Off we go

So … a blog. I’m kind of obligated to blog this time for my English class (Hi, Peter). Normally I write the shitty, cheesy things I have to say in a diary, so now I’m going to try to say something interesting online.
I was thinking about a subject last night, but there isn’t really one thing I would like to talk about for the next year and I’ll have to watch out that I don’t talk bullshit all the time.

It’s supposed to be a blog about pop culture, but I first wanted a blog like Jenna in the Awkward series. But then again, I don’t want to spread out all the nasty gossip that’s happening in real life and I can’t define myself as ‘pop culture’. So, let’s start off easily and just talk about music.

There are a lot of sounds I’ve found on the Internet that people are supposed to know in my opinion. That’s one of my hipster treats. The last band I’ve found and was completely fond of, was The Neighbourhood. These 5 California gangsters make hip-hop music combined with indie. It seems like an odd combination, but I think it’s beautiful. Check it out, I’m serious (https://soundcloud.com/theneighbourhood/sweater-weather).
Last night I found out that their music is going to be used in an add about an episode of ‘Dexter’ and I was so proud. My baby was discovered by the world. Other bands that you really have to check out this week are Marlene, Cloud Boat and Movement.

Next time I’ll listen to a hardcore album and tell about the experience. I don’t know. I know I like talking and writing, but mostly in Dutch.
So Mister Houben, about that blog, challenge accepted.
September 21st, 2013 at 09:25pm