Interview: overrated.

As always, I'm going to tell you where you can suggest authors for me to interview and where you can find a list of already interviewed authors. You can suggest authors to interview here, and you can find the list of authors here.

I got the chance to interview the lovely author called overrated.. She has many stories out there, but a couple of my favorites are Rebirth and Defiance. Both of them are something that I highly recommend. Go check them out whenever you have time. They are great reads.

I can probably go on and on how great she is which is true. Let's move on to the actual interview. Enjoy!

1. What's the meaning behind your username?
-Someone on here actually called me overrated one time a while back and so as a joke I just changed my username.

2. How long have you been on Mibba?
-Oh wow, since 2007, so roughly six years.

3. Have you ever used any other website(s)?
-I came over here during the big Quizilla move. This has been the only site I've really posted on since then. Though I have been known to post a few things on tumblr.

4. When did you start writing? Why?
-I started when I was young, around ten years old. It was just something I always loved. I've always had a huge imagination and was always telling people stories. Writing them down just seemed like the most logical step.

5. What are some of your stories and what are they about?
-I'm all over the place with theme. There always seems to be a supernatural element in my work or even some fun ridiculous writing. For example, my story Defiance is about a group of supernatural creatures coming together to take down a group hellbent on taking over the world. Then I have an upcoming story Clarity which is really about coming of age and finding your place in the world.

6. What's your inspiration for writing?
-I'm inspired by everything: things I see on the street, hear on the radio, the tiniest little things always inspire me.

7. Do you like writing original fiction more? Or do you like to write fan fiction?
-I write a mixture of both. I enjoy original fiction more, being able to create from scratch always fascinates me and I enjoy it. Fan fiction is a way to get away from all of the stress and other factors of real life and everything. Plus, it is pretty fun.

8. What's your favorite fandom to write about? (Is fandom the correct term I'm looking for?)
-I'm mostly in the Avenged Sevenfold and Hockey fandom. Those are my favorite. Though I have dabbled in Bullet For My Valentine and other bands.

9. Do you have any rituals when you write? If you listen to music, what do you listen to?
-I make playlists. I have so many playlists for all of my stories. Each of my stories has a specific feel to it and I use music to help me get in the zone.

10. When starting a story, what do you do? Do you use an outline? Or do you just kind of write as you go?
-It really depends on what I am feeling for the story. My ideas change all the time so I have to be careful with what I plan out. I usually get a solid underlying plot written down in about a page or so. That way I know where I want to go with everything. Then I just write as I go adding what I need for my stories.

11. What is your favorite genre to write about?
-Supernatural hands down will always be my favorite. There is something about these creatures that fascinates me. There are always some sort of set rules like "vampires drink blood" and "werewolves change at the full moon" but other then that you can play around with everything, make them exactly how you want. I always have fun with it.

12. What's your least favorite genre to write about?
-Hm, this is a hard one. I've tried many genres and enjoyed them all for the most part. I guess I'm not a big fan of religious genre. I find it interesting to read about but it's just not my thing.

13. What's your favorite story to read on here?
-My favorite story, by far, is The Nightbook by archipelago. She's writing it as a novel and I find it so amazing. I know how hard she works on it and it definitely shows. It's really amazing.

14. Which of your stories are the most fun to write?
-Either Defiance or Rebirth. Both are so much fun, one about the supernatural and the other about Greek Gods, I can do so much with them and I love it.

15. Which of your stories are the hardest to write?
-I'm goign with the same answer for the previous question. Though they are fun to write, Defiance and Rebirth are difficult. I want to get them perfect so I find myself writing and rewriting everything until I am happy with them.

16. Do you ever run into writer's block? What do you do to get over it?
-Oh goodness all the time! I end up then writing other side stories to get over my writers block which probably isn't a great idea. I have hundreds of unfinished stories on my computer because of it.

17. Is there any authors on here that inspire you to write?
-Of course! I already mentioned archipelago. She and I are constantly on each other about writing. Then there is pawnsinplay. She is someone I talk to every day and she and I are constantly bouncing ideas off one another and getting each other to write.

18. Do you research what you write?
-Definitely. I refuse to go into writing without some form of background knowledge. I want to know everything I possibly can about a subject before writing. Then I continue my research throughout my writing to make sure that I can get everything the way I want it to be.

19. Do you like to experiment with your writing?
-I do! I'm always trying new things, changing details, and pushing myself to do somethings differently. I will always try something once.

20. Are there any authors that inspire you? (novels, books, etc.)
-There are so many authors that I love and inspire me. Bram Stoker for one, Homer, George Orwell, William Golding, JK Rowling, and especially J.R.R. Tolkien. I cannot express how much I idolize Tolkien. I could sit here all day talking about him. He is my writing idol.

21. Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers?
-I would just like to say thank you so much for sticking with me and reading what I write. It means so much to me. I love hearing all that you have to say, positive and negative. You all are so wonderful. Thank you.

***

I know that I have thanked you plenty times before now, but I really am thankful for you taking the time to answer all of my questions. It really means a lot to me.
September 28th, 2013 at 06:06pm