Why would you ever say that to someone?

So, if any of you are familiar with the site Reddit, there is a subreddit I frequently read called "BabyBumps"
as you can imagine, it's about pregnancy and birth stories and crap. Whatever. I like looking at pictures of babies and reading up on some of the stuff they post. I have PCOS and so do a lot of women on that subreddit, so it's nice to know I'm not alone.

Anyways, I was reading a post by a user. She was due with identical twin girls, but they were born prematurely. The smaller twin had a hole in her heart and died a week after birth.
Well, on the same day her daughter died, she lost her job. She also had a four year old to support, along with her and her surviving twin's medical bills.
Well, her local news covered the story. I believe it was in Richmond, VA.

I was browsing through the comments, and I was shocked by what I read.
So many people were calling her reaction fake. That she was faking it, that she wasn't grieving for her daughter.
My question is, how the fuck do you dictate how someone grieves? People grieve differently. Yes, she wasn't sobbing uncontrollably or having a breakdown on camera, but you could tell she was grieving. She looked like she hadn't slept in years, her hair was unruly and her clothes were rumpled to hell and back. She looked like she just got back from the hospital.

I don't understand how or why people would say that. It's so rude, and disrespectful and it just makes me hate people even more than what I do now. This woman lost her child, show some fucking respect for her and the deceased and let her grieve in peace.

I just can't believe people sometimes.
September 17th, 2013 at 11:01pm