He calls himself Loki. She also suffers from short term memory loss. She can't remember what she did some nights. Tony Stark is an old friend of her family, and he tries to protect her when S.H.I.E.L.D try to kill her. They try to figure out what's truly wrong with Luna and why she has changed so much. A secret comes out that could end her life.

F: Fate is my luck, a Percy Jackson fan-fiction. Aurora wakes up in one of the Percy Jackson books. Her image has changed and she no longer a high school graduate, but a young preteen who is running from monsters. Percy and Aurora are headed to camp Half-blood to try and figure out, individually, all of their secrets.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

The co-writes are because I always wanted to co-write some stories. The rest of the stories where just a ideas I started to develop.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

I love writing Liliana just because she can really change her mind about things and her mood is ever changing. Aurora is another one that I like, just because she has no clue how to act in her new life.

08. Do you do research before writing?

I try my best to. Syndrome and Flesh is one I researched for. I look for the symptoms of abusive relationships and some mental illnesses.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

Wow, I honestly don't have one because I just love most stories on here. I read one and it inspires me to keep writing my stories or just start on a new one. That's what I love about Mibba, there's a lot of amazing writers with amazing ideas.

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

Yes. I don't like writing abusive relationships or about sex, but I have to do that for most of my stories. I still need to write a good horror story. I love horror and some how I haven't written a story in that genre yet.

11. How often do you update?

That depends on the story. Right now I'm really updating Demons in the deep end, and have neglected most of my other stories. I'm trying to change that, because I love all of my stories.

12. Any words for your readers?

Thanks for reading, commenting, and recommending my stories; it means a lot to me that you're enjoying one of my stories. Also if you have any stories you think I should read just send me a message with the stories name. I love to read stories and I'm always looking for new ones. And keep writing no matter what!

13. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

Oh yes. Paulo Coelho, the author of the Alchemist. That book changed my life forever and is short and beautifully written. I have yet to read a book that had the same mood and inspires me the way the Alchemist has. All of his stories are amazing and teach a lot. If you haven't checked him out yet you should. He's an amazing writer.

^-^ Thanks for interviewing me. ::smile: I hope it isn't that boring. ::lol: ^-^

And with that our first interview come to the end. Moving on to the next one. ::cute:

ore wa homo janai. is inactive at the moment but will hopefully she'll come back.

So here we go! ::cute:

01. Would you tell us your full name?

My full name is Gabriella Sarlija. ::tehe:

02. How long have you been on mibba?

I'm not sure. I'm probably going to say, about three years?

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

Nope, just mibba. I'm cool like that. ::thumbup:

04. Since when have you been writing?

Since I was in prep (which is a class we have, here in Victoria, anyway, which is for five/six year olds). I started writing poems seriously in year five, and entered a few in competitions, and I started writing stories seriously when I was in year seven.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

I write mostly original fiction, so I'll start with that. A lot of my writing is morbid. Let's look at Cruel Greenie and Co. and Silent Killer as examples. CG&C. features two teenage girls; one's an internet sensation, and one's a total mystery. Right from the start, you can tell they have twisted personalities, and that they're professional killers. Silent Killer is even more gruesome than that. The main character is down-right insane. She's appears to be a prostitute, but everyone she sleeps with, she kills. She feels no remorse for what she does, and actually enjoys it. She a sadist to the extreme, like most of my characters.

I think I currently only have three fanfictions. One is a Kuroshitsuji fanfiction, which, once again, is my natural style, as people who follow the manga would know about it's plot. The other two are more comedy, but it still fits into my natural flow. They're both Great Teacher Onizuka fanfictions, which is an ex-gang member turned teacher. It's one of my favourite manga/anime/dramas ever, so of course I had to write a fanfic about it. ::tehe:

06. What inspired you to write each story?

I'm an emotionally warped person in reality. I never fully feel anything. I've never felt really sad, or really happy. I'm neutral most of the time. I think that kind of links to my obsession with writing stories with characters who act on their darker emotions and have twisted views. Also, according to others, everything I like has a macabre feel to it, so that might add to my inspiration.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

I'm not going to include the group writes I'm in, nor my one shots; just my own chaptered work.

Cruel Greenie and Co.
I really like Tetsuko. I have a fascination with the yakuza, so I'm automatically going to take to a character from that lineage. But it's more than that; I've kind of based her off myself. Not fully, but the way she's able to manipulate her own personality; switching from one to another. She's a character who can go from being happy and outgoing, to evil and sick.

先生
My favourite character is definitely Nana. She's just the type of person I'm attracted to (platonically. I think that was necessary). She's got a take-no-bullshit attitude, and she's very intimidating, and I like that in my characters. I think it's because she was raised in an all-male environment, as her parents run a karate dojo.

Silent Killer
The main character, because she's eerie and sick and twisted and awesome to the max.

Bebe-Mochi
Probably Nobuo, but I killed him off. OMG NO! He was such a sweet and caring person, and war sickened him, but he fought for his fiancee, and that just awwww bUT I HAD TO KILL HIM OFF OMG WHYYYYYY ::mrgun:

I think I'm only going to list those, seeing as those are the main stories I'm currently working on.

08. Do you do research before writing?

Depending on the story. For example, I did niente research for Silent Killer. I just opened Mibba one day, and wrote the chapter directly on the site. It was one of those stories that I wanted to be purely fictional, minus a few things I knew from previous research for things. Other stories, such as Bebe-Mochi, I'm still researching, as I write it. Because Bebe-Mochi itself is about a warrior-turned-artisan trying to collect expensive kimono, I've bought an in-depth book about the different kind of kimono, as well as kimono history through the years, that very helpful. It's called Kimono, and it's by Liza Dalby. I highly, highly recommend it. ::thumbup:

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

YES.
ALL
HAIL
AIRI
::hail:

I've been a big fan of hers, ever since I first signed up, and I must say, her work is amazing and I love it and she's a really nice person, and also opinionated, and amazing, and she's wise and I love her taste in music. I mean c'mon guys Scandal is life but yeah, she's an amazing person. I recommend Kuchisake-onna, because it's based on one of my favourite urban legends ever and it's an amazing story and I would flood everyone with it if I could because it deserves a billion readers.

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

I've joined a contest by Marge the Great ::naughty: and it's basically about writing a story that fits in a genre you're not familiar with. I chose religion. I'm currently researching different religions (I'm leaning towards Demonolatry) and I think it's going to be interesting. I'm trying to incorporate my least favourite genre - romance - into some of my stories, too.

11. How often do you update?

I've recently set up a guide to help me stay focused. The main stories I have - CG&C., Bebe-Mochi, Silent Killer and 先生 - are going to be updated once a week each, and the rest are just random updated when I'm in the mood, or are on hiatus. The only exception to this is Rosaleigh (and it's my turn to update whoops I'm still working in it ::coffee: )

12. Any words for your readers?

I'm not sure how you guys can put up with my writing, but I love you all and you guys you make me all gooey on the inside and it's really motivating to know that my stories are being read. I also love the critisism ::thumbup: I'm a big fan of concrit, so I enjoy it when I get it, and try to fix up my stories so they become easier to read.

13. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

Definitely the mangakka Okada Kazuto. My favourite manga by him is definitely Ibitsu, which you can read here. For all you sex lovers, this one's for you. It's also psychological, and the main character (female one) is sick and twisted and everything I love in a character. She's perfection.

^-^ Thanks for interviewing me. This was fun and I never expected it. ^-^

That's the end, folks.

~Marian.
September 14th, 2013 at 02:09pm