My Interview With ''birds ate my face'' and ''Ashes of Scarlett''

The first interview for the day is with the lovely mibbian, birds ate my face which I found when another mibbian told me I should take her interview. Upon checking her writings, I found out that I had bookmarked her story Far From Teacher's Pet. It's a teacher/student NC-17 story where the teacher is the woman and Gerard Way is the student.

So let's start with the questions, shall we? ::wink:

01. Would you tell us your full name?

Alison Santiago.

02. How long have you been on mibba?

Almost three years now.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

I used to write slash on livejournal back in '05; I stopped after 4 years just to take a break to focus on school and helping my mom out.

04. Since when have you been writing?

For like eight years, I think, I used to just write little comic strips for and with my dad.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

Most of my stories focus on drama and romance. It's really hard to just summarize them because they're different yet the same, if that makes any sense at all. I'm co-writing a story right now with a friend, Rae (lady_enigma) about Patrick Stump being a serial killer and it's possibly my favorite story that I've ever written.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

My parents and personal things that have happened to me. I basically write love as I've seen it, the trauma and anger that I've dealt with; I know it's cliche is to write about romance, but I love love and I love writing about it.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

Naomi from Take This To Your Grave. I've been writing her for almost 2 years, molding and reshaping who she is. I hold her close to me, and a lot of the readers love/hate her a lot and I dig it.

08. Do you do research before writing?

Rarely; I can't help but to jump into stuff without preparation or thinking of what the hell I'm doing. It's a fault of mine.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

A few; lady_enigma, Indigo Umbrella, Videl, and La Notte Dei Demoni; they're all brilliant and come up with amazing plots and characters that blow my mind.

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

I do, I try my hardest to think ahead before I jump, by coming up with different ideas, but I never seem to get there. I've read and watch things of supernatural trying to do something of that genre, and so far, I've written one, but didn't like it too much. but I am trying. I want to do more of something like that.

11. What's the story you're most proud of?
Take This to Your Grave; I've written and rewritten that story twice just because I feel like it deserves to have more told to it. Plus, a lot of people have read it.

12. What is your biggest writing weakness?
That's kinda hard, I get weak for weird one liners, you know? I always want to write lines that people will remember; whether they're clever or silly, I try and do that, I have yet to do so!

13. Are you more of a writer or a reader?
A reader; I love LOVE LOVE to read. I love to read and comment, I'd much rather read all day than write, because I'm always trying to learn knew patterns of writing or new words or expressive ways of dialogue.

14. Do you read all kinds of fiction?
Yeah, pretty much, I read whatever. I'm not a huge original fic reader, because I usually just read what's recommended to me and it's more than likely fan fiction.

15. Do you prefer original fiction or fan fiction?
Fan fiction; just because I get a better picture of the "famous" character than I would with an original character. I know the expressions and I can actually imagine the "famous" character talking and acting in what I'm reading.

16. What's the genre you are most comfortable with?
Drama and romance. I know it's typical, but it's usually what got into and what I read. I'm trying to get more into horror, I'm writing a thriller, so I'm always looking to learn how to terrify readers. ::smile:

17. Which genres and ratings do you prefer when you pick a story to read?
Always drama, and anything R or NC-17; I'm a pervert lol; I like to read weird stuff, I'm not gonna lie. It's not bad or anything, I just like when a writer doesn't hold back and lets it all out.

18. Do you write stories with all kinds of ratings?
Yeah, but i'm never gone down past PG-13. I don't think I'll ever write anything PG or G, unless I have kids one day and they demand me to write them a story. Plus, I love curse words; I'm a big fan of motherfucker. ::lol:

19. How often do you update?

Nearly everyday, I can't ever stop myself from coming up with ideas. I really love writing, i can't help myself; even when I'm frustrated, I try and write something, it's an addiction.

20. Any words for your readers?

I love you lol, you guys are amazing and thank you for reading the crap I've written.

21. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

Chuck Palahniuk, Joan Didion, Becky Cloonan, and Jack Keruac; I love to read, just as much as I love to write.

^-^ That was different. Thank you for interviewing me. ::smile: ^-^
____________________________________________________________

Now we are going to start our next interview with Ashes of Scarlett who is an interesting author and she's writing mostly original fiction but she has one fanfic as well, which is This Blood on My Hands. It's an Avenged Sevenfold and Hollywood Undead fanfic. Her main focus on the original fics is slash so if you don't like homosexual relationships, stay away from there.

I enjoyed her slash fics quite a bit and I have taken a liking to Dying Innocence and Take My Hand. I have subscribed to both of these stories and I hope she gets back on the second one soon. ::cute:

If you want to get a bit deeper into this author's heart, then go and read this blog entry, Self Injury Awareness Day.

And with that, we reached the questioning time. ::coffee:

01. Would you tell us your full name?

First of all, I'd like to thank you for this interview. I am honored and grateful for this chance. I'd rather not put my real name up on the internet though. It's mostly just the paranoid side of me - I have some trust issues - but I refer to myself as Scarlett on line.

02. How long have you been on mibba?

Oh, quite a while, I can't even remember exactly how long, haha. It's definitely been more than two years.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

I have put some of my poems on tumblr as well but the rest is all just here on mibba.

04. Since when have you been writing?

I have always been an eager reader, ever since I learned to read but writing only came to me when I was about 11 or 12. Before then I wrote scarcely. Reading my old school journals or stories, I have to laugh at the little use of words.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

Dead City Lights: This one is about a zombie apocalypse and two survivors, Able and Zane, who meet up and although they have trust issues in the beginning, they fall for each other.
It hasn't come far though and hasn't been active for a while.

PS- I Love You: Reece and Caleb, never having met in person, despite going to the same school, start writing letters to each other in a school project, using aliases and fall in love with each other through the letters before actually meeting. It only has two chapters and is inactive.

Battle Royale.: 'Noah and Skyler live in a world much different from ours. This is a world where Humans and Nekos both exist. Nekos are hated, sometimes even used as slaves. Humans are the 'superior' species. Noah is a Human. Skyler is a Neko. They weren't supposed to interact... until Skyler became Noah's new 'pet'.'

Take My Hand: Of this story, I only wrote the one or other chapter, then gave it up at that time. Things start to spark between a legendary heartless captain of a pirate ship, Achilles, and Virirdian, who doesn't know how he ended up in a barrel on the ship or who he even is.

Beneath the Bright Blue Sky: I just saw that my co-writer ditched me. No wonder I never heard from them. ::lol: This was supposed to be a sweet story about two boys discovering their feelings for each other, which poses some difficulties. By the way, if anyone wants to join my in a story, don't hesitate to ask! ::cute:

This Blood on my Hands: My only straight story. It's a Hollywood Undead and Avenged Sevenfold fan fiction, in which those bands and lots of others are like gangs who keep girls as servants and similar, illegally of course and two girls make up a plan to destroy the system and regain their previous life.

Coming Back Down: Calen was raised by a drug dealer and his gang, cut off from the real world, fed with drugs and lied to. When he meets Addison, the boy wants to save him from the consequences of such a life and teach him about the real world but Calen doesn't understand.

Coming Back Home: Skylar fell into bad habits when his best friend, Charlie, left the state to get proper treatment for his cancer. When Charlie comes back, they find out things are so much different than before, that maybe their friendship is actually much more but the question remains if Skylar will be able to get back on the right track and if Charlie is really healthy.

Te Ipsum Invenies: The title's meaning is Find Yourself. With Trevor and Dillon, two life styles clash. He's a teen run away, living in a run down apartment in NY, getting into trouble even in his adult years, whereas Dillon is an innocent high school student, just searching for some love and acceptance, exactly the two that Trevor and thrown away.

More Than This.: Liam is popular, Riley is the gay outcast. What no one knows is that Riley is Liam's dirty secret, the two of them meeting in the shadows for a make out until Riley has enough.

There Are Always Loose Ends: 'Humans are superior. Humans have the say. And Nekos must comply. There are towns and schools made only for Nekos. They have their own kinds of jobs. This doesn’t stop the hate and minor conflicts; in general, it's all good. But Dean and Johnny soon find out, there are always loose ends.'

It's Time to Be Happy Again: Another sweet story, that is active again since recently. It's about a young elementary school teacher who falls for the older brother of one of his students.

Dying Innocence: Contains a Jack the Ripper copycat, a prostitute named Brandon, fighting for life and Andrew, the mysterious client. The two are falling for each other but can they even be together?

06. What inspired you to write each story?

Simple things in every day life. A song I hear, a movie or show I watch or even people I encounter and things that happen. Anything can trigger an idea in my head that evolves into a story. All of my stories are co-writes though, so sometimes the idea came from someone else and I just jumped in on it.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

I love all my characters. As soon as I come up with a character and start writing them, I feel this special connection to them. So I can't simply choose one.

08. Do you do research before writing?

I rarely research anything, to be honest. I'm too lazy for that. If it's something I don't know anything about at all and I know I need a better description, then I do read a little bit about it. I like to use my imagination though.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

Authors: turducken, SkittlesRus, hideaway;
Those are the authors I have recc-ed and their writing is absolutely amazing! Definitely worth reading! Go check them out. ::smile:

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

Yeah! Definitely. I love trying new stuff out. I am always hesitant about it, afraid that I've got it all wrong but I am always up for something new.

11. What's the story you're most proud of?

Um, I guess More Than This. because I never expected for it go this far or to have that many readers and subscribers. It was a story that was started and that I joined and it was quite fun and interesting to write.

12. What is your biggest writing weakness?

I guess my biggest weakness is that I suffer from depression and I'm always doubting myself and reread my texts over and over, thinking that they're not good enough and that it could be written much better. Then I lose the little motivation and don't feel like writing anymore.

13. Are you more of a writer or a reader?

I used to be more of a reader my whole life but at some point, I couldn't find anything new and interesting more to read so I mainly started writing. I still don't read as much anymore. I role play daily though, I don't know if that's considered writing as well, haha.

14. Do you read all kinds of fiction?

Lately I've been reading only Teen Wolf fan fiction because I'm completely obsessed with the show. And these last few years I've been mainly reading slash, for everything else I kind of lost interest. When something does spark my interest though, I'll read anything.

15. Do you prefer original fiction or fan fiction?

Original fiction, except for Teen Wolf fan fiction. I like to get completely introduced to a new character and learn all about him or her. Already existing characters are not as appealing to me because they have their story, either in real life or a book or similar, they don't need another story spun upon them. New characters fit better to original ideas, is my opinion. Especially because every character has a bit about the author in them, just as the story and creating an own character just fits better into the story and gives it a better feeling.

16. What's the genre you are most comfortable with?

My favorite genre would be fantasy, action and horror or thrillers. I'm not that good at writing them though, so I often write calmer stories. I do love for them to have a dark twist to them though.

17. Which genres and ratings do you prefer when you pick a story to read?

I like horror themes and sad stories. I will read something sweet every now and then. Ratings don't really matter to me.

18. Do you write stories with all kinds of ratings?

I'll write anything, just as long as I have something or someone to inspire me. ^^

19. How often do you update?

I try to update as often as possible but it's my last year in school so I'm busy with that in the moment and I have a lot of personal issues with depression and so that destroys my motivation and time, so it often ends up taking about a month for me to update.

20. Any words for your readers?

I would like to thank every single of my readers personally! If I could I would hug all of you and make you cookies because I am so grateful that you are taking the time to read my stories. And if you ever have any criticism, or ideas, don't be shy to leave a comment! I love hearing about what the readers think on what I write and what ideas they have for further development. Even if you just want to chat, you can go ahead and shoot me a message. :3

21. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

I haven't read any good books in a whole while but Trudy Canavan has some good books and I liked The Golden Compass... I can't think about any others right now, haha.

^-^ Thank you for taking my interview. You are great. ^-^

~Marian.
September 17th, 2013 at 10:51pm