Without a doubt, worst day of my life.

You know how I said that the GED pre-testing was today? Well, I went.

I have been nervous about it since I found out the date. I've been brushing up on my math skills, not really bothering with the English. I mean, come on.

So, I dressed comfortably and took everything I'd need (pencils, photo identification, etc). When I got there, I had to wait for a little while before I began testing.

I finished withing twenty minutes, and felt super proud of myself. I was psyched, knowing I had passed. Turns out, they gave me the wrong test.

I had to go back and take two more tests, one math and one English. The woman came and took my math test after I completed it. Once I finished my English test, I gave the woman that. She said, "I hope you did as good on that as you did with the other one," which gave me hope.

She finished grading my English test and told me I passed. So, I called my mom to tell my step-dad to come pick me up. While he was on his way, I called my dad to tell him that I passed. Everyone was so proud of me, and I was even proud of myself.

I was about to leave when the woman recalculated my test scores. She told me she was sorry, that I had passed the math, but failed the English by ten points. I was so pissed! I felt like crying. The entire ride home, I was thinking, "This is just perfect. The writer fails the English pre-test."

When I got home, I sat down on my mom's bed and just stared off into space. I told her I was going to make some noodles. While my noodles were cooking and I changed clothes, my mom got a phone call. It was from the supervisor of the tests. She told my mom that the woman who graded me was new, and that I actually had passed both tests.

So! That was my day.
September 26th, 2013 at 03:24am