Interview: Lulie Belle

I will remind in each interview to please don't suggest authors here. If there is an author you would like to suggest, do it here. There is also a list of authors a few others and myself have down. If you want to check that out, here it is. Go check it out.

I got the chance to interview the lovely Lulie Belle. I have to say that admire this chance because she is just about the nicest person I have ever got the chance to talk to which is saying a lot. I know a lot of very good people or at least I hope so. She has done both fan fiction and orignial fiction which are both show her amazing talent. Here are her stories to read. I recommend reading them.

Now, I'm going to stop rambling on about the author, and let you read what you came here for. Here are the questions. Enjoy!

1. What's the meaning behind your username?
-It’s a family nickname. My grandma has always called me Lulie because I reminded her when I was younger of this little Hawaiian girl from this movie. Then Belle somehow got attached later on.

2. How long have you been on Mibba?
-Let’s see… A little over 5 years now, give or take a few months.

3. When did you start writing? Why?
-I was about 11 years old when I wrote my first short story…It made my mom cry.

Where I live there has never really been anyone around that’s my age for me to hang out with, so my grandpa surprised me on my 5th birthday with a cute little puppy. A few years later, after that dog became like my best friend, my next door neighbor accidently poisoned him with ant poison. So, I was devastated, and my family wanted me to start a diary. I was never good at the diary thing, I don’t really like talking about how I feel a lot…but the sadness needed to be let out. So I picked up a pen and some paper, and I haven’t stopped writing since.

4. What are some of your stories and what are they about?
-My active stories right now are The Science of Monsters, The Last Wolf, and Running From Shadows.

The Science of Monsters is my only fan fiction. It’s mostly about the friendship between my favorite Avengers, Tony Stark and Bruce Banner, and their shared interest in science…in particular the science of the Extremis virus from Iron Man 3 and how it affects one of the first participants of the Extremis Testing.

The Last Wolf is about a girl named Dahlia who’s never really fit into her life, and she’s finally beginning to understand when she finds out exactly what her real heritage is…She’s the very last werewolf (not the Twilight kind) and there are monsters coming after her to make sure the werewolves go into extinction. She’s got to figure out how to survive and save her friends. But fair warning for my non-religious readers, this story has a thick overlay of religion. I really wanted something different for werewolves, and I think I found it in this story.

Running From Shadows is really about a cult of sorts, and it’s filled with twists and turns that most readers won’t see coming. There are these demon shapeshifters who are after Neya and Dreigon. Neya has no idea what’s going on, but as she joins Dreigon’s team of rebels against the Sérieux, the demon shapeshifters, she gets a feel for her past and what is going on, and then one of the Sérieux gives her the memories she’s been looking for.

5. What's your inspiration for writing?
-Sometimes I have dreams and sometimes I get ideas from brainstorming with other writers. I read a lot and watch a lot of TV too, so sometimes I end up trying to recreate stories that are unique but based off something I’ve already seen.

My inspiration for not giving up on writing is a close family member of mine. I won’t give up because of Chris Holder. He’s a musician, and I’ve watched him succeed with his music since he was 12 years old. I figure if he can do it then so can I.

6. Do you like writing original fiction more? Or do you like to write fan fiction?
-I like original fictions more. There’s something about creating a character and letting its life unfold through the plot line. When I write originals I never really know how they’re going to end, I just sort of let the story lead the way. Fan fictions have to be well planned out and researched, not to mention if you screw up one of the characters then the readers will hate you for it.

7. What's your favorite fandom to write about? (Is fandom the correct term I'm looking for?)
-Yes, I believe fandom is right :). I guess the Avengers is my fandom of choice since it’s the only one I’m doing right now.

8. Do you have any rituals when you write? If you listen to music, what do you listen to?
-Yes, I have to have a hot cup of coffee somewhere near me before I can get started on my writing. Depending on my mood, I’ll put the Pandora app on my iPod on shuffle or I turn on my TV and find something like CSI or Criminal Minds. It’s easier to tune out the world when there’s background noise.

9. What is your favorite genre to write about?
-I love fiction in general, but if I had to pick a specific genre I’d have to go with fantasy. It’s fun trying to recreate vampires and werewolves.

10. What's your favorite story to read on here?
-I don’t have an absolute favorite right now. I just recently got back on Mibba, I stopped writing for 2 years because of college… One of the stories I like reading right now is Clara.’s Hail to the King. If anyone has any suggestions I’d be more than happy to check them out.

11. Which of your stories are the most fun to write?
-The Science of Monsters, I love the feedback I’m getting on it.

12. Which of your stories are the hardest to write?
-Running From Shadows, it’s hard to keep twisting the cult around.

13. Do you ever run into writer's block? What do you do to get over it?
-I do! This is why I stopped writing in College. It was too hard to overcome the block and homework. Dr. Hammond gave me some really good advice last year about it, she said, “You just have to write through the block. Just sit down and what whatever comes into your mind; find a picture and try to describe it, or anything else that will just get your wheels spinning again.” It really does work.

14. Is there any authors on here that inspire you to write?
-A lot actually. There’s Clara., Vampire’s_Addiction, and Morpheus. I don’t think Vampire’s Addiction and Morpheus write on Mibba much anymore, but they were huge inspirations to me when I started out in 2008. Clara is a saint when I have an idea I can’t seem to work it out.

15. Do you research what you write?
-Sometimes. If I don’t know enough about something and I really want to use it then I will do an internet search to get more information.

16. Do you like to experiment with your writing?
-Yeah, I always like trying new genres and getting different views on my work.

17. Are there any authors that inspire you? (novels, books, etc.)
-James Patterson’s Maximum Ride series helped me development my tone. I adore Maggie Stiefvater’s style and plot lines. Pat Conroy, Maggie Schein, and Ron Rash (all local authors) are incredible to talk to. Virginia Schafer, Tom Poland, Jean Ann Geist, and Mike Long are really great influences as well as people too.

18. Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers?
-Thank you all for reading my stories; I’d love to hear more from you guys, but I’ll be happy if you just keep reading.

***

Merci beaucoup! It means a lot to me that you took the time to answer all of my questions. I really can't seem to thank you enough. Oh, by the way, that means 'thank you very much' or 'thanks a lot' in French.
September 22nd, 2013 at 05:26pm