My Interview With ''pallid.'' and ''FluffeeWrites''

Today's interviews are going to start with the cool mibbian, pallid.. She is one of the best writers who focuses only on original fiction. I am honestly in love with her story Mercilessly and Porcelain. Both of these are stories rated NC-17 and they are so fabulous that I could go and read them again.

I did a little bit of digging in this mibbian's blog entries as well and here's what I found: ::cute:
a comprehensive reading list of mibba stories
because i assume people care (25 questions that are deeper than the kiddy pool)

And with that, we reached the questioning time. ::coffee:

01. Would you tell us your full name?

Faelyn Elizabeth.

02. How long have you been on mibba?

I have been on Mibba since January of 2010.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

No, not really. I've wandered around and checked out other writing sites, but I don't continuously post on them like I do Mibba. Half the time, I forget about them anyway.

04. Since when have you been writing?

Technically, I started writing when I was in the 5th grade so I was about ten at the time and I could have sworn I was a genius. I stopped for a little while for about a year, but I finally really picked it up again when I joined Mibba.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

All of them? I highly doubt it. The ones are supposedly active? Sure. ::cute:

Obedear is about this wild girl that's dying and this very reserved boy that falls in love with her, but she won't let anything tie her down.
The Sin City Movement is utter insanity. Eden has an obsession with Cassie and everything goes to hell from there.
Belle Morte is also about a dying girl that meets death, Mortimer, and romanticizes him.

I'm trying to give brief summaries without spoiling anything. I've never been good at writing summaries. I avoid doing it.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

Obedear was originally inspired by another story on here that I read called Pallid. It had the same kind of relationship; boy loves girl, girl couldn't care less. I just put a dramatic twist on it.

The Sin City Movement wasn't even supposed to be the way it ended up being because that story was inspired by another story I read (not on Mibba) called Dear Imagination, but the story ended up going its own way and now I have Eden and Cassie.

Belle Morte was...honestly, I don't know what inspired it. I made the story with the intentions of having characters named Kerra and Mortimer, but as I was writing, erasing, and re-writing the first chapter, Mortimer ended up being a reaper and Kerra ended up on her death bed in the final draft.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

This won't come as any surprise but the boys are always my favorite characters. From Obedear, Jaxon is the one I like more because he's sweet and reserved but he's deeply passionate, too. From The Sin City Movement, I actually like Eden more than anyone else because he's dark and passionate, too; a little insane but we all have our problems, heh. From Belle Morte, I love Mortimer and this is the character that I can't even tell you why I love him so much, I just do. He's technically Death but I love him.

08. Do you do research before writing?

It depends on the content of my story. With Obedear, yes. I did do research. Another story of mine that's posted, but on an indefinite hiatus, is Wintersun and I had to do a lot of research for that story. Research that I haven't even finished yet which is why it's on a hiatus currently.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

There are a few authors on here that both I like and inspire me. vaduva. (used to beblack heart.), lungsmoke (I also love her layouts a whole lot), niall sunshine; (used to be sempiternal;), and so on. Those are just the ones I can recall off the top of my head.

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

Yes, yes I have. I rarely experience anything that I've written about. I mean, a passionate boy didn't murder someone for me and I haven't met Death so I hardly write about things I've experienced. Genres and writing styles, though, yes. I have wandered and experimented. I've tried my hand at horror once. That didn't work out as well as I hoped it would.

11. What's the story you're most proud of?
I'd have to say it's a tie between Belle Morte and The Sin City Movement. I love them both, I take pride in them both about equally. Just wish I could bring myself to finish them now.

12. What is your biggest writing weakness?
Romance, definitely. I can't write anything without romance somehow, some way.

13. Are you more of a writer or a reader?
On Mibba, I'm a little bit of both. However, I'm very picky about what I read so I don't read as much. I'm constantly asking for recommendations and looking through the story tabs, but when I find a good story, I get so addicted to it.

14. Do you read all kinds of fiction?
I'll give anything a shot so yes.

15. Do you prefer original fiction or fan fiction?
I prefer original most of the time, but I like fan fiction, too. If it's good, I don't care what it is—original or fan. If it's fan fiction, I usually don't know who the author is writing about or I forget they're real people.

16. What's the genre you are most comfortable with?
Drama and modern fantasy when it comes to both writing and reading.

17. Which genres and ratings do you prefer when you pick a story to read?
I'm not too picky about genres when I pick a story to read here on Mibba; I'll be more than happy to read outside of my comfort zone if the story is good. Ratings, however, I look at stories PG-13 or higher.

18. Do you write stories with all kinds of ratings?
I do. Lately, all of my stories have fallen under R but I have a couple PG-13 stories and so on. Sometimes I rate too high, I think, because I get nervous that I rated too low. I've taken to putting the disclaimer, "If the rating needs to be raised or lowered, I'll see to it." on all of my stories that I'm iffy about.

19. How often do you update?

As often as my mind lets me. Sometimes I have these bursts of inspiration and can't stop writing so I update a couple times in a few days and then, for most of the time, I sort of update randomly. I haven't updated The Sin City Movement in about a month now. I keep thinking I have it on track and then I don't. Obedear gets updated the most right now. Belle Morte is like The Sin City Movement. It doesn't get updated that much, either. I am ashamed.

20. Any words for your readers?

I appreciate all of you so very, very much and I'm sorry I'm a slacker 97% of the time.

21. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

Stephen Chbosky, Aprilynne Pike, and now I'm drawing a blank. Oi.

^-^ Hopefully I answered it all properly because honestly, I've never been interviewed before and I've never been good with questions. Thank you for interviewing me. ^-^

__________________________________________________________

Next in line in the interviews isFluffeeWrites. She writes only original fiction and her story Alone. is my favorite one. Whenever there's an update, I go there and comment. I mean seriously, it's the only story I do that for on mibba nowadays. ::inlove:

I did a little bit of digging and these are some of her blog entries which I found interesting. You can go ahead and take a look if you want. I'm going to list them below. ::cute:
The best of time the worst of times
Birth and Death are Part of a Whole.
Backfire Flirths
Treat Her Right
life Goes On
Can You Relate?

And now, it's questioning time. ::coffee:

01. Would you tell us your full name?

Thessa McLellan

02. How long have you been on mibba?

About a year ago. I don't remember the exact date. I actually had to go through my comments to go to the comments that people left to welcome me to Mibba.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

I post on Wattpad too. But I love Mibba more because we can create our profiles and create covers for our stories. On Wattpad, we cannot.

04. Since when have you been writing?

Since I was nine or ten years old. I wrote short stories first, and now poems and longer stories.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

Alone is about this young girl named Mathai. Her life craches down around her before she could even see it coming. It's on a non-stop downward spiral of booze, drugs, pain, boys, friends, parties, betrayal, depression, and secrets.

Forsaken Dreams is about a zombie apocalypse and Kaelee starts on a mission to find her loved ones but while doing so she comes across unexpected obstacles.

These are my two main ones. I have ideas for more but I rather get the ones I have started done first.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

I would lay in my bed at night and I would get inspirations. I'm an artist too so I incorporate these inspirations and ideas to both mediums. Sometimes, I would go through something and i write about it but change it up slightly too.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

Kaelee and Mathai. The main characters. Because when I write them, I put a little bit of myself in them and of course I relate to them.

08. Do you do research before writing?

Absolutely. Especially if the story takes place in another country, I need to research the country's cultures, ways of transportation, food, and the list goes on. I believe the story feels more real that way.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

I find JustMyRandomName is a wonderful author. I love reading her stories. In fact, one of her stories gave me inspiration for a story. She doesn't update a lot which I'm saddened about.

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

I actually never done that before but it sounds interesting. I might try that.

11. What's the story you're most proud of?

I am most proud of Forsaken Dreams at the moment. I always have the tendency to criticize my own writing and I don't think I'm very good. But so far, I really like how Forsaken Dreams is coming along.

12. What is your biggest writing weakness?

I think it's keeping on track with trying to write a little bit each day.

13. Are you more of a writer or a reader?

I was a reader before I was a writer so I'd have to say reader.

14. Do you read all kinds of fiction?

I do read all kinds of fiction and genres.

15. Do you prefer original fiction or fan fiction?

I prefer original fiction.

16. What's the genre you are most comfortable with?

I am more interested and comfortable with fantasy (supernatural, utopia, etc).

17. Which genres and ratings do you prefer when you pick a story to read?

Fantasy. And to be honest, I don't really look at the ratings. If I'm interested in the book, then I'll read it.

18. Do you write stories with all kinds of ratings?

I don't believe so.

19. How often do you update?

When I first came to Mibba, I would have to fight the urge to not update after I just updated. After a while though, I became a really busy person and now I try my hardest to update every two weeks. Sometimes it extends to a month but that's only when I have writer's block.

20. Any words for your readers?

Thank you for all supporting me my silent readers. I know you don't comment much but I do see that you read and subscribe me and to me, that's enough. Thank you all. You are my motivation to keep writing.

21. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

-Julie Kagawa
-Amy Reed
-Gabrielle Zevin
-Katie McGarry
-Cassandra Clare
-Jay Asher
-Kelley Armstrong
And there is so much more. I know this is a long list but all these author, I love their writing style. I'm inspired by it. Not to mention their books are lovely.

^-^ Thank you for taking my interview. You are great. ^-^

The end. ::cute:

~Marian.
September 18th, 2013 at 02:36pm