My cousin died

Here is the article in the news about it. Well one of them at least. There are many. My cousin was the 18 year old driver they mention, AJ. He was going too fast and another car cut in front of him so he swerved to avoid that car and hit a telephone pole.

I was at the hospital all last night with him. By the time we all got to the hospital he was in surgery but they couldn't save him. They declared him brain dead last night and he's gone. There were three girls. One had a couple broken bones and her head was split open badly. Her mother was yelling at my aunt blaming her for everything which breaks my heart. It was an accident. My aunt is already a mess losing her son and yelling at her isn't helping anything. Another girl ended up with internal bleeding, a broken leg so badly that her bone was sticking out, her pelvis popped out of place, and she had a collapsed lung. She is awake and talking now. Her family has been very kind to us. They were in the waiting room next to ours. One girl escaped with no real injury but today she ended up at the hospital for mental issues. She had some kind of break down. My cousin had come into the hospital with a bad head injury, internal bleeding, collapsed lung, broken legs, bruises all over his face and a lot of gashes over his body.

I was very close to my cousin. He had a bad habit of driving too fast and we all warned him to slow down but he didn't listen. But this was still a shock. It was so sudden and he was so young. Obviously I am devastated but all of my family is depending on me to be the strong one right now so that's what I'm doing. I have been comforting people and helping everywhere I can. I have been making phone calls and letting others know what happened and just doing my best not to cry.

Please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers. We really need it. And please remember that it only takes a second for something to go wrong and it could be a tragedy like this. Be safe.
September 21st, 2013 at 08:27pm