My Interview With ''losing control.'' and ''I666'

You know the drill by now, don't you? I'm gonna start the day by interviewing losing control. She writes the best drabbles I've ever had the chance to read.

And with that, we reached question time. ::coffee:

01. Would you tell us your full name?

Well, when I first joined Mibba I was all paranoid about being on the internet so Lizz, or Elizabeth, is my middle name. My first name is Eden. You don't get my last name though ::tehe: .

02. How long have you been on mibba?

I think I'm coming up on three years this November.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

Not currently. I started on Quizilla, and I have a Wattpad account, but I don't use them.

04. Since when have you been writing?

I started writing seriously when I was 13. When I was 8, I won 2nd prize in a writing contest, but I was never really serious about it until I was 13.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

Oh gosh. I usually just write one-shots and drabbles, which are all pretty dark and kinda depressing. As for my chaptered stories, That Summer is basically a cliche summer romance, Diary of A Lonely Emo Princess Who Has Everything But Hates Everyone And Everything is a parody co-write with alexander bernadotte where we made The Little Mermaid all emo-like, Close to Her Heart hasn't been updated in forever but it's also kind of cliche and romance-y, and Aphrodite is about a mysterious girl and the boy who gets lost in her mystery.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

I read a lot of YA books, so they inspire me a lot. Lots of those are summer romances, and reading them is a guilty pleasure of mine, so I decided to write a few. The idea for Aphrodite was inspired by Bambiby pallid. I needed something to write for NaNoWriMo last year, and decided to make a playlist with a bunch of indie-type music and read through some stories here on Mibba, and Aphrodite kind of just formed from that. Emo Princess happened one night forever ago at 2am when Alu and I were talking and thought that would be a fantastic thing to write.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

I love Eric from Emo Princess, Alu writes him so well, it's great. Jack is my favourite character from Close to Her Heart. That story is kind of just a way for me to work on characterization, and I really love how he turned out. I really like Silken in That Summer, because she reminds me a lot of myself in a lot of ways and I love Caleb in Aphrodite. I wrote that story from his point of view and he turned out just as perfect and flawless as I wanted him to.

08. Do you do research before writing?

It depends on what I'm writing. For all of my active stories, not much needs to be researched, so I haven't. If I'm writing about things I don't know much about I will, or else I find everything seems forced and I don't like to read stories like that so I don't expect anyone else to.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

Fair, pallid and alexander bernadotte are three big inspirations for me. Their writing is so amazing and unique and I always get inspired to write lovely things when I read their stories.

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

I do. I was homeschooled most of my life so even writing about a high school is an experiment, but even if I don't post the stories, I like to experiment and try and grow as a writer.

11. What's the story you're most proud of?

Aphrodite. It was the first chaptered story I've ever finished, and the first story where I actually feel like I did a good job with my characters.

12. What is your biggest writing weakness?

Creating a well fleshed out plot. For some reason, when I write chaptered stories, I always seem to find plot holes in the middle of nowhere and then I have to go back to the beginning and figure out how it happened and what to do about it. It takes up so much time.

13. Are you more of a writer or a reader?

I'm a reader. As much as I'd love to be one of those people that writes super awesome things every day, it never happens. I read a lot.

14. Do you read all kinds of fiction?

I don't, actually. I've never been a huge fan of fanfiction.

15. Do you prefer original fiction or fan fiction?

Original fiction, because it seems like a lot of the fanfiction on here kind of expects you to know the character or world that they're writing about, which makes sense, but I really love getting to know characters and settings. I identify with characters a lot, and when it's a famous person who I've heard of, I feel like I already know them and have nothing in common with them, or I just don't know who the person is and it never gets explained in depth, so I can't identify with them either.

16. What's the genre you are most comfortable with?

I really like writing tragic things. Almost all of my stories are about broken relationships or broken people. I like playing with people's lives, haha.

17. Which genres and ratings do you prefer when you pick a story to read?

I'm a sucker for cliche romances. And anything that's really original is always fun to read.

18. Do you write stories with all kinds of ratings?

I tend to stick around the PG-13 rating. None of my stories are ever too graphic or anything.

19. How often do you update?

That's a fantastic question. It really depends, I tend to get random bouts of writer's block, so I can go for months without updating things. I try and update something or post a new drabble/one-shot at least once a week though.

20. Any words for your readers?

You guys are fantastic. I wouldn't be where I am in my writing if it wasn't for you guys and all of the con crit and encouragement you've given me. Thanks. ::inlove:

21. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

John Green is a big inspiration of mine. I love that guy.

-Thanks for interviewing me! ^-^
-Thank you so much for your time losing control. . It was fun interviewing you and learning things about you.

____________________________________________________

Starting the next interview in line with I666.

01. Would you tell us your full name?

Sure, I don't see why not. My full name is Alison Annie-Rose Elliott.

02. How long have you been on mibba?

I've been on since 2010, I think. Probably the winter of 2010. I can't remember clearly because I wasn't on much when I first joined.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

Hm. Not really. I have a few stories up on Wattpad, but none of them are the same stories on here.

04. Since when have you been writing?

I didn't start writing stories until I was around 13. But writing, as in poetry and lyrics, I've been doing for as long as I can remember.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories?

Well, let's see. 'Snow' is basically about life and relationships, and kind of just the way the world is. It really reflects on the bad parts of the world though. There's a lot of negativity in that story. The narrator is a very pessimistic guy.

'Half Moon Hotel' is a love story. A twisted, very odd love story. But a passionate one nonetheless.

'Tainted' has a lot summed up in the name. How one can taint you and your entire existence; seep into your veins like venom.

'The Killing Business' is something unlike my other stories. It's about vampires and faeries and witches. A total fun fantasy thing with a badass main character to boot.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

My inspiration mostly draws from music. I really get a lot of ideas just from hearing a certain verse in a song. That and I'd say photos inspire me too, to a certain extent. That and just my own life experiences. I draw a lot just from the way that I think and the way I see things.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

That's a really tough one. I'd say Velvet from 'The Killing Business' is a character I really like because she's really cool and kind of careless, sorta reckless and I like the way she bounces off of other characters in the story. Like, you never really know what she's gonna do next.

In 'Snow' my favorite character is the narrator. He's so pessimistic and obnoxious that it's comical in a way. I think. A very dark humor.

'Half Moon Hotel' I'm tied. There's really only two main characters and I really love them both. So I'm not sure.

And I'd have to say the same thing for 'Tainted' honestly. I can't choose.

08. Do you do research before writing?

I do sometimes. It depends on what I'm writing about. A lot of times I write from personal experience so I don't need to do research. But there's been times I've had to look things up for reference.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

Yes. There is. The user 'pallid.' I love her work and I would recommend it to anyone. She's gifted, really.

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

I do, I do. I often try to write outside my comfort zone. I think it's a fun challenge. Though I can't say it's always successful.

11. How often do you update?

I don't update nearly as often as I'd like to. My inspiration for stories come and go like the tides of the sea. Sometimes they drown me and I write out four chapters in a day. And other times my inspiration is as dried up as sand and I can't get anything out.

12. Any words for your readers?

I'm not sure I have many readers. But hey, if anyone wants something out of the ordinary, my stories fit the bill. And if I do have any readers, you know, thanks for the support.

13. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

Right now, I'm heavily into J.R.R. Tolkien. But Chuck Palahnuik has been a huge inspiration for me. Another I would have to name would be Kim Harrison because her Hollows series is the reason I gave the vampire/fantasy thing a go. I really, really love The Hollows.

14. What's the hardest story you've ever wrote?

Hm. They all get hard at some point, really. I can't think of any that were more difficult than others.

15. What does writing mean to you?

It's an escape, really. I usually say it's just a hobby, but it does mean a bit more to me than that. I do it mainly because I enjoy it. I'm a very creative person and I like to do pretty much anything that involves creating something.

16. About what was the first story you ever wrote? Could you tell us a little bit more about it?

I think I barely remember it. I was like 11 or 12, so it was awhile ago. I do believe it was a vampire romance though.

17. What's the story you're most proud of?

OOoooh, god. I don't know. That's tough. Um. Probably 'Snow' even though I haven't even written half of it yet.

18. What is your biggest writing weakness?

Um. Honestly, I don't really know. I have a weakness for writing obscure poetic stories. Yeah.

19. Are you more of a writer or a reader?

Definitely more of a writer. I do read, though. Just not as often as I'd like.

20. Do you read all kinds of fiction?

Yes.

21. Do you prefer original fiction or fan fiction?

I like both, really. So long as it's written well and it's interesting. I'm quite the sucker for Green Day fan fiction.

22. Do you write stories with all kinds of ratings?

Eh, they're mostly rated R or NC-17. I'm terrible.

23. What's the genre you are most comfortable with?

Drabble. Heh.

24. Which genres and ratings do you prefer when you pick a story to read?

I don't know if I have preference but admittedly I wouldn't click on anything that was rated below R.

25. Is there a certain place you like to be when you write? Something you have to do in order to concentrate on writing?

I'm usually in my bedroom at my computer. I haven't really written anywhere else. I think I've written small excerpts in the car. I have to have music though. That's a must.

26. In which of the characters you created, do you see yourself? (If there is a character like that)

Oh wow. Well, I don't have this story posted up on here yet, but there's a character named Aaron that I created who is a lot like myself, I'd say.

27. When you have writer's block, what do you do to get back to writing?

Usually nothing. Lmao. Usually I'll just leave it be and come back to it a few days (or weeks) later.

28. If you were a character in a novel, how do you think you would be? Is there a character of a published novel which could be you?

I'd be the short-tempered, reserved one with model good looks.

29. Which is your favorite character from a published novel?

I don't know! That's hard. Probably Al from The Hollows series. I kinda have a crush on him. Shh.

And with that our interviews for the day came to an end.

~Marian.
September 26th, 2013 at 04:51pm