I don't mean to toot my own horn or anything

I am a damn good cook. Like, fo'real gurl.

I made this chicken pot pie stew in the crockpot for dinner tonight, and DAYUM, it was tasty.

Like, I can't even - UGH. It was amazinggg.

Okay, so the reason why it's called a chicken pot pie stew is because you make the filling in the crockpot, then serve it over biscuits. I found it on Pinterest a few weeks ago, and I figured since I'm now in charge of the cooking, I might as well try it.

So here's a picture of my plate:
Image
I'm sorry it's not all fancy and artsy-fartsy like those Rachael Ray or Paula Deen food pictures.

The recipe that I used can be found here, but I'm going to give you guys my altered recipe.

Chicken Pot Pie Stew:
3 - large, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
2 - 10 & 3/4 oz cans of cream of chicken soup
1 - 10 & 3/4 oz can of cream of celery soup
1 - 10 & 3/4 oz can of cream of potato soup
2 cans mixed vegetables (mine had carrots, peas, lima beans, corn, and green beans in it)
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder

Step 1: Mix the chicken, cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup, cream of potato soup, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder in a crockpot; stir together. Cook on High for 3-5 hours (on the website they said to cook for 5 hours, but I only cooked for 3 & 1/2. I think it may depend on your slow cooker.).
Step 2: Mix the cans of vegetables in and cook for another 20-30 minutes.

That's my rendition of the stew. You can serve this over noodles, mashed potatoes, or biscuits. I chose the biscuits because it was simple and sounded good. I think the next time I make it, though, I'm going to leave the chicken breasts whole, then shred them at the end. Also, I think I'll skin and chop up some potatoes to cook with it, along with celery and sliced carrots. I'll also only throw peas in with it, too. Maybe throw some chicken broth in it, too.

You could literally alter this recipe a billion times and it'll probably still taste amazing, lol.

Okay, I'm off to play Sims!
September 20th, 2013 at 04:24am