Interview: flitterbloom.

As always, I will remind you that you can only suggest authors here. I don't accept suggestions here. Thank you for understanding. There is a list of authors already interviewed, and you can find that here.

I got to interview the wonderful flitterbloom. She has many stories, but a few of my favorites are Collected, Beauty and the Doctor, and Coax. All of them are fan fictions. I have to say what they are based off of aren't exactly what I watch or like all that much, so I'm saying that this is a very that they are very good. Go check them out. They are really good.

Okay, enough with the introductions, let's get to the fun stuff. Here's the interview. Enjoy!

1. What's the meaning behind your username?
-Flitterbloom is a potion ingredient from Harry Potter. It's a plant with long tentacles, like Devil Snare. I like the name, think it has a cute little ring to it.

2. How long have you been on Mibba?
-I had a different account before but deleted it 'cause I'm dumb. In total, I've been on here since 2009, but I've only had this account since 2011. It's not exact, but whatever the case, it's been a few years.

3. Have you ever used any other website(s)?
-I started off on Buzznet when Fan Fiction was a big thing on there. That's when I only wrote about bands and had a big group of friends on the internet. Good times, but I wasn't exactly getting the constructive criticism I was looking for. I've tried Fanfiction.net , but that site is so freaking hard to work.

4. When did you start writing? Why?
-Oh god, I started writing when I was six. No lie. I was young, and I just realized that I was kind of good at it. English was always my favorite subject, and I always enjoyed getting good grades on papers just because it further convinced me that I really did have a talent. I didn't start writing in more of a recreational way until sixth grade, so like, when I was eleven. It just makes me feel good. I like entertaining people, I guess.

5. What are some of your stories and what are they about?
-Well, there's Weakness which is the first part of a Bane (from Batman) story. I have the sequel too, but am nowhere near finished with it. It's basically about a young girl who gets picked up by Bane's mercenaries and gets trained by the villain himself. People seemed to like it.

Carmen is one of my babies. It's sort of based off of the Lana Del Rey song, and it's about a high school girl who kind of just gets sucked into the world of drugs and partying. She makes friends with a few older guys and starts dating one of them, and her so-called friend Carmen is there all along. It's really just one big downard spiral. Also, the first original fic that I posted on here.

Collected is a Harry Potter fic that goes into the darker side of things. The protagonist, Isola, was raised by Death Eaters and is very loyal to them. It's set during Goblet of Fire and just goes through the school year, Isola trying to find Barty Crouch, Jr. (who was her very first gaurdian) while he's right in front of her face, and Voldemort's ressurection.

6. What's your inspiration for writing?
-Usually actors or TV shows. Sometimes a song will hit me in a certain spot, and I just have to use it somehow. I don't write with bands much anymore, but a good contest can get me inspired with them.

7. Do you like writing original fiction more? Or do you like to write fan fiction?
-It's hard to choose. Fan Fiction is a lot more fun to write in most cases because it's really all about fantasy, but original fiction gives me a greater sense of accomplishment. Especially when people actually like it.

8. What's your favorite fandom to write about? (Is fandom the correct term I'm looking for?)
-Definitely the right term.
My favorite probably has to be Harry Potter just because it's not just about the characters but also the entire Wizarding World. I know that it's lazy to just use an author's work like that, but that's what fan fiction is all about. It was the perfect series, and it's awesome for creativity.
Doctor Who is also fun, basically for the same reasons as above.

9. Do you have any rituals when you write? If you listen to music, what do you listen to?
-Um, actually, I have a writing snack. Chocolate milk and Goldfish. I don't have to have it, but I like to. Mostly because it means I don't have to get up when I get hungry or thirsty. As far as music goes, I pretty much listen to something that goes along with what I'm writing about. If it's all happy and upbeat or a club scene, it's, like, Ke$ha. If it's all dark and broody, then something like William Control.

10. When starting a story, what do you do? Do you use an outline? Or do you just kind of write as you go?
-I tried the outline thing, and it's great, and I respect everyone who does it so much... But it doesn't work for me. Mostly because I actually put too much detail into the outline, and it pretty much feels like I've already written the chapter, so I don't want to do it again. I get the idea in my head and already know what's going to happen, so then I just type it out like that.

11. What is your favorite genre to write about?
-Naturally, romance is fun. Action is a blast, but it's kind of hard to write those super hardcore action-y scenes. When they come out cool, it's all worth, it though.

12. What's your least favorite genre to write about?
-I guess War. Just because it's always sad. Even if there's a happy ending and stuff. Parts of it are just going to be heartbreaking. Drama is also hard just because it takes a lot out of me.

13. What's your favorite story to read on here?
-My Sadist King by little bird; is absolutely fantastic, and I'm really into Comfortable by SmilingScarlet since I finally started reading it.

14. Which of your stories are the most fun to write?
-Coax and Collected are the most fun, even though I haven't updated either of them in forever. Coax has a pretty fun vibe to it, just because it's Tom Hiddleston, and he's a little ball of sunshine. Collected it fun since it's all dark and full of villains.

15. Which of your stories are the hardest to write?
-About Today is hard to write because it's sort of a dark plot, just a kind of emotionally abusive relationship on both sides. It kind of takes a lot out of me just to imagine situations like that.
My Batman stories are hard to just because I have to be in that mood, and I haven't been for a while.

16. Do you ever run into writer's block? What do you do to get over it?
-God, all the time. Usually I just try to dabble around with something. Maybe I'll look at character pictures or go back to read over something. If all else fails, I just read other stories. Not to steal ideas or anything, but it gets my brain working again.

17. Are there any authors on here that inspire you to write?
-Oh yeah, two big ones, and those are SmilingScarlet and GlasgowXsmile. I don't have many legitimate friends on this site, but those two are at the top of my list and always back me on anything that I put out.

18. Do you research what you write?
-Of course! I like it to be as realistic as possible. My google search history is pretty frightening, if I do say so myself.

19. Do you like to experiment with your writing?
-To a degree. I like trying out the different genres and changing up the points of view and tenses, but that's about it.

20. Are there any authors that inspire you? (novels, books, etc.)
-I mean, naturally J.K. Rowling since I'm such a huge Potterhead. I also like John Green just because of his writing style. I'm pretty picky with what I read, though, so that's about as far as my list goes.

21. Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers?
-Well, thank you, of course. Thanks for reading and supporting me. And, on a supportive note, don't be afraid to post anything on this site. Most everyone is pretty friendly, and chances are, your writing will appeal to someone's taste.

***

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer all of my questions. It means a lot to me that you did:)
September 29th, 2013 at 05:03pm