Just to clear things up.....

Just a little diddy (not ‘bout Jack and Diane though LOL):

The point of my previous blog was not to offend anyone or to complain because I want more comments on my stories. I guess it was just a way to kind of send a shout out to those who put so much effort into their writing and feel like no one else cares. I have some AMAZING people who follow my stories, and I love them all and other than myself, I’m happy that my writing is able to make them happy.

I guess the point is that the past few days it seems like Mibba has been more about Mibbian politics than the writing. In case you guys haven’t noticed, there’s enough politicking going on in the real world (at least here in the US). This is a creative writing site and every time I sign on I see a blog that’s talking about slut shaming, why they think certain people shouldn’t write certain things, etc. You don’t have to like what other people write, but that doesn’t mean you should attack them either. There are authors from all over the world on this site, everyone comes from a different culture with different things that are acceptable/unacceptable. If you don’t like it, don’t read it. ‘Nuf said about that!

I never said that someone being called Mibba Royalty or Mibba Famous meant that they were stuck up and thought they were better than everyone else. All I meant by saying what I said was that I understand how some people get frustrated when they feel like they work really hard and don’t get recognized. Just to clear things up, I NEVER said that I felt like I should be or expected to be on someone’s list. I’ve read a few things that kind of imply that people are ranting about things because they’re jealous. I don’t know if that was aimed at me or not, but either way I just wanted to make it known that I personally don’t expect someone to put me on their list, especially if they don’t care for my writing.

I just don’t understand how this “creative writing” website has become more about everything but creative writing in some aspects. I never meant to offend anyone, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just wanted to make sure that what I said before wasn’t misconstrued.

Officially calling it a night, hope you all have a good evening/day depending on where you are in the world. All of you are talented individuals who I can admire simply based on the fact that you are reading and writing on this site!

~Cali
October 3rd, 2013 at 04:28am