My Interview With ''radical stars.'' and ''chloecupcake''

Hello everyone. ::mrgreen:

Today's first interview is with radical stars. and her work is amazing. It would awesome if she wrote chaptered stories. You should totally check her out. ::cute:

And these two articles by her which are very helpful. ::cute:
How to Successfully Code a Signature for Mibba
How to Make a Mibba Story Layout

And with that, we reached question time. ::coffee:

01. Would you tell us your full name?

Kaitlyn Briggs with a K and a B, though I don't like it much.

02. How long have you been on mibba?

About two years or so I'd dare say.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

I've posted before on figment and a few others, but never nearly as much as I post here.

04. Since when have you been writing?

Since fifth grade when we had to do a creative writing thing in my English class.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

The few stories I'm still working on are The Void and All its Promises, Dust, The Jar Keeper and An Exodus of the Mind. The Void and All its Promises takes place far past the Earth's atmosphere - in a ship called Exodus, piloted by a madman. It's basically his endeavour to get the passengers of his shuttle where they're meant to be. (It's far more interesting than it sounds, but I'm bad at explaining.) Dust is about a young sorcerer and his mentor. I've not planned much of it, so I can't give a good idea of what it's about really. The Jar Keeper is a three-shot in progress about a man who keeps his soul locked in a jar in his attic, and Exodus is about a scientist whose prize experiment goes awry.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

I'm a huge scifi geek. I'm actually aiming to get a career in aerospace engineering someday, maybe fly out and see it all for myself. I love to write different situations where my characters may or may not become involved in time travel, extrastellar exploration, inhumane experimentation and/or life-altering explosions. Again, scifi geek.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

I lean towards liking my background characters more ethan my mains. May is a character in The Void that has no real use to the story - she's just an extra, unless I need her - but I enjoyed creating her background. It isn't posted yet though. And I liked writing James from Jar Keeper because he's so much different from characters I usually write. He's cold, reclusive, and getting into his later years, and I love writing him.

08. Do you do research before writing?

I do. Especially since I write mostly science fiction. I take time to learn relevant facts to what I'm writing before I write it. The parts of an EVA suit, of a space shuttle, or of the human body - I make sure I know what I'm talking about.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

I'm in love with Fonsi's work as well as others like Necrosocium, disciplus amoris and so many others it's impossible to name them all. Maybe I'll do a rec blog soon. ::wink2:

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

Sometimes. I rarely write romance, so The Death Of and its sequel The Forgotten were different. Romantic tragedies, ugh, give me them all and a box of tissues to cry in. ahahaha.

11. What's the story you're most proud of?

The Void and All its Promises, definitely. I'm so proud that it's getting more love than most anything else I have posted. I've gotten some great feedback on it as well.

12. What is your biggest writing weakness?

I overuse commas, mostly. That's because I see too many stories that barely use them. But another big one is that I really only write science fiction and action, and that's a bit limiting at times.

13. Are you more of a writer or a reader?

I'm definitely a writer. I love to read others' work here, and in real life, but I spend hours every day just writing, just for the hell of it.

14. Do you read all kinds of fiction?

I read original fiction, very rarely fanfiction. I just don't enjoy it much. (I make slight exceptions for Doctor Who fanfics, lul)

15. Do you prefer original fiction or fan fiction?

Original fiction.

16. What's the genre you are most comfortable with?

Sci-fi and action. I'm a space geek and I show it through my writing. Sometimes I jam a little tragedy or romance in there when I'm feeling lively.

17. Which genres and ratings do you prefer when you pick a story to read?

I stick to R and NC-17 stories because with a higher rating, the author can say whatever she wishes to without being ridiculed. She can write about sex, or murder, or necrophilia, and it's allowed. I love variety in reading. As for genre? None. I read any genre.

18. Do you write stories with all kinds of ratings?

Yes. I've written mostly PG-13 or R-rated stories in past, but every now and then a G or NC-17 story crops up in my Mibba bookcase.

19. How often do you update?

Fairly often, though not at all regularly. I'm in school and considering I'm shooting for MIT, I need to put my education above all else, including my writing. Sometimes I end stories simply because I've forgotten how to write them, if that makes any sense.

20. Any words for your readers?

Yes. I'd like to say a big thanks to Necrosocium and IndependantKarissa for their kind words on my favourites of my stories. It's nice to see science fiction - origfic, too - getting some love on here again.

21. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

Orson Scott Card. Good Lord I love Ender's Game. It's the one book I could read forever. In fact, I'm reading it again now.

-Thanks for interviewing me. ^-^
-Thank you so much for your time. It was fun interviewing you and learning things about you.

_____________________________________________

Moving on to the net interview for the day, we have in our company chloecupcake. Chloe writes both kinds of fiction and her short writings are pretty good.

01. Would you tell us your full name?

My full name is Chloe darling. I think middle names are overrated. (;

02. How long have you been on mibba?

Almost a year. (I think)

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

No, not really.

04. Since when have you been writing?

A couple years. Many people think I can't but I can. (:

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories?

I guess they are all about love. Love can be a good thing and a bad thing.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

Reading other stories or what I am feeling. Everyday is different just like each chapter I write! (:

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

Ruby. I think. I just love her...but I haven't written a lot about her. She's in my new story Fragments of Us.

08. Do you do research before writing?

Sometimes. Just depends on what I am writing.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

There are a lot I don't think I can name them all.(;

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

I try them but they don't always work

11. How often do you update?

I use to update a lot but school and stuff got in the way and I have not been on much in the past couple weeks. /:

12. What's the story you are most proud of?

Heartache or maybe Fragments of Us (I just started that one)

13. Any words for your readers?

Just thanks for everything. They are the best even if they don't always say something...I love you guys anyway. (:

14. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

Amy Reed's- I just love all of her work. I think she is a very talented author. Also Sarah Dessen or Deb Caletti. Wintergirls, The Lovers Dictionary and Why We Broke Up are also great books.

15. What's the story you're most proud of?

Heartache?

16. What is your biggest writing weakness?

A lot...I kind of suck at writing.

17. Are you more of a writer or a reader?

I'm more of a reader(:

18. Do you read all kinds of fiction?

Yes but I like realistic fiction the best.

19. Do you prefer original fiction or fan fiction?

Both actually i can't pick....they're both really great.

20. What's the genre you are most comfortable with?

Tragedy I guess. I mean it what ever relates to me I guess.

21. Which genres and ratings do you prefer when you pick a story to read?

Tragedy or romance....or whatever lol I don't really know. I mostly read the ones about hockey.

22. Do you write stories with all kinds of ratings?

Yes, I don't think it matters I guess. If I don't like it I just stop reading it. :#

23. How often do you update?

Not very often right now. \:

And with that, once again we reached the end.
~Marian.
September 24th, 2013 at 06:39pm