HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST PERSON EVEEEER

So she may be on somewhat of a hiatus right now, but this a happy birthday blog dedicated to my Mibba biff ignite this angel. I've given her a lot of crappy presents in the time that I've known her (four years? omfg that's ages) -- one year I used Paint to make her a photo, one year I wrote her a shitty poem full of awful jokes and one year I forgot it altogether (heh) -- and this year I did that crappy thing and almost forgot it again. I had all these plans too (I was going to update Pesky Little Words because we share a common love of Harry Potter) but I ran out of time because her birthday unfortunately coincides with Grand Final time in Australia and I am a nutter when it comes to the footy.
SO I'M DOING THIS INSTEAD.

She's put up with a lot of crap from me. She was originally a reader of one of the crappiest stories in history (one of mine... oh my gosh, how I cringe when I remember it) and I was going through that phase where I replied to everyone, and yep... it went on from there. I have an unfortunate habit of giving everyone nicknames in my head (I've probably given most of you one that I'm too embarrassed to tell you) and within the first month or so of talking to her I'd accidentally called her Iggy Piggy.

It was actually from a book I had called Iggy Piggy Goes to the Beach and I sort of drew it from the ignite bit in her username, and she was appalled when I mentioned it (I have a problem with blurting things that I should keep in my head) but she put up with all of the farm animal related jokes and for the most part, me likening her to a pig.

But Shauna (I'll make a habit of calling her that now because she'll kill me if you all start calling her Iggy) is the bomb and not only is she an amazing writer but she's also hilarious and actually puts up with my dumbass comments. I forget that she's younger than me sometimes because I have the maturity of a five year old boy but yep... she's turning eighteen.

So this is for Shauna. For being my Google and making my tumblr layouts and listening to my rants. HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Canadian birthday this time, because your Australian birthday was yesterday and I already said it to you. I hope you have a super awesome amazing day and people leave you alone at Uni and you don't have that much work to do.

If you're feeling lovely, readers, wish Shauna a happy birthday here or comment on one of her stories: Cynefin, The Lovers or our co-write Panacea. She deserves lots of attention because she barely gets any recognition and I nearly forgot her birthday too.

I'll link her to this later and she can get her ass on Mibba and hopefully not cringe over this journal.

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY IGGY PIGGY. HAVE A FANTABULOUS DAY.
- your crazy Aussie friend.
September 26th, 2013 at 02:22pm