My Interview With ''Carpe diem;'' and ''AJM1''

Hello everyone. ::mrgreen:

Today's first interview is with the lovely mibbian Carpe diem;. She's one of the oldest users on here and her slash stories They'll Never Know and He'll Make You Pay where from the first stories I picked to read on here.

If you want to know which are her favourite stories and some stuff, you have to read this: ::cute:
Updates, FAVOURITE STORIES ON THE INTERNET EVER, shameless self promote. Yay?

And with that, we reached question time. ::coffee:

01. Would you tell us your full name?

Sian.

02. How long have you been on mibba?

About five years! Since summer 2008!

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

Well I've got my new story up on Fictionpress and Wattpad but no one seems to be paying much attention to it so I don't know if I can be bothered to post it on there anymore.

04. Since when have you been writing?

Well I wrote stories when I was in my early teens, but I didn't start up again until I'd made my account here.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

Crossed the Line:
Now that best friends Saskia and Leo are away from home at the college of their dreams, they have the life that they've always wanted. It's only when one night stands, secret feelings, controlling girlfriends, slobbery dogs and a drug addicted brother are thrown into the mix that their nearly perfect world turns to disaster.

ATTENTION: Here you can find the review on the story from the stuff of Mibba's magazine.

He'll Make You Pay:
"You taste like self destruction, I'll follow where I'm lead."
Ethan Lane is infatuated with Lucian Taylor The ultimate bad boy at his school. He's the one that's rarely in class, the one that hates everyone, the one that treats everyone like shit, including Ethan. Everyone knows to never get on Lucians bad side. But Lucian has a deep dark secret, one that Ethan finds out one night. Now Lucian won't leave Ethan alone, doing absolutely anything in his power to stop the secret from getting out. Anything.

They'll Never Know:
Dale is your average boy, he has an average life and has average friends. Then comes a day when he questions alot of things about his life, including his sexuality. Then he meets Adam, and things just don't seem so average anymore.

And I also have some oneshots.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

I guess just reading really amazing stories on the internet inspired me and I just wanted to create my own, nothing special really.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

I guess I liked Lucian from He'll Make You Pay the most 'cause he was just an arse a lot of the time. ::XD: And because he was usually honest.

08. Do you do research before writing?

I only do research if I need to make sure something is accurate, like medical things or laws for example.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

There isn't just one author but several! I mainly read on Fictionpress though so most of the authors I like come from there.

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

I'd like to write a medieval fantasy at some point! Right now I just write what I'm comfortable with, I don't really challenge myself hard enough.

11. What's the story you're most proud of?

My newest one I guess which is Crossed the Line. ::XD: Not that I'm not proud of the others, but I like to think my writing has improved since then so I'd rather people check out my new one.

12. What is your biggest writing weakness?

Procrastinating I suppose. I'm always putting off writing, but I usually manage. I just get distracted by other things in life.

13. Are you more of a writer or a reader?

Definitely a reader.

14. Do you read all kinds of fiction?

Mostly romance, occasionally the supernatural, but I like there to be romance in that too. I'm willing to read stuff that I'm not used to though, like thrillers, action or whatever.

15. Do you prefer original fiction or fan fiction?

Original definitely, if its a fanfiction then sometimes I just pretend it is original.

16. What's the genre you are most comfortable with?

Romance!

17. Which genres and ratings do you prefer when you pick a story to read?

Romance or comedy, and I pick higher ratings usually.

18. Do you write stories with all kinds of ratings?

Yeah I've got a bit of a mix.

19. How often do you update?

Within a fortnight usually, so about twice a month, it's not a strict schedule so if an updates finished I'll post it sooner.

20. Any words for your readers?

I just want to say thank you! and I love you for liking my stories even though I know there's better writers out there.

21. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

I'm a fan of George R. R Martin and Cassandra Clare right now. But that's only now, I like a lot of authors.

^-^ There you go m'dear. ::hug: Thank you for interviwing me. ::arms: It's really nice of you to even consider me! ^-^

And with that our first interview come to the end. ::cute:

I hope all of you enjoyed this interview as much as I did.
Have fun reading her stories here.

Next in line is AJM1. He writes only original fiction, slash stories and my favorite by him are For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge and Faithless. He's not a blogger and I kind of hope he was. It would be interesting to see things from his point of view as a slash writer and many different things about him and his life.

And with that, we reached question time. ::coffee:

01. Would you tell us your full name?

Andrew J. Marks. or AJ.

02. How long have you been on mibba?

Three months, mostly lurking before making an account.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

Yes, on Live journal under the pen name beautfl_tragedy.

04. Since when have you been writing?

Since I was young. Eight years old or so. I've been posting stories, for five years.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

hey're m/m slash, usually R and NC-17, romance and love, drama, and with a plot. Not just porn, but there is that element in my stories.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

For Faithless, I wanted a HOT cop with an attitude/sarcastic nature who pushes people away, but finds himself longing for a 'straight' naive rookie.

For Trapped in the Wake of a Dream, I wanted a strong-minded gay teen who isn't bullied at school and who falls for a seemingly tough guy. I hoped to show how certain relationships could and do go wrong and the misunderstandings of an innocent boy because of parents preconceptions of a person's look.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

I love Ash's attitude and humor and Jason's looks and his personality. He's a doll.

08. Do you do research before writing?

OMG It's a necessity to research and research some more. If not, you end up looking like an idiot. I know little to nothing about cops and detectives so it took me awhile. It's a subject I wanted to write about and gladly accepted the work to look it up.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

Many, they're on my recc list and I'm subscribed to them. However, being new, I haven't explored many authors/stories yet. But I intend to.

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

I do like to experiment a lot. I love learning. I wrote a character death, but it still has a happy ending. I also wrote a Dom/sub story and did a lot of research and I learned SO very much. It was very enlightening. I am not interested in writing different centuries in time, Sci-Fi or male pregnancy kinda grosses me out. I did read one and that was enough for me. lol No offense to those who do like and write it. To each your own and my opinion doesn't matter in the larger scheme of things.

11. What's the story you're most proud of?

Oh boy. Everytime I write one, I feel that's the best one, until I finish and start another. lol I do like my Dom/sub one. There's soooo much drama and angst in it with the main character and that's because I took parts of my life and incorporated it into him. It's not all me, just some of the situations he goes through and his feelings. Most of my stories have a bit of me in them. I think that's natural... maybe?

12. What is your biggest writing weakness?

Losing my muse, writers block and when my imaginary boys quit talking to me (my characters) I'd also say punctuation.

13. Are you more of a writer or a reader?

I write more than I read, but if a story grabs me, then I'm all about finishing that story or book and will hold off on my writing.

14. Do you read all kinds of fiction?

I'll read M/M fanfiction or original fiction slash. I'm not a het reader, sorry. :/

15. Do you prefer original fiction or fan fiction?

I like either one. Recently got into A7X fic cuz they've been my favorite group for so long and I have to say I'm a huge shipper of Bratt! Those boys are HAWT!

16. What's the genre you are most comfortable with?

Comedy, romance, drama, angst- I'm pretty easy to please if you're referring to me reading certain genre stories. If you mean what am I comfortable writing, then I'd say... well, the same answer. LOL

17. Which genres and ratings do you prefer when you pick a story to read?

Anything rated PG-13 to NC-17. I love the sex, but sometimes I prefer to read a schmoopy story or one shot.

18. Do you write stories with all kinds of ratings?

um... *blush* almost all of them are NC-17, but that's for language, violence, sex, etc.. all the other rules set in place to protect readers from "stumbling" into my site. ::wink:

19. How often do you update?

I write a story to completion before I post it. I just like to give the reader the whole thing at once without having them worry if I'll abandon it or if they'll have to wait months for an update. Again, that's just me.

20. Any words for your readers?

I really want to thank them for their support, their comments and reccs on my stories. I value each and every comment because I know I'm doing something right if they like it. <3

21. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

I love mystery, m/m romance and psychological ones that fuck up your head. I can't forget Slash on Mibba. I've come across some awesome people/writers who are so very friendly. Also, my friend is published and she's very good. N.R. Walker on Amazon. She's a m/m slash writer too.

-THERE YA GO! THANKS FOR INCLUDING ME IN YOUR INTERVIEW. IT WAS A PLEASURE! TAKE CARE. ^-^
-Thank you so much for your time AJM1. It was fun interviewing you and learning things about you.

~Marian.
October 1st, 2013 at 07:15pm