Solo cinema trip + man candy (just because)

In the past there have been loads of films I've wanted to see, but my sister or friends haven't because typically they all prefer the more 'mainstream' stuff. Anyway, on Tuesday afternoon I found myself at a loose end and ended up at the cinema buying one ticket to see Rush.

Has anyone ever been to the cinema on their own?
A lot of you probably have. When I made a status on facebook that I was considering it, two girls who live in London commented saying they do it all the time. They even go to the theater on their own. So it's no big deal, but there's still the idea that cinemas are a shared experience right? I think that's what stopped me doing the solo journey before.

It was so liberating. I didn't have to consider how the people with me were enjoying the film, and there was nobody to make comments while I was trying to watch. It was basically like watching a movie at home, but on a big screen TV -and if there were a handful of random 50+ year old men sitting on the sofas.
- those are my people. Old men are my people.

Now on to the man candy, because who doesn't love a pretty face or two?
These are my long lasting, or current crushes in no particular order;

Image
Tom Hiddleston.
He's in 97% of blogs like this. There's an endless list as to why that is, but we can agree that he is an official life ruiner.
I have tickets to see him in Coriolanus next year and I'm already fearing heart palpitations. Shakespeare + Hiddles + Mark Gatiss. what is life?

Image
Chris Evans.
is a stupid jerk with a beautiful...face and an adorable personality.

Image
Henry Cavill.
Come on, just look at that face. Seriously. This man is beautiful. I've been crushing on him since Tudors and now he's friggin' Superman. He was my inspiration for Hermes in Walls of Glass and I can't imagine Hermes any other way now.

Image
Daniel Brühl.
Incredible actor. Though being able to speak fluent German, Spanish, English, French and Catalan should be illegal.

Image
Michael Fassbender.
I have a thing for Germans. And the Irish. And people with extreme talent.

Image
Max Irons.
It's almost as if he was crafted from marble. Just look at those cheekbones. I don't trust him because he's so beautiful, but in interviews and stuff he seems so friendly and down to earth. I also have a crush on his Father Jeremy. Geez. Why don't these handsome actors ever act like jackasses? Just once. It would help the heart of the average girl.

Image
Taylor Kitsch.
It bugs me that people only focus on how poorly John Carter did financially. I think some of this was down to marketing, I don't know about everywhere else but there was barely any where I live. I actually think it was a pretty decent film, far better than a lot of the bollocks that gets a sequel these days. Also, his more indie stuff is amazing, like The Bang Bang Club. Oh and let's not forget that he's a sweetheart.

Image
Oliver Jackson-Cohen.
Even though he was a complete bastard in World Without End, I still loved him. And he makes me even more excited for the upcoming Dracula series.

Image
Daniel Sharman.
HE'S SO CUTE! (dude, I have a lot of fellow Brits on this list.)

Image
Luke Evans.
That subtle welsh accent...I swear. Plus, he's Apollo.

Image
Colin Donaghue.
HE'S A FRICKIN' PIRATE...and in real life he's Irish - which is just as perfect.

At some point I'll make a girls list, because I have just as many 'girl crushes'.

Come on then mibbians, give me your top list.
October 1st, 2013 at 12:07am