No backspace day + boy advice, or something like that?

Hey, Mibbians! How are you? I'm going to ramble some, but first, there's this.

She Said Poptarts mentioned in her blog that it would be awesome if we had a day where we just didn't use backspace and we typed everything exactly as we thought it. I think that would be so cool, we should do it. Only problem is, we aren't sure if it would be considered by the staff to be chat speak. Does anyone know? Would anyone be interested in doing this? :D

Now I'll ramble a little. Okay, so I live in a pretty small city with not much to do for people my age. BUT we have an awesome little card shop downtown. The front of the store is mostly puzzles, as they take up a ton of space, with card games and all that stuff. You know, non-typical board games (meaning not like Life or Monopoly) and non-video games. Then there's a wall of comics. And in the back is a bunch of tables for people to play their games. Well, I hang out there on Tuesdays and play Magic the Gathering with the guys. By "the guys," I mean the typical Tuesday group. Me, sometimes J&S (my sort-of-friend and ex boyfriend, they're dating and started dating around ten minutes after S and I broke up; I go to school with them), Kason (A friend from school, he's a grade below me; I'm calling him Kason after a character in a story of his I read), Joe (a guy from school who I hardly know; he learned to play on monday), KC (I call him this because his real name is also initials, so it works; he's a grade below me and we talk a little at school, but don't know each other that well), Scotty (a kid who is 2 grades below me and pretty funny; I'm calling him Scotty because he reminds me of the Star Trek character somehow), Bryan (he's 30something and is the one who taught me the basics of the game and also who made my deck), basically only at tournaments there's Murphy (someone who's at least 30 and has been playing since at least high school and is really good; I'm calling him Murphy just because his real name reminds me of that) and. David Hasselhoff (this guy i met I think last week, he's a freshman in college and quite possibly my favorite person there; he was introduced to me as David Hasselhoff because he was a lifeguard and just loves Hasselhoff or something). I suppose there's also Z, who works at the store and sometimes plays but mostly just has us watch the store so he can go smoke. So there's a lengthy intro to the group. J&S aren't always there and I prefer when they aren't because I'm more comfortable without them.

So I go on Tuesdays and hang out and play Magic. Yesterday (yes, Tuesday) I went and it was so fun! Normally I go with J&S (before S came along I just went with J and things were better) but yesterday I went by myself. I somehow managed to get there at the same time as Hasselhoff, KC, and Scotty (who rides with KC). We were the only ones playing because oddly enough, Bryan wasn't there for once.

I played a couple of games with Hasselhoff and lost each time because his decks are all pretty good and he's a much better player than I. But he helps me a lot, like gives me tips and stuff. I'm not sure if I mentioned before, but I'm rather new to the game. He said I looked really familiar. Scotty was sarcastic, like "Well she does come here..." And H (H is for Hasselhoff) said "Well I know that. I mean other than here." And I mean, he looked vaguely familiar but I assumed it was because I saw him last week. He started asking what grade I'm in/school I go to. He was a senior last year when I was a junior and we went to the same school. He asked which classes I had last year. I said the first one (English) and he immediately asked which teacher I had. I told him and he was like "Yeah, I had the locker above you!" I didn't remember him, so I seemed surprised I guess. He said exactly where our lockers were, and he was right, so I was like "Whoa, that's cool." He said "Yeah, remember? I always used to nearly hit you in the head with the door or my knee." I thought about it for a bit and started to remember him. How could I forget all the near head trauma? That was also when I found out his real first name (which I won't say on here). And he gave me college advice even though I didn't ask for it. I learned about his life plans and he told amazing, corny jokes that became our inside jokes for the night. He kept saying "I'm gonna touch your heart.. literally" and stuff (he wants to be a cardiac surgeon) and it made us both laugh every time but the other guys were confused.

Then we played a 4 way. I don't think I mentioned, but KC left at some point. J&S showed but left after about a minute (they were disappointed that I was fitting in and having fun; they wanted me to be awkward and need to be saved). So it was me, H, Scotty, and Z. A 4 way is just a game with 4 people. Z attacked H first, so I decided to join and get him (even though he helps me a lot... that's just our friendship... and the game). H for some reason didn't attack me even though that would have been his best move and I attacked him the worst. Scotty joined in on attacking H and he was soon dead. Then Z and I attacked Scotty and he died soon. My mistake; Z smashed my face in. But it was still so fun. I like games with more people rather than one on one. But one on one games with H are fun no matter what, I don't even care that I lose every time. Not sure why.

I played a few one on one games with Joe, beat him, but helped him and all. H watched and gave us both (but admittedly mostly me) guidance. Then we played a 3 way. Scotty was changing up his deck so he didn't play. The game was me, H, and Joe. H and I got Joe out first then H got me.

Tuesdays are tournament nights and somehow the guys, meaning H, convinced me to play. He let me borrow one of his decks that's a little better than mine and we played a game so he could show me some stuff with it. So I stayed till 7 when it started. Murphy showed up. We only had 4 people (Me, H, Murphy, Scotty) so we all played each other. First it was me and Murphy. You have to get best 2 of 3 with each person. Murphy first told me new players always get their.faces smashed in the first few tournaments, the other guys agreed. He definitely smashed my face in. But he gave me tips and all.

So after that I played Scotty. He helped a little but apparently somewhat cheated (It wasn't quite cheating, the guys would do it to each other and it would be fine, but H is like oddly protective of me and wanted him to pay), so next round H helped me (Scotty said it was okay) and I won. Third found we agreed that H wouldn't help me but he couldn't stop himself and had to help a little. I won that round too, meaning I won 2/3 and beat Scotty.

Lastly, I played H. The first round he couldn't stop himself from helping me even though if he helped too much I could win the tournament. Not sure why he wants so badly to help me, make sure I make no beginners mistakes or even normal person mistakes. But he beat me in the first round. In the second round he actually didn't help me. I'm sure it was partially luck, but I used the things he showed me and beat him quickly and badly. It was awesome. He was both proud and the like.surprised or something. I just had an awesome combo card and acted fast. In the third round, he didn't help again and I had some good moves that I wasn't quite able to play yet when he beat me. That round was rather close, but he won overall.

They took the top 2 (H and Murphy) and they got the prizes (card packs). Well, H decided to take the ones he particularly wanted and then give me a bunch of awesome cards. Yeah, I don't know why. I mean, he keeps a bunch of cards for trading so he should have put them in there. But whatever works for him, I suppose. Then I had to leave, because my parents were picking me up. The guys played for a while longer but I didn't want to keep my parents waiting, since it was 9:30something and they had to work.

So I got home. There's this guy, I'll just call him R, who has a huge crush on me (he's very open about it with me). He called after I got home and I decided to be nice and answer. We talked a bit and he mentioned college. He goes to a tiny college in town. It's the same one where H goes. I mentioned that one of the guys from the store goes there. R asks his name and I tell him (I'll say that H's name is super common). R is like "Oh, I think one of my yu-gi-oh friends has that name. Short hair?" So I'm like, "Yep. Curly?" And R is like "Oh, nevermind. I'm thinking (guy with similar name)." We drop the subject.

WELL. Today at lunch R texts me and is like "So (H) and I have all our classes together." Mibba, I gave a highly vague description (male with curly hair) and he has a common name. Apparently R asked a guy with that name and curly hair if he knew me and it happened to be H. So H is like "Oh, yeah! I met her at (store), we play magic together. She totally beat me last night." Uhhh, once out of HOW MANY GAMES? At least 15. We played from 3:30 to 7, then during the tournament. And in the 4 way I took at absolute most half his life, so I did not beat him.

That brings us to about now. I didn't really mean for this to be all about H, but alright then. Uhhh, can anyone maybe tell me why H is so protective of me and wants to help me so much? Like he apparently only wants me to lose to him and even then he hates beating me. He wants me to win even though he's admitted he doesn't want to lose to a girl. Why would it be okay to lose to me, a girl? I dunno, man. Like, why is he so nice/helpful? And why would he admit that I beat him (not even mention all the times I lost) if he hates losing to girls? I don't even know, man.
September 26th, 2013 at 06:32am