Interview: La Notte Dei Demoni

As you know, I don't accept suggestions on here. If you want to suggest an author for me to interview, please do it here. There is a list of authors that already have been interviewed, and you can find that here. Thank you for understanding.

I got the chance to interview the lovely La Notte Dei Demoni. She is a really talented and kind person. I suggest that you go read her stories, Android Girl and Disarm. They are both really good stories.

Okay, I know that you don't want to read the whole introduction which I'm sure that I can go on all day about. Here is what you really want, the interview. Enjoy!

1. What's the meaning behind your username?
-My username, La Notte Dei Demoni, it was the Italian title for one of my favourite 80's horror movies - Night of the Demons. I was Demoni beforehand, which was the Italian title of 'Demons' movies which were also from the 80's and directed by Dario Argento, a horror maestro.

2. How long have you been on Mibba?
-I have been here for about six years now! I'm eighteen now, and I signed up when I first started reading My Chemical Romance fanfiction.

3. When did you start writing? Why?
-I started writing when I was very young - I have these old comic strips about dogs and vampires from when I was about 4 or 5 years old. My first real foray into fanfiction came when I was around 10 or 11 and I had a huge crush on Bruce Campbell, who plays Ash in the original Evil Dead movies. They were pretty bad, but I loved writing and it ignited my passion for making stories and basically having fun with it all.

4. What are some of your stories and what are they about?
-I have a story called 'Two Days' and it is about a serial killer getting out of prison, and deciding to get revenge on the man who abused him as a child and warped him into what he is. There are sequels to that story which explore what happened after the first one.
'Breaking Souls' and 'Blood Art' both also explore murder and the lengths that psychopaths will go to torture their victims.

'Dead Weight' is a story of a domestic abuse victim who attempts to break free from her husband, and is helped by a kind soul. There is also a sequel, 'Zero Zero' which is on-going and continues the story.

'Android Girl' is a story about a dystopian future, inspired by Blade Runner, it features an Android who longs to feel like a human, and explores the extent of her manufactured mind.
All of the above mentioned feature MCR, there is also a Pete Wentz fic, 'Bones', which features witchcraft and unrequited love.

5. What's your inspiration for writing?
-Other books, and also movies. When I am writing, it is like watching a movie in my head and writing what I see, what the characters can feel. Music is also a big inspiration, and so powerful, it's clear to see how it can inspire whole fics. It's that feeling of emotion washing over you - whether it be sadness, hope or happiness; I think that fiction and music are very alike in that way.

6. Do you like writing original fiction more? Or do you like to write fan fiction?
-I'm definitely more into fan fiction, but I will read original fiction, and I am writing an piece of OF, so that's in the pipeline.

7. What's your favorite fandom to write about?
-My Chemical Romance is my primary fandom, or bandom. I also write Fall Out Boy fanfiction, which I am only just publishing now. I would love to write more game-oriented fanfiction. I love Mass Effect, Dead Space and Resident Evil. I would love to write something about those.

8. Do you have any rituals when you write? If you listen to music, what do you listen to?
-I listen to 8Track.com playlists, but I also have favourite artists whom I listen to. Lana Del Rey is my favourite to listen to right now, I also listen to Feist, Death Cab For Cutie, M83, Deftones, Slowdive and some assorted movie soundtracks!

9. What is your favorite genre to write about?
-I adore writing about serial killers. I'm not sure if they fit in with the crime section, but yeah they're also romances...really warped, haha. I love horror, and I would like to scare people, but I don't think I'm really suited to the horror genre, even if I adore it. Romance is something that I want to write, but I always end up making it more macabre than romantic.

10. What's your favorite story to read on here?
-I have a few favourites. MCArmyWife's stories, anything by birds ate my face. , 'Saint Gerard of New Jersey' by Usako and 'The Nameless' by ScantilyClad. I don't read too much on Mibba, but when I do I subscribe and recommend the stories!

11. Which of your stories are the most fun to write?
-I think 'Two Days' was the most fun to write. It was also my first completed story on mibba!

12. Which of your stories are the hardest to write?
-I would say 'Android Girl' - it takes a lot of focus for me, to keep black and white emotion out of the story, and yet have some sense of emotion at the same time. It's strange to put yourself in the position of an android who doesn't have human 'emotions'.

13. Do you ever run into writer's block? What do you do to get over it?
-I just wait it out, and try to stimulate some kind of creativity. Pushing myself would only produce something forced, I like to run on whatever is driving me at the time.

14. Is there any authors on here that inspire you to write?
-birds ate my face, MCArmywife, press the any button, wildeyedjokers, TheSun and two special ladies who used to post their amazing stories on here.

15. Do you research what you write?
-Yes, I have a story, 'Bones' and I am currently researching the themes of witchcraft. My grandmother used to live in the New Forest in England, near Burley. It fascinated me as a child, as Burley was allegedly the first village in Britain to have witches. I have a great interest in the occult, but have not applied it to a great deal of my writing. With the psychology of violence, I read extensively up on serial killers - the books that Colin Wilson wrote concerning the subject of serial murder are amazing and enthralling.

16. Do you like to experiment with your writing?
-I love to try new storylines, and things that push the envelope. With the murder scenes I try and play on graphic descriptions - but it's balancing the detail and alluding to the nature of murder, and how the reader's own mind creates gruesome images.

17. Are there any authors that inspire you? (novels, books, etc.)
-Poppy Z. Brite, Stephen King, Garth Ennis, Chuck Palahniuk, Richard Matheson, Richard Laymon, Robert Kirkman, Grant Morrison, Chris Carter and R.L Stine.

18. Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers?
-Thanks for sticking around and putting up with my writing - be it good or bad, you guys always make me feel great!

***

Thank you so much! I enjoyed getting the chance to interview you.
September 26th, 2013 at 06:50pm