Interview: RocknRollBlondii

As you know, I don't take suggestions to interview authors on these blogs. I will accept your suggestions here. Please go there to tell which author you want me to interview. Thank you so much understanding.

Alright, I got to interview one of my favorite authors, RocknRollBlondii. One of my favorite stories is written by her. In fact, I had the link of it in my signature if you have noticed it. Torn happens to be the title of the story. I hope that you get around to checking it out. It's amazing.

Alright, I need to stop rambling on. So here are the questions. Enjoy!

1. What's the meaning behind your username?
-My username comes from two things my friends always called me. I was always the Blonde friend, so people always called me Blondie. Also my friends refer to me as their rock-n-roll loving friend in a group of rap and hiphop listeners.

2. How long have you been on Mibba?
-I’ve been on Mibba for about a year.

3. When did you start writing? Why?
-I started writing when I was in elementary school.My mom put me in a creative writing program when I was in fifth grade and I fell in love with it. It really allows me to express myself.

4. What are some of your stories and what are they about?
-Most of my stories are hockey fan fics. I’m pretty obsessed with hockey and I think it’s fun to create my own versions for what their private lives are like. There’s Not Your Average Girl, Forever Yours, We Found Love, Come and Get It, After The Rain and your favorite, Torn. I also have two stories that are on Hiatus

5. What's your inspiration for writing?
-I get inspiration from everything. My personal life, my friends lives, work, music, movies… You name it and I start creating stories in my head about it.

6. What made you write Torn?
-I had just watched seasons 1-5 of Sons Of Anarchy (not for the first or even 5th time) and I was missing Opie. I decided to write my own version of his life. He was my favorite character and I am a little obsessed.

7. Do you have any rituals when you write? If you listen to music, what do you listen to?
-I don’t have any rituals. Sometimes I’ll listen to music or have the t.v playing in the background. I always light a cigarette when I begin writing. That’s not really a ritual though, just an addiction.

8. What is your favorite genre to write about?
-My favorite genre? Hmmm, probably romance and drama. I love how the two intertwine. I’m also a firm believer that real love is never without any drama. Even if it’s not something majorly dramatic to anyone else, it always feels like that to the person experiencing it.

9. What's your favorite story to read on here?
-My favorite story is called Seize Control and it’s sequel, Fate Misunderstood. I also really love a story called Skeletons. They’re all Sons Of Anarchy stories. See, a little obsessed.

10. Which of your stories are the most fun to write?
-It’s definitely Torn. I get to write a love story and still have it be a little bad ass. Plus the character was killed off so it really doesn’t matter where I go with this. Sky’s the limit.

11. Do you ever run into writer's block? What do you do to get over it?
-Gah, of course I run into writer’s block. I don’t know any writer that doesn’t. I usually let it ride out. Normally something makes an idea pop into my head. Until it does, I jot down anything that comes to me.

12. Is there any authors on here that inspire you to write?
-All the authors I read inspire me to write. If it’s a story that I’m really into, after reading an update I usually want to run and write something down. Even if what I write down sucks.

13. Do you research what you write?
-Um, not really. I just watch the show. A lot. If it’s a sensitive subject then I’ll look into it. But for the most part I just write whatever comes to my head.

14. Do you like to experiment with your writing?
-Experiment? I don’t really think of it as experimenting. I just write. Doesn’t matter about what the subject is.

15. Are there any authors that inspire you? (novels, books, etc.)
-I just read the book Anthem by Ayn Rand. It was amazing. Really made me think about life. How I’m living it, what I’ve thought about it for all of my life. I’m also obsessed with JR Ward. Her Blackdagger Brotherhood series is amazing. Both authors are highly recommended.

16. Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers?
-I’d like to tell them how much I appreciate them taking the time out to read my stuff. The time out to comment, subscribe, recommend it. You’ll never know how much it truly brightens my day to see that people really care about my work.

***

I know that I have thanked you plenty of times before now, but honestly I'm so happy that you agreed to let me take time out of your time. I'm also going to mention that I can't wait for more from Torn.
September 19th, 2013 at 05:46pm