My Interview With ''Miss.Bryant''

Hello everyone. ::mrgreen:

Before I get to the interview, I'll tell you: a) where you can recommend other authors for me to interview as well as what you'd like to know about them (your own personal questions), and b) where you can find all the links for the interviews. I will always put this reminder here at the start of every interview for all of you to know. So, here's the link.

Now, it's the time all of you have been waiting for. Time to start the first interview of the day with the lovely mibbian Miss.Bryant. She writes purely original fiction and she has all different kinds of stories, My favorite one by her are Daddy's Little Doll and Gynophobia. ::inlove:

She used to be ablogger but its been years since she posted a blog entry. Let's encourage her to come back on that part of Mibbs by commenting on her profile. ::cute:

And with that, we reached question time. ::coffee:

01. Would you tell us your full name?

I'm not fond of my first name so I'd prefer not to. Though, you can call me A.J Bryant, or Miss.Bryant.

02. How long have you been on mibba?

I have been on Mibba since I was... fifteen, I'm 21 now. Though, I have been on hiatus because of college for the past two years.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

I have posted on other sites but ultimately I come here to post. Someone actually took my work once and posted to another site, but let's not get into that.

04. Since when have you been writing?

Since forever.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

I feel like there is just way too many stories I post! Here are the ones I loved writing.

Keeping Secret- Grayson has always loved the boy Quinn. Quinn has always loved the boy Grayson. The problem is Quinn on the outside hates Grayson and the same for Grayson as well. They never say different nor act different. Grayson is trying to get over these feelings while Quinn is thinking of letting them out. What happens when two boys try to deny and accept the feelings that both of them have?

I don't need friends- Jayden Morgan used to be a somebody. A popular girl who knew everyone and everyone knew her. But people seemed to get... tired of her. Slowly fading out of her life one by one. When a new person entered she would fear the day they left. So one day she said, "What's the point? They are going to leave me anyway.". From that day she shunned everyone that came near her. Not getting close to anyone at all. It didn't help that her old so called friends didn't seem to care. Or that the girl that she had loved left her so easily too. Unrequited love and tears went wherever she went. But when she almost gets hit by a girl on a motorized scooter how does her life began to warp?

Gynophobia- This is the story that centers around a boy named Nathan, venturing into the first chapter you learn about the dynamics of his life. A father, a sister and a mother who has been touching him since he was a young boy. Now going into his senior year of high school, he has not spoken since he was young. Due to the cruelty of his mother he now has gynophobia. Delve into this story and learn about his life and trials. Also, how he learns how to love for the first time.

My English Tutor Warrick- This story is the first installment of a series that is about to be restarted. Kaleb is spending his summer being tutored because of his unusual bad grades. This is where he meets Warrick, who had earlier saved him from the torments of his bully. He doesn't warm up easily and fights him the entire way. Follow Kaleb on his journey of self-discovery and misadventures.

Daddy's Little Doll- Peyton has a huge secret. A secret only her and her dad knows. Her daddy loves to touch her. Ever since her mother died before Peyton turned six her father started to "comfort" himself with her. As soon as she realized that Daddies and Daughters don't normally do that she became distant. She went to summer camp and meet Dylan Merr. She fell in love with him and they kept going to camp for a couple of years until it was the summer before twelfth grade. Dylan wanted to take it a step further and they did. Peyton found out she was pregnant and when she told him he didn't talk to her. Her father kept her home until she could deliver the baby and she had to keep her. Her name is Maybell. Now Peyton has to go back to school. She's going to began the twelfth grade and she wanted to keep her head down. Un/Fortunately for her, she doesn't.

Hello Kitty Panties? Why Hello...- This is a two part story following the life of Scarlette. She is your average high school student. Great grades, head cheerleader and the only admitted lesbian in her entire school. Hated and teased by her peers besides her two best friends, she keeps her head held high not letting others bother her. It isn't until she meets the new girl in school that she is baffled by someone for the first time. Instead of the automatic hate, she is given a smile. Now trying to figure out the new girl at school Violet she falls ever so hard and takes her on another high school life adventure.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

I love every one of my characters. But, if I had to choice... I would say in order from my first story to the last, Scarlette, Peyton, Jean (Kaleb's advisor), Dayton (Nathan's nurse), Reagen (Romantic Interest) and Quinn. For the first two, they are my main characters, they are what makes the story in my opinion what it is, especially Peyton. Also, I kind of put Peyton through hell and I can never make up for that... until her next two stories. ;D I love Jean! He is the all-knowing character with witty remarks and a pot head that thinks it's not his vice. He is the person who accepts Kaleb as he is and just wants to help him, no matter whose buttons he has to push. Dayton is similar to Jean except he is an adult and he is the teacher that every teacher should be. He is the man who will make you a cup of warm tea and let you pour your heart out without judgment. Well, that is until the second installment, but really he is still like that. Reagan, oh, what can I say for this abrasive woman. She is how I wanted to be, spunky and full of spirit, the girl who could be friends with everyone and if not it was no lose. Quinn is tricky as I am still actually writing for this and have no completed this. He is my favorite because I as the writer know everything about him. In comparison to the other main character, Quinn in my opinion is more complex. He thinks more with his heart than his head.

08. Do you do research before writing?

I do not, well, for certain things. I usually just write what I am feeling at the time and if I just so happen to need to look something up I will.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration? What inspired you to write each story?

I love Mrs.Harris, I believe it's mrs. She is the writer of the Sookie Stackhouse Series. Also the Mercedes Thompson Series. Both are supernatural series. Though, I do write supernatural stories I mostly write them by hand. So I have not really posted them on here besides two stories in which they are of the vampire genre. I have tried werewolves because of them but have no found that successful. Vampires were my love at one point. Kind of still are.

For each story, it all started with an intense feeling. Mostly the feeling of dealing with rejection or love that I just wasn't comfortable admitting. Sometimes, it is just because an idea that pops into my mind but it usually is the first reason. The ones that are about the harder issues, it is because I thought of things that people have not really spoken about, the side of the person who isn't asked. Not because people don't care, but they don't think to ask.

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

Pretty much everything I wrote about I haven't experienced. Well, besides the aspect of forlorn love and personal loneliness. There is no genre I would not explore, at least I believe that now. This is because I am a very open person and interested in the world and what exactly I haven't seen or learned yet.

11. What's the story you're most proud of?

I am most proud of Daddy's Little Doll. This is because I just feel so much for Peyton though she really is the most bullied of my characters. This is because it was my first story that included such a hard topic to discuss and it was received so well. It made me smile every day to see comments saying they loved my writing. Scarlette's story also did this but it was a simpler story.

12. What is your biggest writing weakness?

My biggest writing weakness is that I get into funks with my writing. I'll stop for an extended time.

13. Are you more of a writer or a reader?

More of a writer, that is because the stories that I had been reading seem to have been forgotten by it's writer or hiatus. Also, when I log onto mibba now-a-days it is usually fan-based literature. I am not into it. I'm into original stories and that also seemed to be whitling down.

14. Do you read all kinds of fiction?

I mostly stick to supernatural readings or teenage genre.

15. Do you prefer original fiction or fan fiction?

I love original fiction.

16. What's the genre you are most comfortable with?

I am most comfortable with supernatural I guess.

17. Which genres and ratings do you prefer when you pick a story to read?

I like femmeslash and the saucier the better. I can't find that genre outside the internet. I'm not asking for plain NA but like something with more meaning than is just said.

18. Do you write stories with all kinds of ratings?

I do, though, they do tend to turn saucy.

19. How often do you update?

I have no updated in the past couple of years. I have occasional falling ins and outs. I have periods of writers block, which is more like love block. The times I write the most is when I am in a successful/failing relationships and I let the ins and outs help me have inspiration, though, that is not on purpose. I am currently going to try coming out of hiatus and finally get to the bottom of Nathan, Kaleb as well as several others. Perhaps even start a new story, all depending on my scheduling. Also, I need a new laptop to write, that is also a big reason I haven't written in forever.

20. Any words for your readers?

Sorry for the long hiatus! Broken laptops, hearts and bad grades contributed to my bad non-writing habit. I hope to be back on the scene soon!

21. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

No author has ever really inspired me to write but I will say this and I kind of hate to admit it. Stephanie Meyer's Twilight is what got me into writing the vampire genre in the first place. Though, I now do not like her works. I will say she helped to start my writing. If I never read that I would never have started writing more serious and there would be none of there stories.

^-^ Thanks again for interviewing me! ^-^

And with that our interview come to the end. ::cute:

Thank you so much for your time Miss.Bryant. It was fun interviewing you and learning things about you.

I hope all of you enjoyed this interview as much as I did.
Have fun reading her stories here.

~Marian.
September 25th, 2013 at 06:05pm