My Interview With ''heyjude;;;'' and ''viralstorm''

Hello everyone. ::mrgreen:

Let's start with my interview around heyjude;;;. This girl only writes stories around Avenged Sevenfold and she's doing a great job at it. She's not a blogger which is a shame, but who knows... maybe she'll start writing blog entries if we encourage her a little. Right? Yes, so go to her profile and tell her how awesome it is to be a blogger. ::victory:

On to her stories! Truth be told, I haven't had that much time to read lately, especially Avenged Sevenfold fanfics. But, I checked her story Pieces which is around Zacky Vangeance and it was awesome. I'll read the rest soon so I can comment with my honest opinion there soon. ::smile:

And with that, we reached question time. ::coffee:

01. Would you tell us your full name?

Michelle Marie. You don't get my last name. Sorry. Haha.

02. How long have you been on mibba?

About two years, but I've only begun posting my stories recently.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

No.

04. Since when have you been writing?

Since my junior year of high school. We had to write a novel for my AP English class, and so it begun.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

All of my stories are fan fictions based on romantic relationships. I write about Avenged Sevenfold because they're my favorite band. I try to write stories that I haven't seen before. I write a lot of drama. I mean a lot. If there's any way to make a situation worse, I try to incorporate it. Makes for an interesting story, I think.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

Catfish is pretty straight forward. I saw the show Catfish on MTV and immediately started to wonder how that would play out in a story, especially one with a rockstar who's usually portrayed as a hot womanizer. I couldn't find any other stories similar, so I started to write it out.

Pieces was originally inspired by a spy movie I saw (which I can't remember the name) about a girl who would find these rich guys and use her spy qualities to steal their money either as their assistant or girlfriend. The story was originally written with Violet as a villain out to purposely steal everything from Zack, and eventually she would have a change of heart and fall for him. Halfway through finishing the story in drafts I scrapped the entire plot and changed it so that she starts as the victim, so readers would sympathize with her more.

This is going to sound crazy but the sequel to Pieces, Glass, was actually inspired by Iron Man 3 and The Dark Knight Rises. In both those movies the plot focuses on breaking the hero and watching them fall. In the end of Pieces, Violet becomes a hero by sacrificing herself for her family. I wanted to start Glass by seeing the consequences from her side, and being able to see how she's fallen throughout the past year.

My newest story, Temper, was a long process to start. I have this fascination with the seven deadly sins and wanted to incorporate them into a story somehow. Originally, I chose greed but I felt it compared too much to Pieces. I recently read Burned by Ellen Hopkins and thats how I got the idea to make Eden's father the way he is. I then tied it to anger and wrapped it all up by throwing an age-gap in there because I love drama.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

In Catfish, Brian is my favorite character. For some strange reason I decided to focus more on his character than Jordin, the main character. I went through a lot of personality changes with him and it was really hard to portray him something other than what I was used to reading. I didn't want him to be the typical egotistical womanizer he usually is in stories. I'm really proud of how I created him.

Violet is my favorite character for Pieces and Glass. I really spent a lot of time working out how I wanted her to be portrayed. At some point in the story we see her as the bad guy, but I didn't want readers to hate her. I had to try and balance the good and bad in her, so that the readers wouldn't lose sight of who she really is. I wanted her to parallel Amber, Zack's fiancée, but I wanted to show that deep down she was a good person.

In Temper my favorite is Eden. It was really fun to create someone with so much anger. I also wanted her to be a challenge for Matt. Despite her harsh qualities, I wanted to show that Eden still is just a young girl and she's just looking for someone to care about her. Writing her out in scenes really made me excited for this story.

08. Do you do research before writing?

Absolutely. I think in order for my writing to be realistic, research is required. I watch a lot of movies and shows to see how to portray emotions and personalities so that the readers can connect with a character and try to feel what they're feeling.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

I wouldn't be writing if it weren't for Mockingbird;; Her writing is phenomenal and I've read all of her stories. All of her stories are out of the box father/daughter stories that have you in tears by the end. We became friends through messages and she was the first to hear my story ideas. She was the one to give me the push to get over my fear of criticism and start posting the stories I wanted people to read. She inspired me to start bringing out emotions from people who read my stories. I wanted people to feel the same emotion I felt when reading her work. I definitely wouldn't be where I am without her.

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

Well I think it's safe to say that I haven't experienced any of the stuff I've written about. I'm not a socialite like Violet, I haven't been in a age-gap relationship, and I've certainly never been catfished. I enjoy writing about these things because it kind of takes me into a different world that I'm in, and that's the whole point of writing right? At least to me it is. As for genres, I've never written a supernatural fic, but I really want to. I think they're fascinating but I don't feel like I'm ready yet to write such a complex story with multiple characters.

11. What's the story you're most proud of?

It's definitely a tie between Pieces and Temper. Pieces was my first really complex story. It had a lot of layers, and original characters that I had to create. I felt like I wasn't good enough to write something like that, but it ended up being exactly how I wanted it. I'm also really proud of Temper because I strayed from my comfort zone with this one. I've never written NC-17 or an age-gap story. With this story I find myself going back to read the chapters because I'm so excited for it.

12. What is your biggest writing weakness?

Running out of ideas. Sometimes I get this fantastic idea and I start writing it, and it ends up being a dead end. I've scrapped more stories than you can count on your fingers. Endings are also the worst for me. I'm always scrambling to tie up the lose ends and make sure everyone's happy. It definitely keeps me up at night because I'm always worried I'm not going to be able to finish a story the way I want to.

13. Are you more of a writer or a reader?

A writer. I read a lot but I'm always grabbing ideas from stories. I'll read a story on Mibba and think, what if this were to happen instead? Then my mind wanders and begins to think of a brand new story I'll want to write. I'll go through fifteen story ideas while reading just one story on here on Mibba.

14. Do you read all kinds of fiction?

Yes. I'll read anything as long as it's interesting and written well.

15. Do you prefer original fiction or fan fiction?

I like fan fiction because I feel like I already know some of the characters. I like seeing the same characters put into different situations.

16. What's the genre you are most comfortable with?

Drama. I feel like I really know how to stir up drama. When all else fails I think to myself, what else could possibly happen to make this worse? I'll add about four more dramatic scenes than I originally intended with each story, just because I like to see what'll happen.

17. Which genres and ratings do you prefer when you pick a story to read?

I like dramatic romance. I like seeing people struggle to be together at the end. I'm also a huge sucker for those father/daughter fictions. Not the romantic incest ones, but the typical father/daughter relationships we all kind of have. I think they're so cute and they always make me cry!

18. Do you write stories with all kinds of ratings?

All of my stories so far have been R, just because I use the f-bomb a lot. But I just recently dove into NC-17 with Temper. I'm nervous for people to read it, but I think I'll be okay.

19. How often do you update?

I try to update often. I usually write most of the chapters before I even post the story up. I've never been a fan of subscribing to a story and waiting forever. Sometimes I fall behind, but I try to update at least once a week if I can't do it once a day.

20. Any words for your readers?

Thank you to all of you guys. I was so scared to start writing and you guys welcomed me with open arms and have always had nice words to say. I'm grateful for each and every one of you. I keep writing because of you guys. So thank you.

21. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

I'm a comic book reader. It's all I read. I read anything from Neil Gaiman and all of the Batman authors. A lot of the humor I put in my stories are inspired by skits from the Deadpool comics.

^-^ Thank you so much for asking to do this. ^-^

I hope all of you enjoyed this interview as much as I did.
Have fun reading her stories here.

_____________________________________________________

Moving on to the next in line for today, we have in our company viralstorm. She's a fanfiction chick and she writes mostly One Direction fanfics. Even though I'm not into that band, reading her stories made me feel like I was reading original fics. It's amazing, so all you one directioners and lovers of well written stories, have to check out her writings.

Once again, we reached questioning time. ::coffee:

01. Would you tell us your full name?

Courtney Renee.

02. How long have you been on mibba?

I've been using Mibba under my current username for two years. I use to be crayolaurworld, but I deleted in 2010 before my son was born. So I've been using Mibba for around five or six years.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

I have tried a few other writing sites, but currently only Mibba gets all my lovin'.

04. Since when have you been writing?

I have been writing since I was in elementary school. I started with poems, and then started to write fiction in middle school. It wasn't until I stumbled upon Quizilla in seventh grade that I began to write fan fiction, however.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

I have a good bit of stories on here, so I will tell you about the two I am doing solo at the moment.

Cloudy is a one direction fan fiction. It is based on Tegan, my original character, and Zayn Malik's toxic relationship. She has moved onto someone new, someone who treats her like a queen, when Zayn waltzes back into her life. He is struggling with a couple of inner demons and tends to take everything out on the people who care about him most. Tegan is constantly stuck in this whirlwind where she cannot decide to follow her gut or follow her heart, and eventually her gut takes over. By this time however, Zayn has made some changes in his life. I won't give away the ending. ;)

Sorry State is my baby. I have only posted two chapters at the moment, but I have almost finished it all together. I am just waiting to edit it before posting. This story is an Oliver Sykes fan fiction. In this story, Anastasia is battling drug addiction. Oliver is leading the life of a well known, well off, drug dealer. Despite all of the warnings she received, Ana cannot stay away from him and it may prove to be detrimental. She loses herself in her vices and falls head over heals for Oliver. Unfortunately he proves to be everything everyone said he was, and by the time Ana discovers this she is in far too deep.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

Cloudy was inspired by a relationship a close friend of mine had with an ex-boyfriend. I watched her struggle for a very long time before she finally listened to her brain and got out. I like to think I give her a happier ending in my story though. ;)

Sorry State is inspired by Go Ask Alice. My mom forced me to read it as a teen and I never let it go. It is such an amazing story and I feel like it was time I touched on the harsh reality of parties and drug abuse. It is not always as dazzling as Hollywood makes it, so I wanted to step into a little bit of truth. My mom also struggles with addiction, so I pull a lot of the scenes from memory. I guess you could say there are a lot of personal truths in Ana's tale.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

Right now I am doing a group write with some very talented ladies, they know who they are, and I have fallen madly in love with my character. Jaiden Gallagher is quirky, bubbly, and out of control. She is a film major and very much stuck in her own little world. The poor girl has absolutely no filter and doesn't pick up on social norms. I have a constant smile on my face when I write her chapters and I laugh out loud at all of the witty things she comes up with. She is just so much fun to dive into.

Anastasia is also very dear to me. I feel like she is the realest character I have ever written. She isn't perfect and she makes so many mistakes. I've watched her get up and fall down repeatedly, but I have also watched her fall down and stay there. I think a lot of authors forget that not everyone can find the will to keep moving forward, and Ana does. She is more human than most of the characters that I have developed and I feel like her story will touch a lot of my readers.

08. Do you do research before writing?

Yes! I research maps, locations, house plans, etc. I do a lot of character mapping and if I can't write the first three chapters without a glitch, then I put it aside for later inspiration. I also find pictures of my characters before I begin. I think having a face before having a name really helps me stay true to character.

I've done a lot of research on universities, but most of my research is done googling things about small towns in England. I like to know what their accents would sound like, how they would get to England if need be, what route they would take, things like that.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

There are a few. CharmedLuna is actually who got me to Mibba, and I am always floored by her work. Cliche-Trite is my absolute favorite. How she has managed to bespell me with only three characters I will never know. Then there is aboutfalling, the girl is insanely talented. I have so much respect for her, and every single time I am reading her updates I sit on the edge of my seat and want to cry when there is no next chapter button.

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

I do! I'm always trying to challenge myself when writing. I tend to stick to the same genre, but when I am coming up with new story ideas I always ask myself if this is a character I have done before, is the story line the same as usual? That tends to get me onto a different track and really make me excited to write.

11. What's the story you're most proud of?

Sorry State. It is definitely something that I have never done before and it comes straight from the heart. I have invested personal memories into it, gel emotion- not something made up in my head. I read it and just can't believe I had the balls to put it all out there, and I can't wait to see everyone's reactions as it continues.

12. What is your biggest writing weakness?

Biggest writing weakness..hmm...I would definitely have to say time management. I'm the worst updater ever. I'm a mom, fiancé, and I work forty hours a week. At the end of the day I mostly want to just crawl into bed.

13. Are you more of a writer or a reader?

I would have to say both. I write as much as I read and I read A LOT.

14. Do you read all kinds of fiction?

Definitely. I'm big on murder mysteries and can't get enough Patricia Cornwell. I will read pretty much anything vampire, so fantasy is a must. Dean Koontz and Steven King keep my sci-if interest moving along, while Nicholas Sparks gives me the feels with all his romance. I'm just a book lover in general.

15. Do you prefer original fiction or fan fiction?

As far as Mibba goes, fan fiction. I am an addict.

16. What's the genre you are most comfortable with?

Romance or drama.

17. Which genres and ratings do you prefer when you pick a story to read?

I usually go for romance and anything R+. I will be the first to admit anything below R usually doesn't catch my interest, but if the summary reels me in I'm yours.

18. Do you write stories with all kinds of ratings?

I have too big of a potty mouth and one too many dirty thoughts to do anything below R. I'm all for fluff, but I've gotta get my smut in. ::wink2:

19. How often do you update?

Depending on the story, I update every two weeks or so. Lately I haven't updated anything in a while. My laptop is having issues and updating on a tablet is brutal.

20. Any words for your readers?

Lots! Haha. I seriously can't believe the responses I get from you all. I try to reply to everyone and let you know how grateful I am. I may not have hundreds of readers, but the tens to twenties that I do have are more than enough. Thank you guys for reading and sticking with me through each and every story. You are incredible.

21. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

I am a HUGE Laurell K Hamilton fan. All of my smutty scenes are inspired by her. Seriously, Anita Blake has a room in my head and she pushes me to be badass, fierce, and sexy.

^-^ Thanks so much for your interest in my head. ^-^

And with that our interview come to the end. ::cute:

Thank you so much for your time viralstorm. It was fun interviewing you and learning things about you.

I hope all of you enjoyed this interview as much as I did.
Have fun reading her stories here.

~Marian.
September 29th, 2013 at 02:08pm