Why would you tell her that?

Let's be real here Mibba. My mom was not the best mom in the world. She wasn't the richest, she wasn't the fittest, she wasn't the best cook, and we fought a lot like cats and dogs. However, I loved her and she loved me and my sister with all of her heart and she did everything within her power to take care of us the way she felt like we should have. She was depressed because she was incapable of providing the care she thought we deserved, even though we were perfectly content.

My mom had a very bad addiction. No. It wasn't recreational drugs, for those who may think it's cool to jump on the bandwagon. I'm not going to go into it that much, but yes she did have an addiction and you'll be able to figure it out with context clues. Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house, okay?

Anyway, here is what was actually wrong with her: she had Guillain-Barre*, severe depression, bipolar disorder, fibromyalgia, seizures (which is where I got my seizures from), heart failure, god I can't even remember everything else, I know she had some kind of reoccurring migraine, and I remember the doctor's talking about thinking about doing a spinal surgery because of her disks something was wrong with them.

*Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS) is a disorder in which the body's immune system attacks part of the peripheral nervous system. The first symptoms of this disorder include varying degrees of weakness or tingling sensations in the legs. In many instances the symmetrical weakness and abnormal sensations spread to the arms and upper body. These symptoms can increase in intensity until certain muscles cannot be used at all and, when severe, the person is almost totally paralyzed. In these cases the disorder is life threatening - potentially interfering with breathing and, at times, with blood pressure or heart rate - and is considered a medical emergency. Such an individual is often put on a ventilator to assist with breathing and is watched closely for problems such as an abnormal heart beat, infections, blood clots, and high or low blood pressure. Most individuals, however, recover from even the most severe cases of Guillain-Barré syndrome, although some continue to have a certain degree of weakness.

Guillain-Barré syndrome can affect anybody. It can strike at any age and both sexes are equally prone to the disorder. The syndrome is rare, however, afflicting only about one person in 100,000. Usually Guillain-Barré occurs a few days or weeks after the patient has had symptoms of a respiratory or gastrointestinal viral infection. Occasionally surgery will trigger the syndrome. In rare instances vaccinations may increase the risk of GBS.

After the first clinical manifestations of the disease, the symptoms can progress over the course of hours, days, or weeks. Most people reach the stage of greatest weakness within the first 2 weeks after symptoms appear, and by the third week of the illness 90 percent of all patients are at their weakest.more details on GBS


She got GBS when I was a kid (5) and soon after my sister was born. She was supposed to pass away that Christmas, Brandi went to live with whoever, and I went to my aunts because my mom was constantly in the hospital. However, we stopped it at her legs. For near half a year she was paralyzed from her waist down. Miraculously, though she slowly began getting feelings back, enough to wear she could be mobile. Even though she never completely regained all feeling. She could walk, but she couldn't really feel her feet. (I could pinch, twist, and pull the skin on her feet and she couldn't feel it.) But after that her health rapidly declined, but we were able to spend 11 years with my mom that the doctor's said we weren't supposed to have.

December 25, 2008 my mom had a massive seizure (she also had a massive bodily infection due to a doctor ignoring my mom's history of being allergic to metal and going ahead and putting a metal ball in her ankle), she vomited but because she was laying on her back (and we were all asleep at the time) the vomit went back down and settled in her lungs. Slowly suffocating her. One by one her organs started to fail because of lack of oxygen. We didn't find her like this until Christmas morning around 11am, and she was rushed to the hospital.

I had to make the decision to not resuscitate her after the third time. I had to tell them that. Mom had a DNR, anyway. Or she was supposed to, I remember her talking to me about it because she knew that it was a very real possibility that something could happen and she did not want to live on the ventilators for the rest of her life.

December 26, 2008 my mom passed away because her heart completely gave out. On her death record it clearly states: multi-organ failure/septic.

However, someone told my little sister, who has believed this for the past five years, that my mom overdosed. That my mom had killed herself.

WHY WOULD YOU TELL MY SISTER THAT?

My mom would never have killed herself.

She was out of her seizure medicine. I just cannot even right now. I can't express what I truly want to say because, lol rude, but REALLY. WHY WOULD YOU? That is wrong on so many freaking levels that I can't even begin to freaking count them.

Why would she kill herself when she had just been clean of her addiction for nearing two weeks? Why would she kill herself on Christmas day? Why would she kill herself and then lay next to my sister, knowing that my sister would wake up next to that?

Ohhhhh didn't think of that?
Yeah.

My sister always slept with my mom. If my mom would have tried to kill herself she would have at least not went and laid down with my sister. She wasn't cruel.

So, please, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT. If you don't know the circumstances of someone's death then don't freaking spread it. Lies are one of the few things that spread like wildfire.

And oh the things I could say. Because I know who 95% probably told her this, and they should not even be able to speak because... of reasons. Glass houses, people, glass houses break when you thrown stones.
September 20th, 2013 at 05:05am