How do you react when someone compliments you? + My lucky cat

I mean this is a serious question. I do not know how to react when someone says something nice about me to me.

Like before someone in work asked if I wore mascara and I said no and they told me how lovely and dark my eyelashes were and because I didn't know what to say I just told them how my eyelashes tend to fall into my eye and blind me and she never spoke to me again.

I just don't know what to say, my mind turns into a giant question mark.

Do you say thank you or does that mean you agree with them and that makes you sound big headed?

You can't say that you disagree with them because then it seems like you're begging for attention.

A guy online before told me I was pretty and I actually replied with "Okay??".

I JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO TALK TO PEOPLE.

Also, I'm sure when people tell you that you've lost weight it's an insult. Like if they said that I looked healthier I would be down with that but saying that I lost weight makes me think that they thought I was fat before.

I don't know I get confused by people.

***

I brought a lucky cat! I wanted one for ages and I was buying stuff from Grindstore and he was on sale for like £2 so I brought him. His paw moves and everything.

The main problem is that I think that it's the goldest thing I have ever seen. It is so shiny that I can see my reflection in it. Which is kinda weird.

Image

This is basically the one I have and do you see what I mean about the gold?
September 28th, 2013 at 09:28pm