Since it is LGBT month....

I am not LGBT, I am however supportive of it. I haven;t met anyone that was transsexual but all the others I have and I don't see why some people make it such a huge problem. There is nothing controversial about human rights, whether that person be heterosexual, homosexual,bi-sexual, black, white, Asian, Hispanic, tall, short, skinny, fat, I could go on and on. I live in a very close-minded community. I remember during my junior year of high school there was a huge fall out between the principal and a group of students. Our school yearbook always had a page about couples, and relationships and that year the yearbook students wanted to have a gay couple in the yearbook and our principal wouldn't allow it. Eventually the principal won and all the couples for the page were a male and female and for at least 4 months our whole school seemed divided between those who supported it and those who didn't.

Also in my community it seems as if if you aren't straight, you're gay. What I mean is I haven't been in a relationship since 7th grade. People notice this I guess and assume that since I'm not dating any girls, I must be gay. It doesn't matter than I'm not dating males either. Is anyone else's community like that? I've been bullied because of it and it doesn't make sense to me. This is just an American's point of view. I don't know how homosexuality is viewed in other countries or where same-sex marriage is legal. All I know is that in the United States it's unacceptable to the majority of our population and that should change.

I was going to add a gif but my search resulted in a lot of porn and....no.
October 2nd, 2013 at 04:10pm