My Interview With ''steph goes rawr.'' and ''Squirrely.Kassi''

Hello everyone. ::mrgreen:

The first interview for the day is with steph goes rawr. She writes fanfics based on Harry Potter and mostly featuring Motionless In White. My favorite stories by her are Creatures and Black Damask featuring the band MIW. Both stories are rated NC-17 and there are sequels as well. ::tehe:

I did a little bit of digging and these are some of her blog entries which I found interesting. You can go ahead and take a look if you want. I'm going to list them below. ::cute:
Twitter: Follow Me?
Interested In My Original Story?
Info ABout Me
The Playlist of the Album Creatures by Motionless In White

And with that, we reached question time. ::coffee:

01. Would you tell us your full name?

Stephanie, but call me Steph!

02. How long have you been on mibba?

It’s been five long years.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

I am currently not posting any of my stories on any other sites, though I was quite active on Quizilla prior to joining Mibba.

04. Since when have you been writing?

I’ve been writing since I was fourteen. I started off with poetry, then short fiction, and eventually I moved on to writing full length stories.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

The Way I Loved You: Believe it or not, before I was in the Motionless in White Fandom, I was in Harry Potter! This story was inspired by Taylor Swift (I know, I know) and it features one of my original characters, Allina Morton. It is set in the time of the Marauder’s, aka Harry’s parents, and tells the story of how she and Severus Snape fell in love. It is completed, but it’s sequel is on a long term hiatus (mostly because I don’t know how to start it... ::lol: )

Creatures: This is my first MIW story. It features my character Samantha Fawkes and Chris Motionless. It’s my most popular story to date with over 600 readers. But it’s about how she encounters him one day and he asks her out on a date, only for him to kidnap her and tell her that she is his mate and they are destined to be together. However, Josh Balz also finds himself struggling with his feelings for Sam, so he and Chris eventually come to blow and face off for her love. I could talk about it for hours, but that’s the short of it.

Puppets: This is the sequel to Creatures and again, features Sam and Chris. After being banished by Chris, Josh vows revenge on Chris. He is determined to win Samantha back, but is unsure how, so he joins another coven that is hell-bent on destroying Chris Motionless (for reasons that the readers don’t know yet). I can’t give anymore away! It is currently being written and I love writing every second of it.

Heretics: This features Angelo Parente and my character, Abigail Strega. It serves as a prequel and goes into detail about Abigail and Angelo’s relationship prior to the events of “Creatures.” The story will tie in and feature characters from “Creatures” at the end. It tells of her quest to become a Guardian, which is a protector of all things good. But after she meets Angelo, Abigail becomes the most disgraced witch of her clan because she fell in love with a vampire. It is being currently written.

Whispers in the Dark: This story features Ricky Horror and Annabelle Scott, another original character. It begins somewhat dramatically, with Annabelle being nearly raped and Ricky coming to save her. It then goes backwards, telling the story of how Ricky first saw Annabelle and became obsessed with her, even going so far as staging the attack that happened in the first chapter. It will be my only story without a happy ending. I love writing this one because it’s told in Ricky’s POV, so the reader can really see what makes him tick.

Black Damask: This story is currently my most active. It is a co-write between WakeUpTheSleepers and I, featuring Ryan Sitowski and Angelo Parente. The characters are Ryleigh (written by me) and Gabby (written by Kas), who are a pair of sisters whose parents were murdered when they were very young. Both girls have moved on with their lives and were barely speaking until both of them were kidnapped and forced to live within the MIW coven. There is a lot of drama and lots of twists in this. It has progressed very quickly, but I am quite pleased with the response we’ve gotten.

Save My Soul: This is another co-write, featuring JaxGreen. I write in Ricky Horror’s POV and she writes as Bianca Noell. Ricky is a crossroads demon—meaning, when he is summoned at a crossroads, the person (or people) makes a wish and he collects their souls and damns them to Hell when they die. In the first chapter, he meets Bianca and her friend Shari, and only Shari makes a deal with him. He notices that there is something different about Bianca. She does not want to change her life and damn her soul and that confuses him greatly. He becomes intrigued by her. It is a slow moving story, but another one that I really enjoy writing.

Cobwebs: This is a one shot written for my friend, lostinthecityofsin. It features her original character Aleesha and Ricky Horror. She returns home from college to Scranton and encounters her ex, Ricky, for the first time since she left.

Existentialism on Prom Night: The only story I have that does not have a MIW song title (besides “The Way I Loved You). This one shot is written for soworthit and features her character Lexi and Josh Balz. They are best friends and Josh cares for her deeply. He writes a song for her and confesses his love to her, and they live happily ever after. It’s one of my fluffiest stories.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

Hahaha, where do I even begin? “The Way I Loved You” simply came from hours of reading Harry Potter fanfiction, only to realize that there was really nothing from the Marauder’s time. It was very difficult to write because I lost interest easily, but when I got the ball rolling I always wrote a lot.

“Creatures” was an idea that I had in my head for a long time—so long that I had actually written about 2/3 of it before posting it on Mibba. I was inspired by the chorus of MIW’s song of the same title: “We are the damned, the cursed, and the broken. There’s so much more inside us.” I wanted to write something that really focused on the “creatures” that live inside each and every one of us—our desires, our needs, our hatreds. I was writing it for myself and then one day I thought, “Why not post it?” I’m very glad I did. Naturally after the popularity of “Creatures,” I had to write a sequel and that is where “Puppets” came from. I get a lot of my ideas from music, so I listened to the song (Puppets) and it suddenly all hit me.

“Heretics” was a no brainer. I knew immediately after putting Abigail in the story that I was going to write a prequel that featured her and Angelo.

“Whispers in the Dark” was again, inspired by a song, and I thought who would be better to be a stalker than Ricky? ::XD:

“Cobwebs” and “Existentialism”, again, were both inspired by songs.

“Black Damask” is really the only one where I jumped into it not knowing what exactly we’d write. But Kas is very creature and we’ve worked together almost every day to write new and exciting chapters for our readers.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

I love writing Sam. She’s probably my favorite. I think through the events of “Creatures” she has really matured. She was very unsure and cautious of herself in the beginning, but as she got to know Chris and fell in love with him, she became a lot sassier. She reminds me the most of myself, so I guess that’s why I like writing her.

A close second would be Ryleigh from “Black Damask.” Like Sam, she is very sassy, but really comes into her own when she meets Chris and Ryan. She falls in love with Ryan very quickly and her attachment to him is very real. I love writing fluff between them.

The third favorite would be Abigail. She is featured as a seventeen year old girl in the story and I know I didn’t like being seventeen, so neither does she. XD She’s forced to do something that she has no desire doing and feels like she doesn’t control her destiny at all. I like writing her because she’s so young—she is still finding herself.

08. Do you do research before writing?

I don’t really. There was a point where I was at an absolute stand still on “Creatures” and I thought that I was going to have to end it there. But luckily, I found some inspiration—and received a lot of criticism for it. People were telling me that my story was no longer original and that really hurt. But other than that, I do very little research before writing.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

Man I like a LOT of authors on here. I would have to say my top five is WakeUpTheSleepers (Kas), JaxGreen (Kim), CharmedLuna, deadly night shade, and PoeticMess. You could say that I was inspired by all of them—I saw all of their writing and thought, “Hey, why can’t I post my stories” and the rest is history. ::XD:

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

Well, when I write original fiction, I love experimenting. I especially love writing streams of consciousness and timed writing. I like to write poetry too but I don’t post it on here. I find writing to be relaxing and I do it a lot when I’m upset or angry. A lot of my stories, especially the ones on Mibba, are almost all connected to my life somehow. I really like to get into the minds of my characters before I write and I find that it really helps me to be more creative. I tend to stick with the genres I’m comfortable with, but I’m open to writing in new genres, especially horror. I love gore.

11. What's the story you're most proud of?

I would probably have to say that "Creatures" is the story that I'm most proud of. I spent the most time on it and it really became my baby. When I first started writing it, I had no idea I would get so involved in it. I think the end product ended up at like, 125 pages, and that's more than I have ever written before.

12. What is your biggest writing weakness?

I think my biggest writing weakness would probably be that I'm hyper-critical of my work. I always think that my writing and updates suck, which is why I really enjoy receiving feedback from my readers. I love, love, love writing, but I'm always afraid that someone's going to comment on my story and be like, "GOD THIS IS AWFUL!" I'm cynical in that sense.

13. Are you more of a writer or a reader?

Definitely more of a writer. When I first joined Mibba, I was a little intimidated by all the great stories I read, but I eventually threw my hat in the ring and never looked back. So right now I'm more of a writer, but I was definitely a reader (and a silent one, at that) for a long, long time.

14. Do you read all kinds of fiction?

On Mibba, I stick to a few of my favorite fandoms (MIW, A7X, Harry Potter), but there have been some amazing original fiction on this site, so I guess I read a lot of original work too. When it comes to reading in general (not on Mibba), I'll read just about anything.

15. Do you prefer original fiction or fan fiction?

Like I said above, I read mostly fanfiction, but there are some absolutely amazing original authors on this site. I'm a little intimidated at the idea of writing something totally original, but it's something I'd like to try in the future. I'm currently in the works of writing a true story, which is a first for me. It's my story of how one of my friends died and how it's affected me.

16. What's the genre you are most comfortable with?

Ehhh, I actually really love to write thriller and drama, but I generally stick to romance because it's easy/enjoyable to write. I love to write things that are macabre and somehow make them beautiful to the reader. I like getting into detail, including the character's thoughts and fears, as I write. It's all about painting a story in the reader's head and making it relatable to the reader. I'm planning on writing more thrillers in the future.

17. Which genres and ratings do you prefer when you pick a story to read?

Not to sound like a pervert, but I normally pick R or NC-17. As far as genres go, I go for drama, romance, horror, and thriller.

18. Do you write stories with all kinds of ratings?

Of course I do! But most of the stories I read are R or NC-17. ::XD:

19. How often do you update?

“Black Damask” is currently the only story that is updated every day (almost). Other than that, my updates vary a lot. Sometimes I can post two chapters in a week, other times it takes me like, a month to even get one out. I find that I really can’t write under pressure and can’t write if I’m not inspired. It sucks. I’m also volunteering full time as a second grade English teacher in Honduras, so a majority of my day is spend in school.

20. Any words for your readers?

YOU GUYS ARE FUCKING AWESOME! I love each and every one of you and thank you all so much for making my stories so popular! It warms my heart to see you all getting into the story as much as I am, and for that, I am eternally grateful. If I could hug all of you and bake you cookies, I would in a heartbeat. Don’t ever be shy to message me—I love giving advice on stories and love to help out with ideas!

21. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

I absolutely adore Ernest Hemingway. His journalistic style of writing is almost surreal. I find it fascinating that he can use so little detail and still manage to draw you in. I love Aldous Huxley and dystopian literature. Uhh… Anne Rice, for obvious reasons, inspires me, as well as William Faulkner and Kurt Vonnegut.

^-^ Thank you so much for the interview! ::cute: I appreciate your interest. ^-^

_____________________________________________________

The second interview for the day is with Squirrely.Kassi She writes purely original fiction and that makes her one of my favorite authors. Yes people, I adore original fics more than fanfics so when I found her, I was honestly dancing around in my room. ::crazy:

Most of her stories are complete/finished and it would be nice if they got recced. ::cute: My favorites from her are Different and Vital. It would be awesome if she completed all of her stories so to motivate her, go and give her a few comments. ::cute:

I did a little bit of digging and these are some of her blog entries which I found interesting. You can go ahead and take a look if you want. I'm going to list them below. ::cute:
Incest In Stories: Your View On This?
How Long Have You Been Here?
Missing You But Not Saying It

And with that, we reached question time. ::coffee:

01. Would you tell us your full name?

Yeah, I have nothing to hide. I'm Kassandra Maness, aka Kassi or Squirrely.

02. How long have you been on mibba?

Oh gosh, I don't even remember. It used to show on my profile, but I think since I was 16? I don't recall to be honest. But I know it's been quite a few years.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

Nope, I used to be on Quizilla, and once they took a crap; I went to this website. LOL.

04. Since when have you been writing?

Since I was a wee one. I've always been interested in writing or telling stories. In High school, I would always write in a note book, and my friend's would use post it's to keep their spots so they could read as I wrote. XD It was a good time.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

They vary to be honest, whatever my mind comes up with; that's what I write about.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

Dreams, Music, TV shows, and other people's stories. They help me get rid of my writer's block, and literally inspires me.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

Oh gosh, I don't have any favorites to be honest when it comes to my characters. Though I do tend to love my more "aggressive" male characters. ::XD:

08. Do you do research before writing?

Depending on what I am writing about. If it's areas that I have never been, then of course.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

Honestly, no. I used to get to know so many people on here, but as the years went by, and age hit... I have not had time anymore, I go on here to update my stories and that's about all I have time for. However, you will notice that sometimes I will comment on my own page with links to people's stories, so that I can keep track of them. That was before I could "subscribe" that is. I do make a point to always comment on someone's story, even if I only read a paragraph of it. I don't like being a silent reader.

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

Sometimes. To be honest... hmm. I don't know how to describe it. But, I usually write about things that are more "childish" I suppose, in my opinion. I let my imagination run wild, and I never have a plot figured out. It just goes wherever it wants to. But, I do notice a trend in my stories, that have some sort of moral ending. Like listen to your parents, or go with your gut, be nicer to people etc...

11. What's the story you're most proud of?

Oh goodness! I love my "Don't Tell Them Where I Live Now" story. When I was writing that one, people went out of their way to tell others about that story. It was the proudest moment of my life. LOL. The characters are so well grounded, and created. I am impressed by myself. I do not have the greatest punctuation etc...But people love my writing style, and such, so it doesn't bother me.

12. What is your biggest writing weakness?

The proper punctuation, I would say. I have the spelling down, and such. But the whole how to properly use ";" and oh wording things, like the character's thoughts. Some people are so anal. <- Example, some might want it as "Some people are so anal, that I have a hard time with writing the character's thoughts and such." Or something like that, see I can't even properly describe it hahaha but makes sense to me.

13. Are you more of a writer or a reader?

Writer. Unless I find a story that absolutely captures my attention. I am picky.

14. Do you read all kinds of fiction?

Only original. I used to love Draco Malfoy Fan Fiction. =^_^= I know embarassing, but that's what got me to start writing online anyway. Because as mentioned before, I would only write in notebooks.

15. Do you prefer original fiction or fan fiction?

Original.

16. What's the genre you are most comfortable with?

Ugh... honestly, I don't have a preference. I just sort of read whatever sounds interesting. I don't look up the genres.

17. Which genres and ratings do you prefer when you pick a story to read?

I prefer the more NC-17 or above ratings. Because that usually means the writer is more mature, and experienced. Nothing against amateurs, considering I, myself, am one. However, the more younger ones tend to never break their paragraphs up and such. I've read some stories that are awful to me, and hurt my brain. But we all start some where, and I remember starting out. It wasn't pretty. LOL.

18. Do you write stories with all kinds of ratings?

They tend to be more mature, because of the language, and actions that occur in them. I don't want to be a bad influence on anyone that is underaged. I like to try and make my stories have some moral lesson, as previously mentioned.

19. How often do you update?

Whenever I can. I used to make a habit to update every day, to every other day, but as of late...nope. I am pregnant, and working, and oi vey. So much shenanigans in my personal life.

20. Any words for your readers?

Thank you guys for the feedback, and for understanding when I do not update all the time. Hell some of you wait months for one measly "chapter" that I like to call a page, instead. LOL. Anywho, I greatly appreciate it. So much.

21. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

Nope. I am the weird kind, I would rather write than read.

^-^ That was nice. Thank you. ^-^

And with that our interviews come to the end. ::cute:

~Marian.
September 23rd, 2013 at 08:10pm