Interview: GlasgowXsmile

I did change my name from Charlie Chaplin to Skarsgard of Sweden. It just fits me better at this point. I'm the same person. I just didn't want to freak you out or anything.

Okay, so I'm sure that you know not to suggest author here. I will not accept them on this post. Please suggest authors here. There is a list of authors that have already been interviewed, and you can find that here.

This time around I got to interview the lovely GlasgowXsmile. She is a talented writer and a very kind person who was a lot of fun to interview. I recommend all of her stories because she is an amazing writer. I do love her story, Endless Summer, the most for some strange reason a little better than the rest.

Okay, now that I got through the short introduction. Let's get to the good stuff, the actual interview. Enjoy!

1. What's the meaning behind your username?
-That's really funny thing hmm I made this mibba when The Dark Knight came out therefore my obsession with the Joker was huge and it was already my AIM username so I'd figure why not? I've been thinking of changing it but I'm too lazy.

2. How long have you been on Mibba?
-Errr. Since 09 if I remember properly so almost five years.

3. Have you ever used any other website(s)?
-hahah oh god yes, Quizilla was my teenage memories, man that website changed so much.

4. When did you start writing? Why?
-I started writing in middle school funnily enough because I wanted to write an Orlando Bloom fanfic and I got bored of reading other people stuff on Quizilla. I think I used to write when I was little but never stories it was poems and lyrics which made me get through being a depressed kid and from moving from NYC to NJ.

5. What are some of your stories and what are they about?
-Oh lord I am crap at these but here I go. I have a lot weirdly enough but I will talk about my recent one which is called Day and Night it has to deal with Teen Wolf's Scott McCall who doesn't get a lot of attention from the fandom at all. It's also a sequel to the story of Hardest Of Hearts which is a Derek Hale story. Day and Night deals with the after math from Hardest Of Hearts when they thought the vampires have settled having getting a new Queen but when Giselle comes into town and tells them other wise.

Noticed is one of my original pieces its a coming tell story for Jay who has fallen in love with Selena the problem is Selena is Hispanic and he knows that them becoming a couple will cause drama in their high school and home lives. An interracial couple would be taboo for the both of them but they are fighting against the norm hoping for the best.

Sullen Girl is also another original work of mine, it's a story about Olivia and how she is dealing with the traumas in her life, she is very stand off to almost anyone that wants to get close to her minus Lucas he has found his way to becoming her friend, just when she starts thinking her life was going gown a great path an unwanted visitor reappears in her life leaving her in a panic mode and Lucas to become more than a friend.

This is Bat Country is a batman fanfic that I wrote with SmilingScarlet. It deals with the Joker and Bane working together to get rid of the batman once and for all but when an Hispanic side kick of Batman comes around she leaves the pair confused as much as Batman.

6. What's your inspiration for writing?
-Honestly lately it's because of the fact that the original stories and fanfics have been none stop with white characters which is harmful to a lot of younger woman and men who are reading these stories. I want POC to know that yes, we are out here and we can be heros, lovers, fighters, hurt, emotional, be in loved, to be looked at as beautiful and wonderful. We don't have a lot to look at in much of the world and Mibba is just showing how society is at the moment. I can give you a list of ten stories that deal with a white female lead and maybe two off the top of my head that deals with any type of WOC. It's really lazy for writers and I am just here to do a duty for us. You dig?

7. Do you like writing original fiction more? Or do you like to write fan fiction?
-Depends on my mood to tell you the truth but I usually enjoy fanfics but it tends to be very stressful. Am I getting the character right? Is this too off the charts? Would this even happen in the show?/ real world ect ect. So I love Original work for many reasons one of them is because I can do whatever the hell I want and two I don't have to feel rushed writing the stories since a lot of people don't follow it anyways.

8. What's your favorite fandom to write about? (Is fandom the correct term I'm looking for?)
-Si, it is. Uh that's funny I would say the Batman world because I had a lot of fun doing that co'write and I could seriously do anything I want in the story it wouldn't have been too much because it's the batman world. You could do anything, shit if you read some of the comics you wouldn't even question it for the most part.

9. Do you have any rituals when you write? If you listen to music, what do you listen to?
-Not really no.

10. When starting a story, what do you do? Do you use an outline? Or do you just kind of write as you go?
-It depends lately I've been writing chapters before I start putting them out and sometimes I'll just write as I go. In my story Hardest of Hearts I actually wrote down on a side blog on tumblr as Olivia which made the story easier to write. I also had an outline for that story too but normally I just write as I go or I'll write a chapter when I'm on my lunch break at work.

11. What is your favorite genre to write about?
-For fanfic it's normally fantasy but with original work I guess it would be dramas. Most of my original work has a lot of drama and social issues in the story so it's a mixed bag to tell you the truth, I got my fingers in a little bit of everything.

12. What's your least favorite genre to write about?
-I guess I'd say action? Is that a genre? I am not too sure I normally just stick to what I know and it deals with a mixed bag of everything but I would go with action. Writing fighting scenes are so fricking impossible.

13. What's your favorite story to read on here?
-See I go through phases so right now it's all One Direction fanfic and before it was Teen Wolf. I had one that dealt with Harry Styles but it deleted but she has a tumblr that she is posting it on it was called Sugar On the Asphalt. It was so interesting and not my normal read and Grace is to die for I could just eat her all up.

Fear of Flying by sandrashameless I usually tend to stay away from white female original characters because of reasons stated above but I liked the story a lot and Zayn actually doesn't get a lot of attention from the fandom either. So I can't really be that picky with the stories that deal with Zayn.

Opposites Distract By a.lovely.disaster I love this story it deals with Zayn and it's great. It deals with his race at times which is ignored by many people or picked on from a lot of the fans sadly. Also it's a WOC which sold the story for me I also think everyone should check it out because it's a well written story! Go go go go! haha

Everything Has Changed by nicky.nicky.nicky. It's a teen wolf fanfic and it's great easy light read also deals with a WOC which is fantastic especially since the show Teen Wolf kills off anyone who is a POC minus Danny and Scott. (Thank god for that.)

Memories By waves another teen wolf story that deals with Issac it's a very interesting read which says a lot about me because I don't like to read Issac stories. Also has a WOC which is a nice touch and I want everyone to read the story, there is a lot of teen angst though! Which who doesn't love?

Fear by SmilingScarlet it's an original work it's a horror story (eeeep!) it's great and the lead character is kind of unlikable which is different from most stories. It deals with devils, demons they are running from their lives and mixed with love!

Oh my word I almost forgot Buildings by testyTypist it's original work and it's fantastic! It has a mixed of everything WOC, Lesbians and depression. The lead is also unlikable but you want her to sort her life out and get better. It's very different from what I've seen on mibba and I think more people should pay attention to the story for real.

14. Which of your stories are the most fun to write?
-This is Bat Country was a lot of fun to tell you the truth and Endless Summer but that's a very trashy story. haha

15. Which of your stories are the hardest to write?
-Sullen Girl

16. Do you ever run into writer's block? What do you do to get over it?
-Hell yes I have and it's still running rampant right now with most of my stories! I just let the stories sit and let my mind go off to other things it's very hard like the chapter will come to me out of nowhere and I'll write. Also I try to keep my mind off the story because if I stress out then I'll never get the story out.

17. Is there any authors on here that inspire you to write?
-All the authors here on mibba I know how cheesy but it's true I've stated above why they make me write.

18. Do you research what you write?
-Yes, of course you have to especially if you're writing about rape victims and dealing with different cultures.

19. Do you like to experiment with your writing?
-Yeah I'll go back and forth with writing first person or third person and writing in more detail but I know I'll just stick to the way I write.

20. Are there any authors that inspire you? (novels, books, etc.)
-Junot Diaz he has made me want to keep writing on this website even when I felt stressed out and felt disgusted by the actions of others.

21. Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers?
-You guys are amazing and I love you! I know I am dreadful because my grammar is crap but you guys stick with me no matter what and I think that is lovely. I know I could be better but you guys haven't judged or treated me like dirt. So I would like to thank you all for being amazing people who deserves all the love in the world with baked goods.

***

Thank you so much. I'm glad that I got the chance to interview you.
September 24th, 2013 at 06:02pm